IGNORED

Gregor

AshtonRobin21

37 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’ve got a feeling that you’re correct. Someone at the club  feels he’s asking too many questions and is doing too good a job at trying to get to the truth. Their simple solution was to feed him an incorrect story so that when it was found to be rubbish he would be discredited. This is getting more and more like a John le Carré spy story 

Poirot would not have put up with this 

Just now, Southport Red said:

Gregor tweeted a deal to extend Korey’s Contract was v close, then Korey revealed he’d been let go. 

Ah. Very odd. I think most have been fed false stories by genuine sources at some point but normally with a purpose; can't think of any real reason why anyone would benefit from lying about this.

29 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

We haven’t found anything out at all! 

He's not exactly news hound of the year.  We are no closer to knowing whats going on at StalagGate than we were the night LJ was sacked. The Media department is mostly redundant, and the little they communicate is mostly nonsense?  I''m not even sure if they have heard of PR, this really is low period in the clubs relationship with it's supporters?

33 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

He had literally got nothing right in recent weeks . Nothing we can prove anyway 

He is being fed bum information. The Gerrard story was another one 

It most certainly wasn't. He's been accurate in most of the stuff he's reported but obviously on occasion he will be "used" to spread a false rumour or two. That's the nature of the job. 

1 minute ago, Roadrunner said:

I say lets get Eddie Shoestring on the case now.image.jpeg.a7f384b87dbe18336b06e4258d42be23.jpeg

In the late Seventies, thanks to a dodgy moustache, I was the dead spit of Eddie Shoestring, so much so that a strange woman once stopped me in the street and asked me to investigate the disappearance of her boyfriend.  Given how odd she was, I wasn’t surprised he disappeared.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It most certainly wasn't. He's been accurate in most of the stuff he's reported but obviously on occasion he will be "used" to spread a false rumour or two. That's the nature of the job. 

To be fair, we don’t know if he has been accurate. The only stories that have been confirmed is when we know he had been wrong....like today 

I would rather take your info over his. Even after you seem to have lost a bit of dosh in the bookies ?

I think it’s a massive mole hunt by the club. I reckon JMac was the mole, that’s why they’ve fired him and the Holden story is just part of that. They only question is if Holden was in on it and has snaked him. I know this sounds a bit out there but might explain why SM and BT disappeared off Twitter to avoid the fallout. 

44 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

He had literally got nothing right in recent weeks . Nothing we can prove anyway 

He is being fed bum information. The Gerrard story was another one 

He needs to confirm his sources because just now he is looking a tad daft. I expect the club will be very wary of him from now on.

6 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Bizarre how the Korey story, now live on bcfc.co.uk, has been uploaded today yet the Macca story, apparently gone on Friday, is nowhere to be seen. 

Suggests Jamie left under a cloud perhaps?

Or that its bollox

7 minutes ago, WesM said:

I think it’s a massive mole hunt by the club. I reckon JMac was the mole, that’s why they’ve fired him and the Holden story is just part of that. They only question is if Holden was in on it and has snaked him. I know this sounds a bit out there but might explain why SM and BT disappeared off Twitter to avoid the fallout. 

I said as much yesterday... tho don't know if that is the case for sure

1 minute ago, WesM said:

Could well be the case. Perhaps they put a lot of energy into getting Gerrard, that broke to the media and went wrong - now we’re playing catch-up. As a result they’re desperately plugging gaps to stop more leaks.

Never liked the EP, not about to change my mind. Always seem to want to find something negative to say about City - even IF there's something positive happening. Not sure why this is, what the background is (if anything). Don't know anything about this Gregor guy. Is he quite new to the role? Is he a fan?

17 minutes ago, maxjak said:

He's not exactly news hound of the year.  We are no closer to knowing whats going on at StalagGate than we were the night LJ was sacked. The Media department is mostly redundant, and the little they communicate is mostly nonsense?  I''m not even sure if they have heard of PR, this really is low period in the clubs relationship with it's supporters?

I'm sure they will announce something when it is ready to be announced. The BP want to sell newspapers only.

On the Post website there is a link.........if you want to hear Gregor discussing the Big storries from AG, click here............... When i clicked the link,  I got a discussion about Black Lives Matter?  I didn't even know Gregor was black?  But really, it's another example of the Mickey Mouse Post site.?

4 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

Never liked the EP, not about to change my mind. Always seem to want to find something negative to say about City - even IF there's something positive happening. Not sure why this is, what the background is (if anything). Don't know anything about this Gregor guy. Is he quite new to the role? Is he a fan?

Took over from Stockhausen a while back who was always getting slagged off. Makes one appreciate what we have lost.

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

i think he has done a good job keeping the fans updated. if he gets the odd story wrong so what.  At least he is trying. its a pity lansdown and Ashton can't keep the fans informed. keep up the good work Gregor. 

Agree. Just goes to show how disconnected the club is with the fans nowadays. Awful mess IMO.

12 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

False rumours about Holden and McAllister possibly then ??

The Holden one still could be, there is no way of knowing until the new man gets the job.

No way the McAllister story is, firstly because unlike the way Gregor writes a lot of his stuff there was no “I understand that” at the start, he just said he’d been sacked.

Secondly because as has happened when he was wrong (or fed duff info) about Korey, the individual would have come out & corrected him.

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Afraid not, imo

Kid, do you reckon the announcements tomorrow (or whenever!) will be a bit more vanilla than the wild speculation that was inspired by Gregor's "fairly exciting" comment?

For all his flaws, I was really worried when Stockhausen left that we'd be left with a shill of a journalist who did the bare minimum to earn a salary whilst regurgitating club press releases into news.

Gregor has really impressed me and it seems very clear to me he's keen to do the best job he possibly can and that he takes his responsibilities as a journalist seriously and is genuinely committed to the integrity of the press. Frankly I suspect he's a lot better than the Evening Post deserve and goes way beyond what he is paid to do.

In that light, I don't believe for a second that he posts anything he's not well-grounded and certain on. Indeed, during the manager search and before, he appears to have refrained posting things that are speculation and, for example when the national press were saying Hughton was a shoe-in, was willing to dampen the speculation on the basis he felt he could not verify it rather than pretend to be more ITK than he was. I find the theory that JMc was a major source and that his departure his linked to that to be very plausible. I suspect Holden will be appointed but, if he isn't, I think it will be because GMc has been deliberately misled rather than any dishonesty or idle speculation on his part. 

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

For all his flaws, I was really worried when Stockhausen left that we'd be left with a shill of a journalist who did the bare minimum to earn a salary whilst regurgitating club press releases into news.

Gregor has really impressed me and it seems very clear to me he's keen to do the best job he possibly can and that he takes his responsibilities as a journalist seriously and is genuinely committed to the integrity of the press. Frankly I suspect he's a lot better than the Evening Post deserve and goes way beyond what he is paid to do.

In that light, I don't believe for a second that he posts anything he's not well-grounded and certain on. Indeed, during the manager search and before, he appears to have refrained posting things that are speculation and, for example when the national press were saying Hughton was a shoe-in, was willing to dampen the speculation on the basis he felt he could not verify it rather than pretend to be more ITK than he was. I find the theory that JMc was a major source and that his departure his linked to that to be very plausible. I suspect Holden will be appointed but, if he isn't, I think it will be because GMc has been deliberately misled rather than any dishonesty or idle speculation on his part. 

Following on from what I just posted eEven this, for example, is exactly what a journalist does not do if they are their to pick up a pay packet and have an easy life:

I think we are lucky to have Gregor.

Archived