IGNORED

6pm press announcement

BCFC1512

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

"Sign off" seems like a careful choice of words. Not the same as decide or choose.

I suppose LJ "signed off" on the likes of Engval, Eisa, Adelakun and Palmer, all of whom he subsequently seemed not to have wanted.

I'd have to relisten for his exact wording! I was probably paraphrasing.

Well that's it i am signing off, no likes no comments until after we have played 10 league matches. I will still sign in to see whats going on. But after 10 matches i always feel you can judge how the rest of the season is going to turn out. So very disappointed by today announcement and the past 5 weeks. Also the past two seasons  under LJ and the type of football we have plated, team / subs selection etc.

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

Ashton again repeating with zero room for confusion that the head coach has absolute sign off on every incoming player.

“So Dean, do you want this player we’ve sourced or not?”

”If I say no, can I have a different one?”

”Just answer the question...”

33 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Fair play to Gregor, that's a decent and ballsy article. Dissing Ashton will probably make his job harder but it's accurate of the supporters feelings IMHO.

Good entertaining piece by GMG there.

And a very interesting little snippet thrown in - "we heard that Hughton had interviewed badly."

Anecdotal but interesting all the same.

I don't think Ashton will be sending Gregor a christmas card this year though.

GMcG seems like a guy who realises he is never going to be flavour of the month at the club and so is going into full on “fan mode”. It will probably all end in tears at some point but any journalist that is prepared to ask the questions the fans want answered gets the thumbs up from me.

Fair play to Geoff Twentyman too. The club have a much bigger problem with him in that he is an ex-pro who knows how football works, cannot be fobbed off with bullshit bingo and is respected by the fans of all the local sporting clubs.

Archived