IGNORED

FAO Press - List of questions for tonight

redordead1

I thought it may be useful to create a list of genuine questions we’d like the press to ask on our behalf tonight.

I’ll start us off with a few;

• Why was the standout candidate Chris Hughton, who has a highly successful track record of gaining promotion from this division, not appointed after he expressed interest in the job and was interviewed? 

• Why has the process taken 5 weeks and is this evidence that Dean Holden was not the board’s primary choice and a number of other candidates have turned down the job?

• Is the accepted model of Mark Ashton and the board being responsible for recruitment the reason it’s been so difficult to hire a proven manager at this level?

• What are the standout characteristics that Dean Holden, who by his own admission has no experience at this level, has that meant you hired him above other more experienced candidates such as Chris Hughton, Paul Cook etc..?

• Why when Steve Lansdown said on his TS interview that the club “is looking for a breadth of fresh air” to “take us to the next level” has the club spent 5 weeks recruiting to only hire the assistant of the previous manager? How does this appointment match those objectives?

Feel free to add any more. I hope that someone from the press has the bottle to ask the questions we deserve to hear answered and the club doesn’t try to shut them down like a Trump press conference. 

5 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

People won’t ask any hard questions and I doubt there will be any protestors at the stadium later, it’s all just talk on here 

just a reminder Chris Hughton wanted the job and now we’re appointing a manager with hardly any experience, embarrassing 

Think you're underestimating quite how toxic the situation will be once Holden's announced. Club's overall conduct the last 2 months has been pretty shocking, especially in regards to communication and social media.

They are good questions that the press have a duty to ask. They may well claim not to have seen them although we all know they have and if the journalist is any good they would already have these on their list. I don’t care if it ruins relationships with the club, they need to do their job. 

Unfortunately the club will give standard politician answers 

10 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

They are good questions that the press have a duty to ask. They may well claim not to have seen them although we all know they have and if the journalist is any good they would already have these on their list. I don’t care if it ruins relationships with the club, they need to do their job. 

Agree, but we need to keep asking.

Sadly the only person who I’ve got any confidence in to hold them to account is Geoff Twentyman. 

If we get no answers tonight, we need to find other avenues. Let’s not just roll over and let them to this time and time again. Let’s show the passion and ambition they lack. 

17 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

just a reminder Chris Hughton wanted the job and now we’re appointing a manager with hardly any experience, embarrassing 

Have you proof he wanted the job - when he was given the terms and conditions?

I’ve gone for plenty of interesting jobs, with salary to be negotiated, assuming the rewards would be as I’d like to think it would be for the job only to be offered something below my expectations, so I told them thanks but no thanks. 

As per other threads, it’s a changed world we’re now living in so unfortunately not just CH will have to get used to the idea of what’s now on offer but so will plenty of us plebs. 

3 minutes ago, daored said:

@redordead1the question I would ask is what is the difference between the rugby club and the football club? Why are the rugby allowed to appoint a top quality coach who I believe comes with a hefty salary. What is the difference when both clubs are under the Bristol Sport umbrella 

Lam is on around £18k a week. Mega for rugby. Pretty cheap when compared to Bielsa on £45k a week. 

39 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

I thought it may be useful to create a list of genuine questions we’d like the press to ask on our behalf tonight.

I’ll start us off with a few;

• Why was the standout candidate Chris Hughton, who has a highly successful track record of gaining promotion from this division, not appointed after he expressed interest in the job and was interviewed? 

Great applicants, testament to the club. Right fit. Next?
• Why has the process taken 5 weeks and is this evidence that Dean Holden was not the board’s primary choice and a number of other candidates have turned down the job?

Due diligence, every stone, getting it right. Next?

• Is the accepted model of Mark Ashton and the board being responsible for recruitment the reason it’s been so difficult to hire a proven manager at this level?

Recruitment is just one of many aspects discussed. Any more?

• What are the standout characteristics that Dean Holden, who by his own admission has no experience at this level, has that meant you hired him above other more experienced candidates such as Chris Hughton, Paul Cook etc..?

Knows the club inside out, perfect DNA, really impressed us, vision 

• Why when Steve Lansdown said on his TS interview that the club “is looking for a breadth of fresh air” to “take us to the next level” has the club spent 5 weeks recruiting to only hire the assistant of the previous manager? How does this appointment match those objectives?

Look, Steve has done so much for this football club. Supported us all the way. Priorities change. Got the best man in the end.

Feel free to add any more. I hope that someone from the press has the bottle to ask the questions we deserve to hear answered and the club doesn’t try to shut them down like a Trump press conference. 

My expected answer are above (not humorous, particularly)

37 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Unfortunately the journalists are unlikely to ask such important and controversial questions, as they are afraid to stir things up, and lose future access to the club's representatives.  Certainly local journo's won't have the balls to do so.  But possibly someone from one  of the Nationals might have the cojones to do so.   But i fear it will be an asinine charade, with standard questions, and standard answers?  Yawn!

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Unfortunately the journalists are unlikely to ask such important and controversial questions, as they are afraid to stir things up, and lose future access to the club's representatives.  Certainly local journo's won't have the balls to do so.  But possibly someone from one  of the Nationals might have the cojones to do so.   But i fear it will be an asinine charade, with standard questions, and standard answers?  Yawn!

I've got faith that Gregor will ask a couple of tricky ones. He normally does. But they will be met with a forward defensive and a very straight bat.

Archived