IGNORED

NFL Season 20/21

EmissionImpossible

23 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I'm afraid that some of us can't escape so easily. I've basically doomed myself to a lifetime of sporting misery by supporting them, and I get enough of that from watching City!! :crying:

Due to friends of the family over there I am also doomed to be soft on the Browns. So I watch their results too. Double pain! The Browns are pretty much the Bristol City of the NFL. I am slightly more optimistic about them this year though. Not so the Jets. I'd swap Darnold for Mayfield in a heartbeat.

On 24/09/2020 at 13:07, OneCity said:

Due to friends of the family over there I am also doomed to be soft on the Browns. So I watch their results too. Double pain! The Browns are pretty much the Bristol City of the NFL. I am slightly more optimistic about them this year though. Not so the Jets. I'd swap Darnold for Mayfield in a heartbeat.

Hang on. The Browns won 1 game over two years. They are more the Bristol Rovers of the NFL!

23 hours ago, SuperDziek said:

Hang on. The Browns won 1 game over two years. They are more the Bristol Rovers of the NFL!

Nah, Rovers wouldn't even be in the NFL!

I compare City to the Browns due to their long-term drought, having never won a Superbowl. They haven't even won a divisional title for 30 years. They've been close to the SB several times, but if you watch those old games it's always a slice of crazy bad luck that robs them in the end (see vs Broncos '87 ). They are very much like us in that regard, the team that gets close, but not close enough.

21 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Strange to see real people in the bleachers. Not many, but real people making real noises. Sadly at AT&T it is mainly groans.

Yep, watched the Bengals on Game Pass yesterday and they had 6,000 in attendance. The camera cut to a few Jags fans there too, so I don’t know what the protocol was on away fans attending?? 

Anyway, good that those 6k saw Joe Burrow’s first NFL victory. Super Bowl LVI here we come!!!! 

On 15/10/2020 at 15:30, Welcome To The Jungle said:

My first year watching it. Picked the Browns because I like an underdog. One of the best this season it seems.

Ah, no. Big brother just taught you a lesson. A lesson you should have learned week 1. You'll get 0 respect until you guys beat one of the genuine contenders. There's 5 really good teams in the AFC this year, you might be 6th, maybe.

8 hours ago, Prinny said:

Ah, no. Big brother just taught you a lesson. A lesson you should have learned week 1. You'll get 0 respect until you guys beat one of the genuine contenders. There's 5 really good teams in the AFC this year, you might be 6th, maybe.

Still learning to be fair. They seemed utterly devoid of ideas in offence. Brilliantly shut down by Pittsburgh though who, despite my limited knowledge, seemed to play very very well.

33 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Still learning to be fair. They seemed utterly devoid of ideas in offence. Brilliantly shut down by Pittsburgh though who, despite my limited knowledge, seemed to play very very well.

Ah My bad, took first year watching it meant first time you picked a team and you were watching all your games not following it closely! Apologies!

Yeah basically you're in a division where you have two super well run, well coached, teams with powerful lines and unless you can stand up to them you're never getting anywhere, as a Dolphins supporter, each year we have to face the Ravens or Steelers  we get handed a lesson in physicality. So start learning to hate them. 

The Steelers act like the big brother of the Browns, laughing at your attempts to surpass them.

And Baltimore stole your team. Can't hate an organisation more than that.

22 hours ago, TMWANG50 said:

What happened to our regular Packers post this week....?

Green Bay Packers got stuffed. Star QB Aaron Rodgers threw two interceptions which led to 14 points against GB...................:facepalm:

Too steep a hill to climb unfortunately.

Is the Patriots' a blip too? Or are we witnessing the demise of the dynasty? Shocking how limp they are looking tonight as the Niners run them out of Foxboro.

And how does Todd Gurley manage to lose the game by scoring a late TD? Insane end to a game.

The coaches are not getting the best out of the players and causing friction, it seems. There are reports of Rumblings coming from AT&T. But then, with Jerry Jones in charge when has there not been? In an NFC East with little to cheer about it is especially depressing to be in such a poor shape.

10 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

The coaches are not getting the best out of the players and causing friction, it seems. There are reports of Rumblings coming from AT&T. But then, with Jerry Jones in charge when has there not been? In an NFC East with little to cheer about it is especially depressing to be in such a poor shape.

I think it's the perfect storm of injuries (obv QBs but especially O-line), poor coaching from an outdated coach and entitled whining players who are too used to being listened to by uncle Jerry.

Their defence has no excuse, not many missing there, and they SUCK!

Good win for the 'Fins, but the story isn't quite as rosy for the QB, it seems. Still, a W is a W.

Liked the Steelers/Ravens bruise fest - proper hitting. But was Bears WR Javon Wims thinking he would get some sort of advantage? A career in the cage might be an option.

On 15/10/2020 at 15:30, Welcome To The Jungle said:

My first year watching it. Picked the Browns because I like an underdog. One of the best this season it seems.

On 20/10/2020 at 07:04, Prinny said:

Ah My bad, took first year watching it meant first time you picked a team and you were watching all your games not following it closely! Apologies!

Yeah basically you're in a division where you have two super well run, well coached, teams with powerful lines and unless you can stand up to them you're never getting anywhere, as a Dolphins supporter, each year we have to face the Ravens or Steelers  we get handed a lesson in physicality. So start learning to hate them. 

The Steelers act like the big brother of the Browns, laughing at your attempts to surpass them.

And Baltimore stole your team. Can't hate an organisation more than that.

Good summary of the AFC North there fella. 
I’m a Bengals boy, and even when we hit the playoffs 5 years running in Daltons early career, we still had our asses handed us every time we played the Steelers. 
The Steelers and the Ravens just seem to churn out elite defences year on year on year. 

Still, now we’ve got the ? Joe Burrow on board, we’re now incredibly competitive again. I actually think AFC North is now the best division in the league. PIT & BAL always strong, Cleveland now looking much better after years of gloom, and Burrow bringing it. Tough tough division. 

11 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Some big surprises there! Steelers and Chiefs made hard work of it. Bucks were smashed. 

Got an inkling for a Jets win against new England 

Miracles do happen I suppose :dunno:

I'm debating whether to stay up until the silly hours in the vain hope of a Gang Green victory...

image.png

Archived