IGNORED

6pm press announcement

BCFC1512

Just now, RedM said:

So did they really interview everyone and Holden came out the best. Bloody hell he must be good. Fancy that, a solution right under our nose for four years. 

I suspect that their definition of "best" differs somewhat from many on here. It would be nice to hear the criteria they used. That's the rub of it.

Just now, Northern Red said:

I prefer his interviews to LJ, I'll give him that. No bullshit, no soundbites.

I thought it was all bullshit personally.  Just throwing out "we're gonna go out all attack minded" nonsense and "I'm as passionate as anyone" cliches.

So Holden is the Head Coach. Pre-season is imminent. What sort of players are we going to be lining up? I can’t imagine players and agents are going to be excited about playing for Dean Holden at Bristol City. 

“Dean tell us about your experience?” 

“I don’t have any”

”Thanks for your time Dean, but I’ll be taking my client elsewhere” 

repeated 368 times. 

1 hour ago, SuperDziek said:

This will be where Gregor can really earn his money by asking some difficult questions and making them squirm.

If he’s been invited, that is. And not been given a pre-agreed question he’s allowed to ask by the dictatorship, sorry, board of directors.

He won't have the cojones......he will mantain the staus quo (No Down Down jokes pleeze?) and ask nothing remotely controversial. He values his job too much methinks? ?

From google

poisoned chalice

noun
BRITISH

1. an assignment, award, or honour which is likely to prove a disadvantage or source of problems to the recipient.
    "many thought Dean Holden had been handed a poisoned chalice"

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Steve Lansdowns 3 wise.... Sorry.... Pet monkeys. Aka the 3 stooges

Never mind promotion boys just find 2 decent youngsters that I can sell for over £10million a season and I'll be happy. 

**** the supporters dreams, I'm a businessman. 

To the Premier league and beyond!! (looks forward to the revenue from 2 local derbies with the Sags next year when we're down by Easter). 

Any questions? 

It's a laughable appointment. Impossible to conclude that of all the coaches in the world that City could have appointed Dean Holden is the best. He'll get a fair run from the local press because they have to keep in with the club. You can hear the spin on Radio Bristol tonight.

Dean wants a good relationship with the supporters. That won't be happening any time soon, he'll be locked away. Fair chance that he'll be gone by the time crowds return. 

How thoroughly underwhelming, and a completely opposite appointment to the one we were all promised when LJ was let go.

This appointment makes no one happy other than the board. This isn’t an appointment for the fans, or for the club.

Whats glaringly obvious and worrying to me is that I think this appointment does a couple of things; it cements Mark Ashton’s position without question, and also the jobs for Downing and Simpson show a shift in the clubs ambitions. I now don’t believe that Premier League football is the aim. I believe that the success of these two coaches with the England set-up shows we will be focussing on developing young players and then selling them on. This is an appointment completely about consolidation of the football clubs structure and purely driven to increase the chances of financial profit, but not through promotion.

What a shame. And just remember we were all completely misled. All future comms should be disregarded. 

1 minute ago, Roe said:

I thought it was all bullshit personally.  Just throwing out "we're gonna go out all attack minded" nonsense and "I'm as passionate as anyone" cliches.

What did you expect him to say? 

I thought he came across well in all honesty, seems like a genuine person who wants the best for the club. 

Damned if he does, Damned if he doesn't it seems with some 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

What did you expect him to say? 

I thought he came across well in all honesty, seems like a genuine person who wants the best for the club. 

Damned if he does, Damned if he doesn't it seems with some 

We’ve just got rid of one of them because he was lacking the quality to get us to the next level, which is allegedly what the ownership want. 

Just now, RedEyez said:

Right, it’s done now. Let’s get behind him and the team then.

Not my choice but Dean seems like a good man and deserves our backing.

We all want the same thing.

All apart from the one man that matters it seems. 

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Im in disbelief, i have never in my life supporting City seen a reaction like this to a managerial appointment. Lansdown what have you done you stupid old fool.

It grates even more when you consider the set up he has formed at the ******* Bears !!

Just now, bris red said:

Im in disbelief, i have never in my life supporting City seen a reaction like this to a managerial appointment. Lansdown what have you done you stupid old fool.

Lansdown has done exactly what he wants as always. That's the way he likes it. They know the spin is all bullshit but when you genuinely don't care what fans...sorry customers think, it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things! 

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Thought he handled Geoff’s interview well, to be fair. 

Holden showed during the 5 games that he's comfortable doing the media bit. 

He was clever today to mention straight-talking and attacking football because those were gripes with Johnson.

Archived