IGNORED

NFL Season 20/21

EmissionImpossible

4 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I have no idea, I’m not a fan of this added bit on to the names & it’s still a struggle to not call them the Redskins. And considering every sports team, college & university names their teams after something, I’m guessing there aren’t that many unique names left to go with, not that are politically correct & non offensive anyway.

I’ve not even seen any names banded about to get an idea but I’m wondering if it could see a change in team colours as well, to suit whatever new name will be associated with them as the maroon & gold will always be synonymous with the Redskins. So a completely new start for the team?

Cue the 'Washington Monuments Football Team' playing all in grey 

11 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Broncos with no QBs ?

I missed any coverage on this story. 
Why was Steelers v Ravens allowed to be postponed when Lamar tested positive (and other games this season too), but the Broncos had to carry on and play without any QB? 

On 30/11/2020 at 09:23, Harry said:

I missed any coverage on this story. 
Why was Steelers v Ravens allowed to be postponed when Lamar tested positive (and other games this season too), but the Broncos had to carry on and play without any QB? 

Broncos got caught by allowing all 4 QB's to be in a meeting room with no masks on. School boy. I'm a Saints fan, but took no great joy in the result on Sunday

Not sure on the Ravens, they do seem to be well liked by the suits though....

Wow. Just finished watching a crazy Bengals v Dolphins game. 
Bengals lost, of course, but there were 5 ejections, a mass brawl, the Miami coach coming onto the pitch with the whole team to start a row, and then scuffles after the match too. 
The most interesting thing thats happened in a Bengals game for 4 seasons ?

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

Wow. Just finished watching a crazy Bengals v Dolphins game. 
Bengals lost, of course, but there were 5 ejections, a mass brawl, the Miami coach coming onto the pitch with the whole team to start a row, and then scuffles after the match too. 
The most interesting thing thats happened in a Bengals game for 4 seasons ?

That was an awful game to watch from a Dolphins perspective. Our flaws are there to see on offence.

On the brawl. Violence is wrong but... I like our coach and team defending their team mates. Looks like you got yourself a new Vontaze Burfict there with Michael Thomas cheap shotting Jakeem Grant not once but TWICE!. That's not ok. Also Devante Parker... Big fines incoming!

From a game perspective, I can see why Joe Burrow got killed and why he was doing well, you have good wide receivers (Tee Higgens is NICE!), but your O-Line.. yeesh. If you don't go get Penei Sewell at pick 3 I'd be shocked. That your coach and front office put him out there behind that, they deserve him getting injured and they should be fired for it. He of course doesn't deserve that and I hope he recovers fully.

Despite having one or two or three what are you doing moments a game, Tua's doing ok. We have obvious weaknesses on Oline, Dline, LB, and WR and have the draft capital and cap space, and tax free Florida to deal with them for potentially a much more serious push next year. Definitely feeling we're ahead of schedule. a chance for playoffs this season is fun, but we're not serious contenders yet. Xavien Howard for DPOTY.

Jet's last play, Cover zero blitz when all you need to do is prevent a TD... please be more blatant with the tanking. I seriously don't know if they'll fire Gase or not.

7 hours ago, Prinny said:

That was an awful game to watch from a Dolphins perspective. Our flaws are there to see on offence.

On the brawl. Violence is wrong but... I like our coach and team defending their team mates. Looks like you got yourself a new Vontaze Burfict there with Michael Thomas cheap shotting Jakeem Grant not once but TWICE!. That's not ok. Also Devante Parker... Big fines incoming!

From a game perspective, I can see why Joe Burrow got killed and why he was doing well, you have good wide receivers (Tee Higgens is NICE!), but your O-Line.. yeesh. If you don't go get Penei Sewell at pick 3 I'd be shocked. That your coach and front office put him out there behind that, they deserve him getting injured and they should be fired for it. He of course doesn't deserve that and I hope he recovers fully.

Despite having one or two or three what are you doing moments a game, Tua's doing ok. We have obvious weaknesses on Oline, Dline, LB, and WR and have the draft capital and cap space, and tax free Florida to deal with them for potentially a much more serious push next year. Definitely feeling we're ahead of schedule. a chance for playoffs this season is fun, but we're not serious contenders yet. Xavien Howard for DPOTY.

Jet's last play, Cover zero blitz when all you need to do is prevent a TD... please be more blatant with the tanking. I seriously don't know if they'll fire Gase or not.

To be fair, I thought the first personal foul from Thomas was harsh. They called it for leading with the helmet, but he didn’t, he came in at waist height and tackled with his shoulder, and it was timed perfectly, just as your man caught it. 
The 2nd one was horrible though. But not in a ‘Burfict’ way, just timed poorly. You’ve got the best punt returner in the league, who doesn’t call for fair catches, so the gunner has to try to hit him as he’s catching it. First one was bang on time and perfect, 2nd one was a split second early and rightly called. 

The brawl that followed was terrible. The ejections were correct and yes, Parker will have a big fine coming. I swear I saw the No73 come in with a Kung-Fu kick as well, and then stomp on our coach on the floor!!! 

As for the first ejections on Boyd & Howard, I thought they were harsh, there was nothing in those really. Though disappointed that the penalty went against Boyd only when he wasn’t the initial aggressor, should’ve offset, meaning we went out of field goal range (for fat Randy). What should’ve been 10-3 at the half was then 7-6. 

You’ve nailed our season there mate. Burrow is superb - he’s worked miracles just to get us 2 wins! Our WR’s are a good corps. We were missing Auden Tate last night too, who’s brilliant in contested catches. Boyd, Higgins, Tate and of course AJ (who’s been very quiet) is a great set. 
But yes, that O-line is horrendous. Bengals fans were saying all season that it’s an accident waiting to happen having Burrow behind that line, and lo and behold, bang!! 
All our coaching staff deserve being sacked for allowing it to happen!!! 

As for you guys. Tua will be fine. I don’t think his hand was right yesterday and Fitz should probably have started. All rookie QB’s have a few of those WTF moments. He’s definitely got a calmness to him. He’ll do well. Considering you’ve also got 3 rookies on the o-line, that ain’t bad for the future. Hard to judge him last night though as we have absolutely zero pass-rush!! 
This year was always gonna be the first of the rebuild after all that trading. 2 first and 2 second rounders again in this draft though and your roster is gonna be ready. 

3 hours ago, Super said:

Redskins starting to look good! 

I gave up at HT at 14-0 down! Even the commentators were saying that while our D looks better (this was while it was 7-0), if we went 14-0 down our O doesn’t look good enough to recover! Imagine my surprise when I woke up & checked the score to find we’d done them.

I hope this coming off season we spend a bit of time looking to improve our O.

Filled with hope and positivity after a competitive effort vs the Chiefs. Feel like the Phins are one draft class away from being relevant now. With 5 picks in the first three round, we improve the oline and get some ELITE weapons and with Tua visibly getting better we're good.

7 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Fantastic stuff! The game still has capacity to amaze, astonish and take the rollercoaster route, even in these high-tech and intensely analysed days.

It’s a great game. I first got into it when C4 showed highlights way back in the mid 80s. Guys like Brett Farve, Dan Marino, Randall Cunningham, Warren Moon, Walter Payton. Herchal  Gibbs Joe Montana......so many!

Its always been the Packers tho essentially because I liked the green and yellow outfit!

Archived