IGNORED

Holden Out!

Cider red

3/4 months I give him before we are well established in the bottom 3.  It will cost more money for the club appointing assistants to aid Dean Holden, they are better off appointing a manager with experience as ultimately that's what will be needed in 3/4 months time anyway to save us from relegation 

23 minutes ago, super slick said:

I think 3-6 months is incredibly optimistic, I think it will be closer to 3-6 games!

I thought it had already happened - before he’s even been appointed!

27,000 seater stadium, fully equipped for the premier league. New training ground in development. Billionaire owner. 

Never a better time to get a high calibre of manager to drive the club forwards? 

City board: Nah, let’s appoint an unproven, inexperienced, left-over from the old regime and tell the fans that this time it’ll be different!

epic fail.

28 minutes ago, Cider red said:

For a hero...... 

Just thought I'd be the first; its inevitable in 3 -6 months it will happen. 

I assume you are talking about his existing coaching role ? How can you offer up a post on here say of a role as HC of which he has never been offered.

The daily star apparently might buy a story from you

24 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Can see us finishing bottom half this coming season followed by relegation next with this model.

Perhaps I’m saying the above because of my current mood. But I cannot see how we will push on and move up. 

Be hope full red pool and dont read gossip 

3 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

27,000 seater stadium, fully equipped for the premier league. New training ground in development. Billionaire owner. 

Never a better time to get a high calibre of manager to drive the club forwards? 

City board: Nah, let’s appoint an unproven, inexperienced, left-over from the old regime and tell the fans that this time it’ll be different!

epic fail.

Roy De Alien (I know, I know) saying Hughton was nailed on but talks broke down over say so over signings and transfer budgets, otherwise he WOULD be the HC. 

Make of that what you will. 

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

Roy De Alien (I know, I know) saying Hughton was nailed on but talks broke down over say so over signings and transfer budgets, otherwise he WOULD be the HC. 

It doesn’t surprise me unfortunately. As I’ve commented on in another thread this morning, our lot in life as a club seems to be to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory - this farce is no different. 

29 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

The twitter handle is called Roy De Alien for crying out loud 

There's gonna be a lot of clubs in deeper shite than we are this coming season, Sheff Weds for starters, generally weaker teams than the City too. With the squad we have I think we could all have a go at managing City and still not get relegated.

The point is though not being relegated, or even being in a relegation battle is hardly the progress that the Board promised.

Sounds like we had an opportunity to get Hughton but wouldn't change our approach to the managers responsibilities - I've always felt you have to do something different to make change happen, you can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. This pass the baton to a caretaker manager has been done by City before, so they've not changed tactics if they appoint Holden, so I expect exactly the same result - massive disappointment.

Good luck to him though, nothing against the bloke himself, I just wanted more at this point.

43 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Nothing. As that account knows nothing. 

1 hour ago, Redpool said:

Can see us finishing bottom half this coming season followed by relegation next with this model.

Perhaps I’m saying the above because of my current mood. But I cannot see how we will push on and move up. 

There was a time when I’d have jumped on a post like this as needlessly negative. But I tend to agree now.

I find it difficult to imagine us attracting players that improve the team with the relative unknown Holden in charge. It won’t attract talent and it sends a terrible message about our ambition.

Did we just go through the motions since LJ left? and we were always going to pick a LJ clone, someone who will say yes sir no sir, and have little exp; the big name managers were never going to get a look in really.....not part of the SL bubble...........outsiders not admitted.

Just now, marcofisher said:

Who else would have rather kept LJ?

100%. You would at least have had the benefit of continuity, uninterrupted preparations for next season, and a manager with a half-decent reputation in the wider world of football capable of attracting good players.

Plus we would have avoided this humiliation.

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Takes a long time for reality to get to Australia.  

I think he’s been upside down for too long.

17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

There was a time when I’d have jumped on a post like this as needlessly negative. But I tend to agree now.

I find it difficult to imagine us attracting players that improve the team with the relative unknown Holden in charge. It won’t attract talent and it sends a terrible message about our ambition.

Feel so deflated now. 

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We will sign ( as someone else says, ok’ish players) players on big money who will come here and go through the motions. If we employed an established experienced manager then those same players would sign and give their all, thats  how it works, most players only look for the best contract and the best money. 

Nothing against DH, but CH or the like would attract good players to the club because they would feel we have a good chance of promotion or winning something. 

BCFC is a soft touch, easy money. 

5 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Who else would have rather kept LJ?

Honestly no, and I was probably more favourable towards him than most on here. He'd come to the end of his time here.

LJ in charge would have been more of the same. With Holden there's at least a chance that it could be different, more entertaining. Could go horribly wrong obviously, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

We will sign ( as someone else says, ok’ish players) players on big money who will come here and go through the motions. If we employed an established experienced manager then those same players would sign and give their all, thats  how it works, most players only look for the best contract and the best money. 

Nothing against DH, but CH or the like would attract good players to the club because they would feel we have a good chance of promotion or winning something. 

BCFC is a soft touch, easy money. 

Couldn’t have said better myself.

We are what I called. A cosy club. 

Archived