IGNORED

NFL Season 20/21

EmissionImpossible

14 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Well, my campaign for Anybody-But-Brady is going really well... ?

Ah well, if anybody can do it...

Love It Yes GIF by State Farm

Also, @Robbored seems to have gone missing! 

Packers were robbed. The Bucks second TD should not have stood because of holding but none of the officials saw it.........so no flag 

Robbed I tell ‘e

20 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

The Packers not getting a call from the refs that's the biggest joke of the playoff's ha ha ha ha ha ha 

No Pack No 

Matt Le Flower what a muppet going for a Field goal...

It’s Matt Le Fluer..............and had the Packers failed to score a TD on fourth down that would have been a wasted 3 points as well as turning the ball over.

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s Matt Le Fluer..............and had the Packers failed to score a TD on fourth down that would have been a wasted 3 points as well as turning the ball over.

No it isn't.

Think you need to go marching on to the Packers OS and find out what your head coach is called.

Wow. Significant trade alert!!

Matt Stafford to the Rams, in exchange for Jared Goff, this years 3rd rounder, and the next 2 years 1 rounders. 

Jeez. That’s some deal the Lions struck there. 
Rams have a very clear strategy - they’ve traded away 7 years of 1st round picks now!! That strategy can only last so long though, as they’re having to pay premium for free agents and not build through the draft. 

The first of many interesting QB moves this off-season. Watson likely to be traded. Rodgers obviously unhappy (tho doubt he’ll move), Brees retired so who fills the Saints hole? Eagles not in a happy QB space. Panthers too. Teams like the Steelers and Buccs needing to look to the future too. Very interesting QB times. 

I love the Stafford trade, don't have a QB, on a second contract, who can't get it done. More teams should go for it in a superbowl window. More teams should take on bad contracts and get more picks.

The QB merry go round is going to be a great off season story.

I think the Rams have the better deal as Stafford is probably the most under rated QB out there and he deserves his shot, bit of a gamble if he gets hit in week 1 tho! I'm delighted to see Goff in the same Dvision as the Bears he's a player we love to rub in the dirt and hasn't really reached is potential and looks on a downward curve. The Rams obviously have a win or bust strategy which is quite refreshing as a lot of these first round picks never amount to much.

23 hours ago, Harry said:

Rams have a very clear strategy - they’ve traded away 7 years of 1st round picks now!! That strategy can only last so long though, as they’re having to pay premium for free agents and not build through the draft.

Goff was on a huge deal, so we now have more cash to spend. That's the only justification possible, and I'm not 100% on board as it's not just the head guy who we have to cater to. We still need consistent investment in the OL as that has again been the root of most of our problems, accepting that they have been better than usual and Goff hasn't adjusted to the extra time he's had, nor learned to handle the pressure any better. Wolford getting crocked was the real killer of the postseason, he looked dynamite in his debut and one bad decision was the last of him this term.

OK people, the big night is about to unfold! It's the original Super Sunday™. What are your thoughts for the game, or what are you doing in this lockdown season to celebrate the occasion?

I'm not too sure about the result (shading the Chiefs as having too many weapons on O and a stingy D) but I can confirm the pizza is on the way. It's traditional for the Superbowl. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Erithacus said:

OK people, the big night is about to unfold! It's the original Super Sunday™. What are your thoughts for the game, or what are you doing in this lockdown season to celebrate the occasion?

I'm not too sure about the result (shading the Chiefs as having too many weapons on O and a stingy D) but I can confirm the pizza is on the way. It's traditional for the Superbowl. Enjoy!

A friend of mine in the US is good friends with Tom Brady (never met the guy myself), and I was chatting to the friend today. He has gone down to Tampa for the game, and was saying that Brady is confident. Whether Brady is talking BS remains to be seen.

If I am awake I'll watch it, but if I nod off, no worries. Having lived the other side of the Atlantic for many years I had forgotten what a god-awful time it is broadcast in the UK.

1 hour ago, Erithacus said:

Pizza on the way? Isnt that a bit early?!!

I think the Chiefs will have too much flair on offence. The only levelling factor is potentially the Chiefs O-line being down a couple of pieces. So can the Tampa rush get to Mahomes and put him off his rhythm. 
But it’s Chiefs by 10 for me. 

Will try to stay awake for the 1st half but will have to catch up with the 2nd half tomorrow lunch time - so will spend all morning avoiding all media so I don’t know the result. 

Uncharacteristically jittery first half performance by the Chiefs - and some pivotal penalties on Defense too! They need to get a grip on themselves (not holding their opponents) for the second half. Meanwhile messrs. Brady and Gronkowski are reelin' in the years.

Well Superbowl LXV turned out rather differently than was expected then. The Chiefs' banged up and creaky O line was never able to control the pass rush and only served to show how much Mahomes' bad toe was preventing him from his full elusiveness. Some indifferent receiving and the game was never there to win.

Elsewhere, ol' man Brady did exactly what was needed, nothing more. It was a master class of effectiveness. Do you recall the comments when he made his way from the Pats down to Florida? Or the rocky start to the season? Not now you don't as the legend now has just seven bespoke rings out of ten appearances. The GOAT just got goatier.

I'll give the MVP to Buccs' D Coach, Todd Bowles. His work was the most influencial part of the Superbowl as Tampa Bay win in their own back yard.

Caught up now, having watched up to the Fournette TD last night which made it 28-9. 
Hats off to the Buccs defence. They really put the pressure on Mahomes. Clearly the Chiefs o-line adjustments they had to make affected them badly. I did wonder in my  pre-game post if that might be the case and it was. 
Oh how I’d love the Bengals to have a pass rusher like Barrett and a linebacker like White. Outstanding players. 

Have to say, I thought some of the calls in the 1st half that went for the Buccs were marginal. A couple of the defensive holding and PI calls on the DB’s were a bit harsh. Certainly given that in the Green Bay game last week they allowed much more contact. 

Mahomes will be back on this stage again. For sure. Brady - unbelievable. 

Archived