Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

I said this on another thread but I like to think the club is giving the media the run around. Trouble is, those that believe what they write think they are getting the run around as well. I’ve always thought that the media should be used as a way of sending our competition off the scent i.e. make it look like you’re after one player or manager but go after another. Press wouldn’t think twice about spreading rumours so we should use them to our advantage. 

What’s happening in this instance though is that the club are not saying anything. That’s leading fans to jump to conclusions based on what’s trending on Twitter etc. I’m much more sceptical. I feel like Gregor has pretty much reported on every possible outcome all so he can break the story with “As previously reported in the post Dean Holden/ Chris Hughton/ Steven Gerrard has been appointed Head Coach....”

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Matthew me said:

By the way..... What do you mean about the tooth fairy?? You're not telling me she's not real are you!!!

That can’t be right, surely these days a fairy don’t have a gender

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I have a couple of leprechauns in my garden who say your source is incorrect.

Well Bigfoot in my garden says it is.

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Gregor could print an article saying that today is Monday and you'd still get people refusing to believe him until the club say so.

I must admit I’d have to check the calendar. 

I actually think that life is far from easy for Gregor and all in all he does a good job for a shit newspaper group. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Gregor could print an article saying that today is Monday and you'd still get people refusing to believe him until the club say so.

What with different time zones around the world it can be Monday in the UK, but Sunday or Tuesday elsewhere. So Gregor's talking shit! 🤪

How valuable to the football club is the Bristol Post ?

Genuine question, because i'm not sure of the extent of readership but can't imagine that its substantial.

That, combined with the suspicion (fact?) that the rag is partisan towards the gas might be encouraging the club to seriously take the piss because the Post needs a relationship more than BCFC does.

56 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

How valuable to the football club is the Bristol Post ?

Genuine question, because i'm not sure of the extent of readership but can't imagine that its substantial.

That, combined with the suspicion (fact?) that the rag is partisan towards the gas might be encouraging the club to seriously take the piss because the Post needs a relationship more than BCFC does.

The reports at a local level can be picked up by the nationals, so I would say that a healthy club/paper relationship should be fairly important to the Bristol Sport PR spin machine.

Edited by eastonboy
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

The reports at a local level can be picked up by the nationals, so I would say that a healthy club/paper relationship should be fairly important to the Bristol Sport PR sponsor machine.

I have not heard about this department. Could you elaborate please?

1 hour ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Gregor’s post this morning at 6am sadly for me proves he’s now a puppet of the club. 

That was a scripted article to try and gets fans on side. 

Very true and I'm seeing people already coming in line with the 'academy route' on socials. It's brainwashing

Crazy that we've had multiple staff members sacked, a new head coach agreed, and two new coaches coming in (if you believe GMG, which I do) and yet absolutely nothing from the club officially yet. Reckon they'll announce it all in one big press conference? (Maybe along with Nketiah?! 😂)

• Like 1