IGNORED

Gregor

AshtonRobin21

32 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

In the late Seventies, thanks to a dodgy moustache, I was the dead spit of Eddie Shoestring, so much so that a strange woman once stopped me in the street and asked me to investigate the disappearance of her boyfriend.  Given how odd she was, I wasn’t surprised he disappeared.

Did you later get into an unconvincing fist fight with a "heavy" who disparagingly called you "Bootlace" before telling you all the details of the crime he committed after you got him in an arm-lock?

31 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

In the late Seventies, thanks to a dodgy moustache, I was the dead spit of Eddie Shoestring, so much so that a strange woman once stopped me in the street and asked me to investigate the disappearance of her boyfriend.  Given how odd she was, I wasn’t surprised he disappeared.

@Southport Red was the spitting image of Shoestring I seem to remember in around 1980.

41 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Without his little updates we wouldn't know anything. Literally nothing 

I'm sure he's fed little bits to prepare us and to gauge reaction

Errr, so even though he is wrong 90 percent of the time its still good info?

I'm sure he is fed nothing.

2 hours ago, YGBjammy said:

Imagine how little we would have found out the last 5 weeks without him.

We don’t know that anything’s he’s said is true

The club clearly wanted to do their business privately for whatever reason, though I agree they probably could have given fans a couple of updates just to clear up some rumours.

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Re your last sentence, I’m  beginning to seriously wonder about this.

False information on Korey Smith, still no official word on whether McAllister is still here or not.

Have we all been led to believe wrongly that Holden is in the frame, or are we all going to be totally shocked when the new manager is named.

Its like a big game atm between the club, the fans, and a reporter that is possibly being fed lies by someone at the club.

I’m holding out hope that the reason Holdens been given the weekend to make a decision is because what he’s been offered isn’t actually head coach job and hence he has to decide if it’s what he wants - maybe a demotion or a pay cut possibly?

1 minute ago, Desso said:

I wonder if they suspected Macca of passing information, so they fed him duff stuff to find out. Hence the sacking.

Would explain the Korey thing. Talks with Korey were going well last time JMac heard, but the situation changed ince he was out of the loop. 

51 minutes ago, BigTone said:

He needs to confirm his sources because just now he is looking a tad daft. I expect the club will be very wary of him from now on.

any good journo worth their salt will never reveal their souce as it proves them untrustworthy 

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

He had literally got nothing right in recent weeks . Nothing we can prove anyway 

He is being fed bum information. The Gerrard story was another one 

Over two weeks ago, national press and talksport radio said Hughton was a done deal.

Gregor said it was nothing of the sort

Who got that right?

There is too much fake news. I don’t blame Gregor MacG, but there is seriously something wrong with the club when there are so many rumours and so little truth from City’s communication dept  

17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Over two weeks ago, national press and talksport radio said Hughton was a done deal.

Gregor said it was nothing of the sort

Who got that right?

They said he’d agreed to be Bristol City head coach, which may have been true. I’ve heard it broke down when they came to agree the fine details of budgets, control etc. 

1 hour ago, WesM said:

I think it’s a massive mole hunt by the club. I reckon JMac was the mole, that’s why they’ve fired him and the Holden story is just part of that. They only question is if Holden was in on it and has snaked him. I know this sounds a bit out there but might explain why SM and BT disappeared off Twitter to avoid the fallout. 

So, if JMac was the mole, I can only presume it was him that told Gregor he had been sacked.......... unless someone else told him..........two moles!!

I am totally confused though, because that if it’s true, then why haven’t City formally announced it ?

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

So, if JMac was the mole, I can only presume it was him that told Gregor he had been sacked.......... unless someone else told him..........two moles!!

I am totally confused though, because that if it’s true, then why haven’t City formally announced it ?

I got the impression from Gregor’s initial tweet that Macca might be the true source, but he got it via a 3rd party, possibly the scout mentioned (not named)  in the tweet.  2+2, not sure if 4 or 5 though.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It most certainly wasn't. He's been accurate in most of the stuff he's reported but obviously on occasion he will be "used" to spread a false rumour or two. That's the nature of the job. 

So possibly classic deflection technique. Under pressure following a series of PR blunders and delayed decisions that have turned the fan base against the board and annoyed at how Gregor seems to be ITK what better than to turn the fans anger against the media, (in this case Gregor) and discredit him and his sources. All becoming a little Trump-like I fear. 

38 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

Wasn't wrong with Jamie

Wasn't wrong with Holden

We don't have any proof if the other claims are real or not

We have no proof he wasn't wrong with Jamie or Holden.  WTF are you on about.  If G McG said the tooth fairy existed it seems you would agree.

Archived