IGNORED

Complete u turn when all we needed was fine tuning

Major Isewater

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

A brave decision by the club to change direction completely when it appeared that just a little fine tuning was needed to get us over the line.

I am underwhelmed by the appointment of Dean Holden , Simpson and Downing but will watch with interest as the soap opera unfolds. 

If that's what it is, then surely it's precisely not a change of direction, but is very much a continuation of what was before - pathways within (including management/coaching) bring on young players and coach them to become valuable (saleable) assets.

Bringing in an outsider, a Hughton, a Cook, would have been the change of direction.

That's not a judgement on the rights and wrongs of it - just that if you were anticipating SL carrying on with existing direction then you'd have said either Holden or McAllister as manager.

6 minutes ago, Redland said:

Certainly brave when we were told the club needed a breath of fresh air and a manager capable of pushing us on to the next level. Instead we have someone with no managerial experience and who was part of the previous set up.

...which - as I started typing 2 minutes ago - above) is precisely why it's not a u-turn

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

A brave decision by the club to change direction completely when it appeared that just a little fine tuning was needed to get us over the line.

I am underwhelmed by the appointment of Dean Holden , Simpson and Downing but will watch with interest as the soap opera unfolds. 

I may have missed the sarcasm, but if we have a head coach with two assistants it sounds remarkably similar to what we had before - just different people as assistants.

Unless one of the assistants is going to be doing a different job :dunno:

I give up and will wait till the big, exciting, announcement in an hour or so.....can't wait.

Archived