IGNORED

How about.....

Bar BS3

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

The shock to fans will be that mid table will be acceptable next season. 

How does that align with the justification for sacking Johnson then? It’s inconsistent. The club are on record citing failure to achieve top 6 as the reason for getting rid.

If mid table is acceptable, why not keep LJ?

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

The shock to fans will be that mid table will be acceptable next season. 

"When it comes to the crunch, he hasn't got us over the line and we felt it was time to make the move, to make a change for someone who can help us make that next step.

Didn’t sound like mid table was SL aim with that quote. Those are his words after LJ was sacked so idk why that would have changed in 3-4 weeks

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

How does that align with the justification for sacking Johnson then? It’s inconsistent. The club are on record citing failure to achieve top 6 as the reason for getting rid.

I still think top 6 will be the aim.

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Because LJ given tools to achieve top 6 in their view.  Tools going to change

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

No. He’s part of the previous regime. Out with the old in with the new. 

Interesting.... so if you were in a job, and the boss had to go due to poor performance, you would be happy and completely understand why you got the sack also?

Or would you think, well I'm applying for that cos I could do better?

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

"When it comes to the crunch, he hasn't got us over the line and we felt it was time to make the move, to make a change for someone who can help us make that next step.

Didn’t sound like mid table was SL aim with that quote. Those are his words after LJ was sacked so idk why that would have changed in 3-4 weeks

Guess we will wait and see.  If we don’t sign many and finish 12th then I don’t see Holden being sacked. 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I still think top 6 will be the aim.

It should be if they’re consistent 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Because LJ given tools to achieve top 6 in their view.  Tools going to change

Makes the board look totally inconsistent and duplicitous in their messaging. Very hard to maintain supporter trust. The statement Lansdown made to talksport gave no indication that expectations would change. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It should be if they’re consistent 

Makes the board look totally inconsistent and duplicitous in their messaging. Very hard to maintain supporter trust. The statement Lansdown made to talksport gave no indication that expectations would change. 

Will certainly be interesting to see what happens. I am maybe making assumptions but I do not think that they will be expected to make the play offs if we sell Fam and Elliason and then do not spend much money this window.  Obviously if the latter doesn’t happen and we do indeed spend again then play offs will still be the aim. 

So whats going to change this next season????? NOTHING round and around we go, with failure to advance last seasons finishing position put down to the "Covid" whilst ignoring the fact that all other clubs also have had the covid effect.

The new year will bring this announcement; "Holden needs more time to go again and push on to the top six" this will have the effect of selling a few ST`s and then repeat for the next few seasons.

Suggest the renaming of this club to; The Bristol Sport Club,(Football Division)

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Exactly this

If we lose Fam and Elliason then the basis of the squad is this before we make a few signings to improve it. Doesn’t seem too bad as long as the 2-3 we bring in improve us. Personally I would prefer those to be in the RWB and 2 strikers areas

Bentley
   Moore Kalas. Baker
Vyner     Walsh.      Dasilva
         Nagy.   Massengo
          Weimann. Wells
Subs
O’Leary, Hunt, Palmer, Rowe, Szmodics, Morrell, Semenyo, Watkins.

I have no answers but I think opposition teams would slice through that midfield like a knife through butter.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

How about, rather than all these expert predictions of impending struggle, collapse and imminent relegation... We just give it a chance and judge the coming months on what actually happens. 

We've taken a massive gamble, (which I don't agree with) but let's at least give Deano a chance to do well, rather than making it impossible by dooming him to fail, before he's even started..! 

Surely that's all we can do as supporters unless you have a cunning plan to get yourself appointed on the board

6 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Will depend on fans in the ground. I can see it getting toxic within a few months . Fans have had a gutsful of those in charge 

It’s toxic now mate.

A few of the fans on here that support this fiasco are literally the only ones I know that do.

Everyone else is seething at this appointment.

6 minutes ago, One Team said:

It’s toxic now mate.

A few of the fans on here that support this fiasco are literally the only ones I know that do.

Got to remember this forum only counts for the minority of supporters. If this place was anything to go by the protests against Johnson a couple of years back would have seen the ground empty and thousands demanding season ticket refunds. 

People aren’t happy, but no way will the atmosphere be ‘toxic’ when we return to the ground

6 minutes ago, One Team said:

It’s toxic now mate.

Though interestingly 29 likes/thanks for the original post in this thread out of a total of 34 responses.  Maybe there are a lot of City fans who are not that bothered, but are not shouting about it.

