IGNORED

Head of Comms.

Jeez

14 minutes ago, JollyestOli said:

Dave Barton and that Ryan bloke can **** off, they both represent the club and do it so poorly.

It’s bonkers really.  Bristol Sport has probably one of the most respected media men in British Basketball working for the Flyers - Joel Osborne (no relation of Robinstv comms man Toby).  I know Basketball is small fry to Bristol City, but his work is brilliant.  Along with a guy called Joe Pinchin at Leicester Riders they were the trendsetters in the BBL for top quality content.  So much so, Joe landed the media job at Chicago Bulls, yep Chicago Bulls!

Joel was the man behind the gifs, not Adam Baker.

Joel was the man who went on pre-season tour certainly the season before last (and before, not sure about Bradenton) and started giving us the training ground content we all like.

RyMo came from Basketball too (Surrey Scorchers) but although his video work is good, if he is indeed the guy running the social media accounts, he’s missed the public mood far too often imho.  That of course could be on Dave Barton’s direction, and I feel he’s misjudged the mood of a football fan versus his experience of the rugby fan.

Im not comms expert, but they are too often on the back foot, reactionary.  Korey Smith has proved that. Sometimes their hands will be tied, but I think it shows naivety that in the fast moving world of football gossip, carefully planned media reveals aren’t always the best option....certainly not when a player is being released.  Just get in with, by all means follow it up later, but get the news out there (when it’s not commercially sensitive).  The Retained List was Published on 23rd June.

6 hours ago, Red Alert said:

Whoever is responsible for the clubs communications needs to be fired. 

The KS statement today is the final straw is accepting the level of club Comms being provided.

Since the beginning of the year it’s gone backwards. Appreciate the Covid complications but is that really an excuse? Can’t see the correlation - you can work remotely and coordinate a rollout of communications via all channels - every other business appears capable at the moment.

And don't get me started on the shop...

3 hours ago, JollyestOli said:

Dave Barton and that Ryan bloke can **** off, they both represent the club and do it so poorly.

Yep. They’ve done a bad job. Amongst the already discussed terrible social media content there’s an annoyingly pious trickle of ‘right on’ subtle social justice content creeping in which is annoying. 

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

You’re very close to the truth there. The communication team can only post what and when they’re told to. They’re instructions come from MA. 

Is that a fact that the 'what they can post comes from MA' or speculation?

Not having a pop, but I thought Bristol Sport had a head of Comms?

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Group Head of Comms: Lisa Knights.  Each sports media team report to her.

I guess as someone else posted earlier, that day to day football comms may be directed by MA (and others).

40 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

MA calls the shots within AG and he dictates what is to go on the OS when it’s anything major such as the appointment of the new Head Coach.

19 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Feel the lads in PR are getting a lot of stick. Entirely the boards fault. Instructions to keep quiet and post pointless shit. Doing their jobs the best they can when the people above are acting piss-poorly.

You’re right to say it’s the board’s fault, more specifically Trashton’s, but those PR professionals should also have the judgement based on experience to tell the board the difference between good and bad PR. These last five or six weeks have been a complete and utter PR/comms disaster.

7 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Sunday............it hasn't moved off Sunday for the last five weeks though.......

I bet whoever had to get up early on a Sunday morning to hastily scribe the Korey article is proper peeved!! 

29 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

And you know this how....

Well the media team is only going to put out what it’s told isn’t it?

The 2 years ago today drivel will have been prescheduled so hence it went out.

The media team is hardly going to post ‘its a bit of a shitshow at the moment so bear with us’.

Unless they go rogue like that the person that got fired from the Civil Service twitter account for saying ‘Imagine dealing with these truth twisters’

btw hats off to whoever did that, I’ll buy them a pint any day.

6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Well the media team is only going to put out what it’s told isn’t it?

The 2 years ago today drivel will have been prescheduled so hence it went out.

The media team is hardly going to post ‘its a bit of a shitshow at the moment so bear with us’.

Unless they go rogue like that the person that got fired from the Civil Service twitter account for saying ‘Imagine dealing with these truth twisters’

btw hats off to whoever did that, I’ll buy them a pint any day.

JK Rowling offered you pay him / her a years salary as they lost their job.

9 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

The fact you can’t see it is laughable. Hope you’ve got your blinkers on to see nothing but good news tomorrow.

The fact you still won't say what it is is even more laughable, surely if its so obvious it shouldn't take too long to tell us? 

9 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

The fact you can’t see it is laughable. Hope you’ve got your blinkers on to see nothing but good news tomorrow.

This answer is the equivalent to a conversation with a pre menstrual Doris.

Bloke: What's the matter?

Bird: Nothing.

Bloke: Well, clearly something is bothering you.

Bird: WELL IF YOU DON'T KNOW, I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU.

Bloke: I'll be in the pub if you need me.

#Wimmin

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

This answer is the equivalent to a conversation with a pre menstrual Doris.

Bloke: What's the matter?

Bird: Nothing.

Bloke: Well, clearly something is bothering you.

Bird: WELL IF YOU DON'T KNOW, I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU.

Bloke: I'll be in the pub if you need me.

#Wimmin

Jokes about blokes, birds and periods. Very good.

11 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Jokes about blokes, birds and periods. Very good.

Cheers! Thought it would make a change from food vouchers, personal account managers and terrible puns.

Next week, 'my mother in law' might make an appearance.

Your validation and approval is important to me.

Archived