IGNORED

6pm press announcement

BCFC1512

I haven’t heard it, but really, what could he possibly say that would get us on side so to speak?

I’m sure he knows he’s going to have to do his talking with performances on the pitch.

Good luck Dean. Prove everyone wrong (including me)!

Not over the moon about this but I think he could actually be OK. In the few games he had he kept the same formation and team on the whole. He won't give cringy interviews like LJ and throw players under the bus, and hopefully give some of the youth a chance like Walsh, Morral, Moore and those 2 assistants should have good contacts to maybe get a couple of exciting youngsters on loan. 

21 minutes ago, RedM said:

This is a dream right, we are going to wake up any moment now. I have never felt so underwhelmed by a management appointment. Laughingstock of the Championship. I’m embarrassed for the club.

To think of the pride we had in this club during that Carabao cup run and look where we are now.

A total embarassment

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

On Radio Bristol...John in Kingswood... what a star man... fantastic heartfelt comments. Come on here John, take a bow man. Brilliant remarks. Agree 100%.

I thought the exact same thing. He nailed every point of frustration

31 minutes ago, Sturny said:

“Dean has a clear vision of how he wants to take us forward and we believe that, along with the addition of Keith and Paul, we will have a coaching team that can deliver that vision. Everyone involved with the club should be excited about this next chapter for Bristol City.”

Well, we’re going to take some  convincing .

Ultra dissapointed when I first heard Holden to be apppointed. Got to give the new team a chance though. The coaches have worked with the cream of the premier league young players so if we can start knocking it about like the top prem teams it might not be too bad. I feel we need to recruit well though. Midfield very lightweight.

1 minute ago, paul_fox said:

Not over the moon about this but I think he could actually be OK. In the few games he had he kept the same formation and team on the whole. He won't give cringy interviews like LJ and throw players under the bus, and hopefully give some of the youth a chance like Walsh, Morral, Moore and those 2 assistants should have good contacts to maybe get a couple of exciting youngsters on loan. 

C'mon...you know we are looking at mid-table at best.  if the football is entertaining i might just be able to accept that.  But top 6 ?  Forget it

Just now, paul_fox said:

assistants should have good contacts to maybe get a couple of exciting youngsters on loan. 

So a team touted for a promotion push has lowered itself to this standard for the forth coming season. We really are scraping the barrel here. Oh well roll on next season!!

What a crock of sh1t

Always supported Lansdown and what he has done for the club, but this is one of the worst appointments I can think of in my 30+ years as a season ticket holder. 

We have improved massively over the last couple of years and the level of players we have has increased, but LJ could not manage or demand the respect from players who have played for bigger clubs and more renowned managers, so when its starts going wrong they loose the belief and confidence in what they are being asked to do. So what do we do, appoint the assistant coach who was part of the old regime that failed, did nothing in the last few games to suggest he could see the problem and worst as the assistant would have been close to the players, its then very difficult to go from being their mates to being their manager.

This appointment may get some prem managers to loan us their young talent, but we do sweet FA for us to attract the calibre of players we need.

When we heard the rumours it would perhaps made sense with an experienced DOF, but that has not been announced.

Would rather had Cotteral back or Gary Owers

I wish him luck and don't blame him for taking the job, but this is a kick in the teeth to city fans

6 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

On Radio Bristol...John in Kingswood... what a star man... fantastic heartfelt comments. Come on here John, take a bow man. Brilliant remarks. Agree 100%.

It was a great call. John was proper fuuuuming!!! 

How can we believe anything that comes out of Steve Lansdowns mouth now? Absolute shambles! I love City with a passion having been a supporter for 43 years but this has left me with no option, i feel, but to call it a day at this present time. Fed up with being kicked in the gonads!

I am a proud Bristolian and will support the Bears, as i also love my rugby, so Bristol Sport will still be getting some of my hard earned. Proper club with a proper head coach.

Good Luck to Holden. He's gonna need it. really disappointed we didn't get the manager we needed. This will probably be my last season if we're allowed back. I've had enough. Fed up with being treated like a cash customer where everything is overpriced. No communication between the fans and the club anymore like it used to be. Fed up with the over hyped security and the way the singing section is treated by the club. I always thought I was a die hard supporter but the last few years that has gone. If he get's us to the premier league good luck to them. I've lost my love of football.

Thank you very much Mr MA, JL and SL. ?

1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

What was said? I cannot get to listen to RB this eve unfortunately 

Basically everything people are frustrated about. Didn't see the need for comparison with the rugby club though, and did think calling karanka a 'World class manager' was a bit off. 

Showed a lot of passion though 

So why exactly did we sack LJ only to bring in his assistant who is tainted by the same regime. Surely the board should have waited until the end of the season and had a clear the air discussion with all 3 coaches to see what / who the problem was. I can only assume Holden has been stabbing LJ in the back for the past few months and whingeing to the board that the results / style of play had nothing to do with him. Absolutely stinks of 'not my fault' but if you give me the chance I will do better.

Now this shit show has been sorted whether viewed good or bad.

Let's get down to brass tacks.

Which player's are going to be sold and what are we looking at if any to come in?

Personally would like Hunt, William's, and Watkins moved on.

Looks highly likely that Fam and Nicholas will be sold to raise money for investment into squad as refusing to sign new deals.

1 minute ago, cityironman said:

How can we believe anything that comes out of Steve Lansdowns mouth now? Absolute shambles! I love City with a passion having been a supporter for 43 years but this has left me with no option, i feel, but to call it a day at this present time. Fed up with being kicked in the gonads!

I am a proud Bristolian and will support the Bears, as i also love my rugby, so Bristol Sport will still be getting some of my hard earned. Proper club with a proper head coach.

Oh sorry forgot to say, and with proper backing.

I’ve not heard any of the interviews but I’ve deduced it’s all about money. The cheap option and the Devil we know. No doubt others were interviewed and stated their fee, we decided not to pay. I understand the Covid factor, no money coming in for the foreseeable future, so this is all down to money.

So very different from Bristol Bears

Archived