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Got to remember this forum only counts for the minority of supporters. If this place was anything to go by the protests against Johnson a couple of years back would have seen the ground empty and thousands demanding season ticket refunds. 

People aren’t happy, but no way will the atmosphere be ‘toxic’ when we return to the ground

I agree it’s a very small minority of the fan base on here.

I think it will be toxic if we are towards the bottom of the table at the time.

And I don’t think the bad feeling is aimed at DH personally by the way.

8 minutes ago, One Team said:

It’s toxic now mate.

Agreed.

I go to football with a level-headed and broadly supportive bunch and I don’t know anyone who isn’t bewildered, annoyed or downright seething with the appointment, the communication and how it’s all been handled. These are reasonable, measured people who have all come to the shuddering realisation as to what sort of people we have running the club these days.

I think it will take a long time for BCFC to claw back all of the goodwill they’ve lost throughout this whole debacle. 

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Though interestingly 29 likes/thanks for the original post in this thread out of a total of 34 responses.  Maybe there are a lot of City fans who are not that bothered, but are not shouting about it.

Possibly yes, just in my experience with the people I know they are fuming about it. Will they do anything about it? Probably not.

1 minute ago, Jacki said:

Agreed.

I go to football with a level-headed and broadly supportive bunch and I don’t know anyone who isn’t bewildered, annoyed or downright seething with the appointment, the communication and how it’s all been handled. These are reasonable, measured people who have all come to the shuddering realisation as to what sort of people we have running the club these days.

I think it will take a long time for BCFC to claw back all of the goodwill they’ve lost throughout this whole debacle. 

Well said mate, mirrors my personal experiences of late.

I wasn’t happy with LJ’s appointment at the time but shrugged in the end and got on with it.

I don’t recall ever feeling anything remotely like this before about a managerial appointment. 

7 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

No I'm sorry this appointment needs to be treated with the contempt it deserves.

That's my point though. We don't know what it deserves yet. 

If he turns out to replicate the likes of Eddie Howe, then it's a brilliant appointment. 

That's not me prediction that he will. I doubt that. But until its proven to be a good, or bad, appointment - it can't be branded as either. Disappointing as it it, is not necessarily "bad" 

3 minutes ago, One Team said:

I agree it’s a very small minority of the fan base on here.

I think it will be toxic if we are towards the bottom of the table at the time.

And I don’t think the bad feeling is aimed at DH personally by the way.

I think a lot of fans will be upset and annoyed by the news. We’ve never been a bunch to be ‘toxic’ when things are going wrong though. There will be anger directed at SL and MA, but really can’t see that being anything more than fans on social media venting their frustration 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I think a lot of fans will be upset and annoyed by the news. We’ve never been a bunch to be ‘toxic’ when things are going wrong though. There will be anger directed at SL and MA, but really can’t see that being anything more than fans on social media venting their frustration 

Maybe before your time but I have a clear memory of 30 or so fans positioning themselves at the back of the middle of the enclosure one match and spending the whole 90 minutes turned round and shouting and angrily gesticulating up at the directors box.

Not by chance imo. the new directors box was situated up in the Gods, surrounded by children and well away from passionate fans. 

If Famara and Niclas leaves then I think we gonna have problem. Smith is gone and I think he is far better player than COD. Usually Im optimistic but this  season think we have to fight to avoid relegation. Our best goalscorer, our best assist player and then a good mf Smith gone. Holden, new guy instead of Macca. Things dont look so brite. Really hope Im wrong. COYR!!!

1 minute ago, Garland-sweden said:

If Famara and Niclas leaves then I think we gonna have problem. Smith is gone and I think he is far better player than COD. Usually Im optimistic but this  season think we have to fight to avoid relegation. Our best goalscorer, our best assist player and then a good mf Smith gone. Holden, new guy instead of Macca. Things dont look so brite. Really hope Im wrong. COYR!!!

Too early to know.  Got to see how the squad shapes up over coming weeks.

It's not the fact that the fans are mad at Holden. It's the fact for 5 weeks we've heard nothing from the club, that we've been linked with people who have excelled in the championship or lower leagues and we've appointed a manager with a record of 5 wins 7 draws and 8 losses. 

The objective shouldn't change for next season we should still be aiming for the top 6 and I don't think we'll get many better chances of doing and to many fans (including myself) this doesn't show the ambition. That's where the frustration comes from which already puts Holden on the back foot with the fans. 

25 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Well if that’s the case, they’ll get what they deserve ...... a club with very questionable ambition.

Archived