IGNORED

6pm press announcement

BCFC1512

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

C'mon...you know we are looking at mid-table at best.  if the football is entertaining i might just be able to accept that.  But top 6 ?  Forget it

Yeah I was going to say mid table would be a good result with this appointment. FFP / covid has obviously had a say on why we went this way. No idea what when fans can go into stadiums, transfer fees won't be as high as they have been. I can see a few clubs struggling financially this season. Mid table and stay afloat financially might turn out to be a good season compared to others. 

3 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

What was said? I cannot get to listen to RB this eve unfortunately 

In a nutshell he spoke for all of us. He spoke how we all feel; frustrated as hell, angrier than we have all been for years. We all feel like we have been shafted. He was almost in tears at the end. We can all relate to that.

Just now, havanatopia said:

In a nutshell he spoke for all of us. He spoke how we all feel; frustrated as hell, angrier than we have all been for years. We all feel like we have been shafted. He was almost in tears at the end. We can all relate to that.

Spot on. I am at my other half’s this evening explaining to her that our chairman told us we needed “a breath of fresh air” and someone to take us to the next level. Only to then go on and explain we have appointed the assistant to the man who wasn’t good enough. 

She was as dumbstruck as the rest of us ???

20 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I suspect that their definition of "best" differs somewhat from many on here. It would be nice to hear the criteria they used. That's the rub of it.

Thing is, interviews are supposed to be competency-based. I can say I am the Messiah, but it should come down to ‘what have you actually DONE’. They may have liked his critique on where LJ went wrong, but the obvious question there would  be ‘why didn’t you say something at the time?’  

I have no doubt DH is a good guy and that he will work his socks off, but he cannot answer the question, what have you DONE in your career to date to deserve this job?

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Can you post the RB interview on here?

31 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

In their blue sky thinking, City are in fact ahead of the curve by working under a sustainable business model that incorporates all squad teams and coaches under one umbrella with a clear pathway for all to progress to the next level........ or in other words go straight to Division1 

I love Division 3.

5k to MK!

21 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Right, it’s done now. Let’s get behind him and the team then.

Not my choice but Dean seems like a good man and deserves our backing.

We all want the same thing.

Yep! Dean and his cronies to go!.........Just kiddin, i wish him well, he was hardly gonna turm down a job, which even if (When) he fails, he will leave with a big pay off.  I am sure he will do his very best, and give his all, I hope he succeeds, but i canot see it working.  Those who pay no regard to History, are damned to repeat their errors again and again?  Yep Lansdown, this advice is meant for you ?

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Well, we’re going to take some  convincing .

He said we should be excited. It was an order. Repeat after me: I must obey Mark Ashton, I must obey Mark Ashton, ... .

Which, coincidentally, was word for word what candidates were required to say in their interviews.

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

Thing is, interviews are supposed to be competency-based. I can say I am the Messiah, but it should come down to ‘what have you actually DONE’. They may have liked his critique on where LJ went wrong, but the obvious question there would  be ‘why didn’t you say something at the time?’  

I have no doubt DH is a good guy and that he will work his socks off, but he cannot answer the question, what have you DONE in your career to date to deserve this job?

But hasn't that been the case with every head coach or manager down the ages? Everyone has to start somewhere. At some point in time Guardiola, Capello, Ferguson, Klopp etc had sod all on their CV. 

Archived