IGNORED

NFL Season 20/21

EmissionImpossible

Well, well! The Saints started without Tysom Hill - out injured - and Brees could not carry the team on his own it seems. Three bad turnovers and the Buccs are off to the Frozen Tundra next week. Pity if it is Brees's farewell game - he's been the best thing in the Big Easy for years. He'll be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Quite a weekend of playoffs, The Packers contiue to be the team to watch, will Mahomes pass concussion protocal next week, The Bills contiue to fly under the radar and why did the Browns not gamble on fourth down on the final drive!

I wasn't surprised to see the Saints flatter to deceive thought even the Bears matched them quite well last week. Tom Brady is in another Championship and they've already beaten the Packers this year.... some great games to look forward to next weekend...

Speaking of Mahome's face off, I wondered if he suffered from a forearm smash in the neck or perhaps the face-plant after it was the problem. If it is the former he should be up and going again without much delay. If it's the latter Chiefs' fans will be twitching all week. Not sure what the odds will be if he is on IR.

How many times this season are we going to see 1 on 1 coverage on the outside with no safety help and the corner lets the receiver run down the field with ~5 seconds left in the half. This is pathetic.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Another Brady masterclass so far.

He's playing really well, but there's now way those two big throws on the last two drives should happen! Awful coverage!

52 minutes ago, Prinny said:

He's playing really well, but there's now way those two big throws on the last two drives should happen! Awful coverage!

Agree entirely! Some strange secondary strategies against some of the best QBs around.

Well, after coughing up the football at the start of the second half, the Pack are getting back into gear. I was wondering what sort of HTAs they were going to dial up and they appear to be working. Brady and the Buccs will have to sit on Green Bay for a while if they are going to advance. Great game so far!

Oh, and what was the idea behind those Packers' boards the crowd keeps bashing?

22 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Agree entirely! Some strange secondary strategies against some of the best QBs around.

Well, after coughing up the football at the start of the second half, the Pack are getting back into gear. I was wondering what sort of HTAs they were going to dial up and they appear to be working. Brady and the Buccs will have to sit on Green Bay for a while if they are going to advance. Great game so far!

Oh, and what was the idea behind those Packers' boards the crowd keeps bashing?

Webp.net-resizeimage-22-2.jpg

They just using them to make noise trying to affect the game.

Tom Brady trying to lose with 4 completions and 3 INTS in the second half!

Rolling again now , can kill it this drive!

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Wow you have to go for that on 4th down surely?

Yup, they turned down an opportunity, you don't get another.

The field goal makes no sense, if you trust the defence then trust them to get a stop and give you great field position. Call doesn't make sense at all. Horrible coaching IMO.

Just now, Prinny said:

The field goal makes no sense, if you trust the defence then trust them to get a stop and give you great field position. Call doesn't make sense at all. Horrible coaching IMO.

They still need a touchdown after that anyway! Moronic call to go for that FG.

Great game by both teams: a rollercoaster, spiced with some fabulous plays and some equally gripping decisions. I bet there will be a lot of cheeseheads scratching their yellow hats about some calls tonight. Maybe even bash their heads with their boards now.

But the Buccs have done the business, even if it was a bit frantic at times. Who would have believed that old goat Brady would leave the Pats, go to Tampa Bay and then have the fire to take them into a Superbowl? You could have made a lot of money twelve months ago.

46 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Absolutely. Shocking call from Le Fleur. 
That’s a 4 down situation. You could even run it a couple of downs but they didn’t. Awful coaching. 
If make the field goal, you still need to stop the bucs. If you turn it over, you still need to stop them but they’re camped inside their own 10. 
There’s been plenty of friction between Rogers and Le Fleur over the last couple of years, I’m certain Aaron won’t be happy about that! Be interesting to see the fall out from this. 

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Shocking call from Le Fleur.

The post-game interview with Rodgers was painful. An unusually sullen Packman was clear that it was not his call. Cheeseheads everywhere are hurting, but that's football.

A tough Bills D was made to look a little short of the mark, and Mahomes was giving them the runaround. Chiefs' D was making Allen swerve and show his relative inexperience. In the end it was quite comfortable for the reigning (and probable favourite) champions.

And now we only have the big game left. After a strange season my Sunday nights are going to be strangely empty now. It always grabs me how quickly the NFL reaches a climax.

1 hour ago, Erithacus said:

The post-game interview with Rodgers was painful. An unusually sullen Packman was clear that it was not his call. Cheeseheads everywhere are hurting, but that's football.

A tough Bills D was made to look a little short of the mark, and Mahomes was giving them the runaround. Chiefs' D was making Allen swerve and show his relative inexperience. In the end it was quite comfortable for the reigning (and probable favourite) champions.

And now we only have the big game left. After a strange season my Sunday nights are going to be strangely empty now. It always grabs me how quickly the NFL reaches a climax.

Will there be fans at the SB?

Archived