IGNORED

Getting Real

Bat Fastard

3 minutes ago, Riaz said:

I think Hughton is intelligent enough to know, all clubs have been hit hard. He’d know we couldn’t offer him a massive budget - but that will be the same for any other club he may want to manage 

That's the thing- I agree with that but we shall have to see if he gets hired in the current climate- him and others.

Notable that he didn't go to Bournemouth. Watford? We shall see.

Same goes for other out of work but talented managers- it will be interesting to see anyway.

53 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I await eagerly your financial projections in line with FFP regulations which clubs have to stick to or face the consequences- ask Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday fans. :thumbsup:

Or even Derby fans whose wait goes on- could go on about various transfer embargoes or soft ones- but who is to say we are not under some kind of soft embargo or at least closer monitoring or similar already!

I also eagerly await your counterbalance analysis on a potential wage cap that might come in to replace FFP, was/has been mooted as soon as next season.

What the **** has that got to do with appointed LJ’s ******* assistant? We might as well have kept Lee!!

8 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Our new head coach has the advantage of being very well known and is obviously admired by the board, players and others in the club. 

Well known I'll grant you, but it is pure guesswork to say he is admired by the players. The board like him, sure, but as this last 5 weeks has shown, the board are utterly clueless about how to run a football club.

And anyway, being matey with players, particularly players who are under-performing, isn't an advantage. Look what happened to Tinnion when he was in charge.

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Well known I'll grant you, but it is pure guesswork to say he is admired by the players. The board like him, sure, but as this last 5 weeks has shown, the board are utterly clueless about how to run a football club.

And anyway, being matey with players, particularly players who are under-performing, isn't an advantage. Look what happened to Tinnion when he was in charge.

Time will tell - as a tech buff, have you any wisdom to impart about how to listen to the press conference?

8 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

What the **** has that got to do with appointed LJ’s ******* assistant? We might as well have kept Lee!!

My post was unduly harsh. 

It's a very disappointing appointment. I fully understand and share the dismay. Agree if Holden being appointed was due to finance them keeping Lee Johnson may have been the stable option.

We've lost 5 weeks due to this, 5 weeks of preparation for a new season- in very condensed period...doesn't bode well!

Archived