IGNORED

6pm press announcement

BCFC1512

Just now, Banjo Red said:

Guys let's be honest everyone is pissed off but we got who we expected. Let's just get behind the team now and see what happens to the squad COYR.

I think fans will get behind the team and Deano, he speaks very well. It’s the men at the top that’s pissed everyone off. “A breath of fresh air” was promised. Liars. I hope DH and the coaching staff deliver but I’m doubtful.

6 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

What a f king idiot Aston is

Following a thorough selection process, Holden has been selected to lead the Robins and will take formal charge of the team when they report for pre-season training on Tuesday (August 11th).

The 40-year-old took over in a caretaker capacity for the final five games of the 2019/20 season and City Chief Executive Mark Ashton said: “We are delighted to announce Dean as Bristol City’s head coach. We undertook a rigorous recruitment process and, while that rightly took time because of how important it was, we believe we have made the correct decisions about the head coach and the coaching structure.”

Holden will be assisted by Keith Downing and Paul Simpson, who have more than 40 years coaching experience between them at all levels of the game.

jmp_bcfc_new_coaching_staff_rt0119.jpg?width=1280

Downing (right) joins from the Football Association where he led England Under-19s to victory in the 2017 European Championship, while Simpson (left) steered England to victory in the Under 20s World Cup the same year.  

Ashton added: “Dean has a clear vision of how he wants to take us forward and we believe that, along with the addition of Keith and Paul, we will have a coaching team that can deliver that vision. Everyone involved with the club should be excited about this next chapter for Bristol City.”

The appointment continues a four-year association with City for Holden, who said: “I am honoured to take on the role of head coach - it’s a very proud moment for me and my family. I’m excited about this opportunity and I’m delighted that the Board have selected me.

“I want to say we will go into every game wanting to win with attacking and exciting football. That’s what fans want. I know what it’s like to be a supporter. I love that our supporters care and are so passionate. I know what that’s like - it’s important to them and rightly so. I spent all my money as a kid following my team around the country home and away.

“What you see is what you get with me. I’ll be honest with the players, staff and the fans and I’ll graft as hard as I can to bring success to this football club.”

Well I have been involved with this club for forty years......and I could not be less excited. I don't know how Ashton can keep a straight face, somebody please pass him a red nose to put on?  Roll on January, when the whole process will start again, but hopefully Ashton will have been sacked by then?

3 minutes ago, One Team said:

Absolutely incredible.

I was hoping the inevitable wasn’t true but no, MA/SL are clearly deluded.

The most important appointment in living memory and we get the previous guys assistant.

Literally no other club in our division would appoint him as there manager.

This is Millen and Tinnion all over again. 

And Osman

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

I wonder what our vision is?

In their blue sky thinking, City are in fact ahead of the curve by working under a sustainable business model that incorporates all squad teams and coaches under one umbrella with a clear pathway for all to progress to the next level........ or in other words go straight to Division1 

Well good luck to the bloke, we are where we are.  Got to be hard for him seeing and hearing this vitriol. Empty stadiums may work in his favour right now.

Only people answeringQ uestions should be MA JL SL instead again hiding behind the new manager

Just now, maxjak said:

Well I have been involved with this club for forty years......and I could not be less excited. I don't know how Ashton can keep a straight face, somebody please pass him a red nose to put on?  Roll on January, when the whole process will start again, but hopefully Ashton will have been sacked by then?

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZE

5 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

I hope we're all laughing about this in a few years time, after some successful seasons. I'm getting behind the team and the staff and getting excited for the new season.

You can choose to be positive or you can choose to be negative. 

I choose negative. There is nothing positive in this at all.

3 minutes ago, TRL said:

Well good luck to the bloke, we are where we are.  Got to be hard for him seeing and hearing this vitriol. Empty stadiums may work in his favour right now.

Only people answeringQ uestions should be MA JL SL instead again hiding behind the new manager

Exactly this. They have alot to answer for. 

So Ashton continues in the equivalent Mark Tainton (CEO) / Pat Lam (DoR) role with the 3 coaches reporting to him.

It was all about Ashton retaining control, which no other candidate would accept, certainly not Hughton.

What a disastrous appointment for Bristol City.  

3 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Very odd interview with Holden so far I think, sounds very nervous to me.

Decent questions from Geoff

I disagree, I think he's doing well in ridiculously tough conditions for him. His passion shining through. Really want him to do well and I think he'll surprise so many of us. 

Archived