IGNORED

U23s and U18s Squads

CyderInACan

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/new-under-23s-and-under-18s-announced/

NEW UNDER-23S AND UNDER-18S ANNOUNCED

MONDAY, AUGUST 10TH 2020

City are delighted to announce its new Under-23 and Under-18 players for the 2020/21 season.

Ten of the 11-strong cohort have come through the Robins ranks to sign their first professional contracts and will be joined by goalkeeper Harvey Wiles-Richards, who trained with City last season after coming through Bath City’s college programme.

They will join Louis Britton (pictured), Vince Harper, Zac Smith, Lochlan Robertson and Bradley Webb, who have all earned new one-year contracts, Owura Edwards after he was given a new two-year deal, while Tom Harrison has been awarded a six-month contract after recovering from a foot injury.

The Under-23s will return to training this week along with 11 new Under-18s 1st Year scholars, who have all come up through City’s Under-16 ranks.

Bristol City Academy Manager Gary Probert said: “Congratulation to all these young men who have all shown great application and diligence to earn their contracts and scholarships and we are looking forward to supporting these players in the next stage of their development.”

New Under-23s: Samuel Bell, William Buse, Tommy Conway, Joseph Low, Joshua Owers, Samuel Pearson, Callum Pearson, Harvey Wiles-Richards, Barnaby Soady, James Taylor, Ryley Towler.

New Under-18 1st Year Scholars: Zak Bell, Omar Taylor Clarke, Seb Palmer Houlden, Harry Leeson, Dylan Kadji, Dylan Lewis, Matt Morris, Rohan Nelson, Will Sage, Luca Smith, James Walker.

He’s just turned 17. Got an auto contract and tinnion told me over DM that it had been ripped up and a better one had been offered.

other point to mention, Prince Henry isn’t on that list as an u-18 which suggests it is just listing new u-18 players and those that have moved to u-23 from 18’s.

point stands though, why has benarous not been announced as a new u-23 as he is well ahead of his years

2 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Benarous. His agent says that list is for new players coming into the setup.

surely benarous contract should have been announced for u-23’s as he’s been training with first team last season...

Maybe he's gone straight to a professional first team contract?

Here's hoping, he sounds like he's got great potential and it'd be a shame to see him disappear like Herbie Kane and Jacob Maddox without seeing him play with us.

13 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

He’s just turned 17. Got an auto contract and tinnion told me over DM that it had been ripped up and a better one had been offered.

other point to mention, Prince Henry isn’t on that list as an u-18 which suggests it is just listing new u-18 players and those that have moved to u-23 from 18’s.

point stands though, why has benarous not been announced as a new u-23 as he is well ahead of his years

Still the holder of one of the greatest threads in OTIB history

26 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Am I correct in thinking that Bell and Owers are the sons of Mickey & Gary respectively? 

Any other decent talents among those lists? Barnaby Soady rings a bell for some reason. 

Yes, they are.

Soady (LB) was involved in pre-season games last season.

Towler is meant to be good.

@Lrrris your man to give a good update on the youngsters.  Think @The Dolman Pragmatist watches a lot of the youth games too.

25 minutes ago, JamboBCFC said:

Sam Pearson highly rated isn't he?

Yes.

34 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Benarous. His agent says that list is for new players coming into the setup.

surely benarous contract should have been announced for u-23’s as he’s been training with first team last season...

Age wise he's part of the u18's regardless of the type of contract, doesn't matter if he plays 23's or 1st team.

Just now, maxjak said:

May i please ask, where i find the Classics section?........thanks

Home page 4th section down

I am new to this forum but happen to be mates and ex teammates with a few of the new u23s. I would watch out for Ryley Towler and Sam Pearson as I’m sure they’ll get their chance in and around the first team squad at some point next year. Towler being a tall commanding cm and Pearson being a tricky winger who likes a goal. For the person who asked, Sam Bell is the son of Mickey Bell and is a quick, both footed striker. Did well on loan to Yate last season.

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Am I correct in thinking that Bell and Owers are the sons of Mickey & Gary respectively? 

Any other decent talents among those lists? Barnaby Soady rings a bell for some reason. 

They are, mate.

Don’t know if you remember Josh Low of the blue few, well Joseph is his son..

1 hour ago, Geevy said:

I am new to this forum but happen to be mates and ex teammates with a few of the new u23s. I would watch out for Ryley Towler and Sam Pearson as I’m sure they’ll get their chance in and around the first team squad at some point next year. Towler being a tall commanding cm and Pearson being a tricky winger who likes a goal. For the person who asked, Sam Bell is the son of Mickey Bell and is a quick, both footed striker. Did well on loan to Yate last season.

Towler sounds like just what we need. Get him on the fasttrack plan!

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Yes, it's also why I'd treat any comments from Owers with a pince of salt. He's not going to be brutally honest about Holden for example if it's going to negatively impact on his son's career. 

As much as I like him, it's for this reason BBC Bristol could benefit from sticking to co-commentators with no ties etc.. in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, redordead1 said:

Yes, it's also why I'd treat any comments from Owers with a pince of salt. He's not going to be brutally honest about Holden for example if it's going to negatively impact on his son's career. 

As much as I like him, it's for this reason BBC Bristol could benefit from sticking to co-commentators with no ties etc.. in my opinion. 

Is Owers still involved, if only for providing accommodation to young players?

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Is Owers still involved, if only for providing accommodation to young players?

Was thinking more of his media work tbh..

""It sits well with me. As a professional he's [Holden] a sound bloke, a great coach. It may not be the popular choice outside the walls of Ashton Gate with the fans if everything you read on social media is to be believed."

Archived