IGNORED

Gregor

AshtonRobin21

I feel for the guy at the moment. Seems to have been given some misleading info. Wonder if the club has taken exception to one of his articles during the manager search. 

It's his job to report what he is told from sources. He has been the only form of communication us fans have had over the past 5 weeks. Seems a genuine guy who wants fans to be fully up to date with the current goings on at Ashton Gate. However, after reading some of the replies he gets on twitter, the poor bloke gets slated. 

I now wonder how accurate the information he has been given regarding Holden is. 

As I have said before he does not have the access that was permitted to journalist years ago.  Richard Latham and Peter Godsiff for instance would travel on the team bus to games sometimes and be briefed daily about City. AG is like the Kremlin now, as we are finding out ourselves trying to get info. Give him a break. If he had hard facts he would put them out there.

18 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I feel for the guy at the moment. Seems to have been given some misleading info. Wonder if the club has taken exception to one of his articles during the manager search. 

It's his job to report what he is told from sources. He has been the only form of communication us fans have had over the past 5 weeks. Seems a genuine guy who wants fans to be fully up to date with the current goings on at Ashton Gate. However, after reading some of the replies he gets on twitter, the poor bloke gets slated. 

I now wonder how accurate the information he has been given regarding Holden is. 

Re your last sentence, I’m  beginning to seriously wonder about this.

False information on Korey Smith, still no official word on whether McAllister is still here or not.

Have we all been led to believe wrongly that Holden is in the frame, or are we all going to be totally shocked when the new manager is named.

Its like a big game atm between the club, the fans, and a reporter that is possibly being fed lies by someone at the club.

4 minutes ago, marmite said:

As I have said before he does not have the access that was permitted to journalist years ago.  Richard Latham and Peter Godsiff for instance would travel on the team bus to games sometimes and be briefed daily about City. AG is like the Kremlin now, as we are finding out ourselves trying to get info. Give him a break. If he had hard facts he would put them out there.

Godsiff was almost like a member of the team. Went to socials and even staff' weddings.

I think the chill fell over the relations with the media in the past 20 years, particularly after the Coppell debacle.  Make of that what you will. 

I feel he has worked really hard to form a relationship with city fans. He's certainly digging deep trying to keep fans in the loop currently, and fair play to him because leading sport reporters haven't had a sniff so far. 

My personal opinion is that he has done a great job over the last few weeks. He won't get everything correct (as we have seen today). However he's given fans regular updates at a time which we have received no communication from the club. 

I'm really interested to see what comes to light over the course of this week. 

Can't help but think his main source of info was LJ.

Previously, the stories he broke seemed to be a few hours or the odd day before the club announced things, maybe LJ didn't want the local rag to ask too many questions of his streaky form and feeding the local journo kept him inside.

Guesswork on my part, that.

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

False information on Korey Smith, still no official word on whether McAllister is still here or not.

Have we all been led to believe wrongly that Holden is in the frame, or are we all going to be totally shocked when the new manager is named.

Its like a big game atm between the club, the fans, and a reporter that is possibly being fed lies by someone at the club.

Exactly this. It certainly feels like someone is trying to lead Gregor down the wrong path currently.

Or the club is backtracking very quickly behind the scenes trying to find solutions. 

It feels like there is going to be a shock announcement this week. Whether that is Head Coach, backroom staff, DOF etc  remains to be seen. 

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can't help but think his main source of info was LJ.

Previously, the stories he broke seemed to be a few hours or the odd day before the club announced things, maybe LJ didn't want the local rag to ask too many questions of his streaky form and feeding the local journo kept him inside.

Guesswork on my part, that.

His source has to be a high profile figure within the club. 

However I doubt it was LJ as the Kasey Palmer story sticks out in my mind as not being overly in favour of LJ's man management skills. 

But the detail in that article was too much for it to be simply guesswork. Someone who had witnessed the events unfolding on a daily basis had passed that information on to Gregor. 

46 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

The point exactly so let's all relax and let time run its course.

14 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I’ve got a feeling that you’re correct. Someone at the club  feels he’s asking too many questions and is doing too good a job at trying to get to the truth. Their simple solution was to feed him an incorrect story so that when it was found to be rubbish he would be discredited. This is getting more and more like a John le Carré spy story 

7 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

His source has to be a high profile figure within the club. 

However I doubt it was LJ as the Kasey Palmer story sticks out in my mind as not being overly in favour of LJ's man management skills. 

But the detail in that article was too much for it to be simply guesswork. Someone who had witnessed the events unfolding on a daily basis had passed that information on to Gregor. 

Or someone with an agenda. Or just a bit of a guess so as to get something in print.

20 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I’m sure there will be a complaint from the club about today. But as the EP are Gas anyway they won’t give a toss.

Gas they may have been, but the reason for all the Conjecture, click bait and “interesting” links that we don’t actually want is that it is no longer a true bristol rag, it’s part of mirror group!

24 minutes ago, marmite said:

Comms and engagement with fans at City is terrible. Treated like mugs by facile idiots like Downsy or slick operators like Ashton. 

It could be so different. Why not give over some % of the club to fans, as they do in Germany. That would secure SL’s legacy, ensure fans’ voice heard and keep us forever safe from the fate of a Wigan, Newcastle etc.

Pure speculation on my part but any chance GmcG’s source is/was JMac? Interesting that he’s (likely) got a bunch of stuff right until it he (JM) got the shove? 

Possible that the Korey stuff was accurate until things moved on in the last couple of days, which JM wouldn’t have been privy to? 

36 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It really is the hope that kills you ?

5 minutes ago, Creg said:

Pure speculation on my part but any chance GmcG’s source is/was JMac? Interesting that he’s (likely) got a bunch of stuff right until it he (JM) got the shove? 

Possible that the Korey stuff was accurate until things moved on in the last couple of days, which JM wouldn’t have been privy to? 

I think that’s the “rumour” or least Macca the ultimate source and fed through others.  

Archived