IGNORED

6pm press announcement

BCFC1512

I'm just glad that the season will have to be played behind closed doors now and we will be getting the grand and a half back that we spent on our season tickets.

A great lesson in how to completely piss off your fan base.  No problem though if we can only have 30% attendances when crowds are allowed back as it sounds like most of us can't be bothered whether we go down or not.

If we now lose Diedhiou and Eliasson as well as losing Smith and don't have a manager that can attract decent talent, that will really be the icing on the cake.

Still, at least we will soon be having Bristol derbies again. This must be the club's idea of taking us to the next level.

I’m not even sure why I’m surprised anymore ... think I’m right in saying that over the last 100 years our club has appointed ONE manager with experience of managing at the highest level in this country ... and even that turned out to be an utter disaster ... why am I surprised at the shenanigans over the last month or so?!

11 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Ashton again repeating with zero room for confusion that the head coach has absolute sign off on every incoming player.

Every player that’s presented to them or every player they choose?

5 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Waiting for a change of leadership ☹ 

Oh well, thanks for popping by anyway.

41 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

How thoroughly underwhelming, and a completely opposite appointment to the one we were all promised when LJ was let go.

This appointment makes no one happy other than the board. This isn’t an appointment for the fans, or for the club.

Whats glaringly obvious and worrying to me is that I think this appointment does a couple of things; it cements Mark Ashton’s position without question, and also the jobs for Downing and Simpson show a shift in the clubs ambitions. I now don’t believe that Premier League football is the aim. I believe that the success of these two coaches with the England set-up shows we will be focussing on developing young players and then selling them on. This is an appointment completely about consolidation of the football clubs structure and purely driven to increase the chances of financial profit, but not through promotion.

What a shame. And just remember we were all completely misled. All future comms should be disregarded. 

I am out of likes mate but brilliantly summarised. Exactly how I feel and see things.

I am sure some will still lap up the Ashton bullshit but I think most of us now can see this pantomime for what it really is.

As much as I appreciate what SL has done for our club any respect has gone. 

1 minute ago, One Team said:

As much as I appreciate what SL has done for our club any respect has gone. 

The Pula Sport venture will not see the Lansdown family out of pocket come the end.

He’s far too shrewd. 

Jack Walker’s family could only look in with envy.

24 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Ashton again repeating with zero room for confusion that the head coach has absolute sign off on every incoming player.

I’m not sure anyone is going to fall for that line ever again now. Clearly absolute bullshit and the reason we end up with inexperienced managers time and time again. 

12 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Are you excluding the possibility he might be lying?

Of course not, but I was simply stating that the way he said it could leave basically no room for misinterpretation.

Whether he was telling the truth or not is of course another question!

My guess is he'd evade or subtly answer a slightly different question rather than outright lie, but I'm probably giving him too much credit.

I wish DH and the new coaches the best of British.

It is nothing short of village idiocy however taking 5 weeks and then appointing the no.2

SLs interview on Talksport is laughable now but sadly he has form for this so we should not be surprised.

IMHO something has gone very very wrong with the recruitment process and Bristol City look like a bunch of idiots. The top brass owe the fans an explanation of what happened but that will never happen.

Hopefully  though some snippets will come out.

I think SL and MA are lucky crowds will not be back for the season start as things could get toxic very quickly.

I think it is critical we get off to a good start or things could turn into a relegation scrap which will do no one any favours. 

Shambolic

6 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Of course not, but I was simply stating that the way he said it could leave basically no room for misinterpretation.

Whether he was telling the truth or not is of course another question!

My guess is he'd evade or subtly answer a slightly different question rather than outright lie, but I'm probably giving him too much credit.

"Sign off" seems like a careful choice of words. Not the same as decide or choose.

I suppose LJ "signed off" on the likes of Engval, Eisa, Adelakun and Palmer, all of whom he subsequently seemed not to have wanted.

Archived