IGNORED

6pm press announcement

BCFC1512

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

Well, Dave Whelan got Wigan a bleeding long way further up the football pyramid than SL has managed with us, though it’s clearly gone mammarries up in recent times.

Wigan won the FA cup as well and got to another semi on a separate occasion. Give me the journey they’ve been on any day of the week in comparison to our history in the same period. 

Just now, Monkeh said:

I hope dean does a good job mind, he is a top bloke,

Its just the lies that has bothered me

He is a good bloke. Tinnion had hero status and he stuffed up and it nearly broke him. I'm glad Lee didn't seem to get to that stage as he clearly cared. Holden starts off as the manager no one wants, he isn't a hero to us but a decent bloke. Fans will take it out on him because of the actions of the Board if all this pans out as what we are being fed.

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Wigan won the FA cup as well and got to another semi on a separate occasion. Give me the journey they’ve been on any day of the week in comparison to our history in the same period. 

Too true.  

They were really unfashionable on a par with teams like Rochdale when he took over.  Given that Wigan is such a rugby town, he did an incredible job to really put them on the map and seemed to have a really clear plan for them.  SL has flattered to deceive in comparison.

As you said, what a great ride they had under him.

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I hope dean does a good job mind, he is a top bloke,

Its just the lies that has bothered me

Absolutely agree. Proper proud, no nonsense northerner. You wont get any Johnsonisms type nonsense.

I like him and hope he does a great job.

1 minute ago, Phillythe kid said:

Managed to get a sneak preview photo of the board and media team sitting down for tonight's press conference.......

117592923_1758233077650683_4508866109648909563_n.jpg

ran out of likes but..........nail on the head with that pic

I blame Harry Dolman. He should never have sacked Fred Ford who would have kept us safely in 2nd division obscurity. Instead he made us wait for over a month and then appointed some bloke called Dicks with no managerial experience, based on the recommendation of a rival chairman without any thought given to the supporters who'd never even heard of Dicks let alone wanted him. Instead of going out and spending money on an experienced manager he went for the cheap option. BLOODY DISGRACE. 

5 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Too true.  

They were really unfashionable on a par with teams like Rochdale when he took over.  Given that Wigan is such a rugby town, he did an incredible job to really put them on the map and seemed to have a really clear plan for them.  SL has flattered to deceive in comparison.

When who took over? Whelan I assume you mean.

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

Too true.  

My father in laws best friend supports Wigan and I went to the semi vs Arsenal where they lost on pens for a day out. Lovely people / good game and day out but I was absolutely flabbergasted how many spare seats there were (the fact I could get a ticket at all said a lot!) and couldn’t help but wonder how we couldn’t reach those levels ourselves given our extra resources and far larger fan base. Criminal where we are under SLs ownership given the investments made really. 

Just now, lenred said:

My father in laws best friend supports Wigan and I went to the semi vs Arsenal where they lost on pens for a day out. Lovely people / good game and day out but I was absolutely flabbergasted how many spare seats there were (the fact I could get a ticket at all said a lot!) and couldn’t help but wonder how we couldn’t reach those levels ourselves given our extra resources and far larger fan base. Criminal where we are under SLs ownership given the investments made really. 

That’s what makes it so frustrating how we keep managing to balls everything up.

Archived