IGNORED

Time to sell up and move on Mr Lansdown

formerly known as ivan

It’s now apparent that despite the talk of recent years, investment in the stadium and on players fees/wages, Mr Lansdown has given up on the promise of the premier league.

Yes he has been great for the club over the years. As above, he has invested greatly. I’ve always had greatly belief in what he was trying to achieve.

That’s all now out the window. As being as close as we are to a decent team breaking into the top 6, all that felt like it was missing  was that quality manager with the know how to get us there.

Today’s soon to be confirmed announcement all but confirms this is now nothing more than hope rather than expectation.

He interests and loyalty lay elsewhere. Many of us had seen for years Johnson wasn’t going to deliver what was required yet he continued to stick by him. Worse than that is who he has chosen to replace him with.

Thanks for the memories but time to hand over the reigns to some willing to do what is needed to get us over that line.

Controversial, but I'd rather this club was fan owned. I don't give a **** about playing in the PL, but I do care about not having my dreams ****** around with by billionaires, and I do have a problem with lining the pockets of the ultra rich.

You do question whether, much like LJ's reign, whether it's all become a bit stale.

Alternatively, as Bristol Sport own the Stadium, if the club as an entity was sold seperately, the latter could be held to ransom in terms of lease/rental agreements.

Any supposed investor would have to take over the whole sha-bang.

Oh dear ...what a bunch .Ashton Gate will be better off without all you losers ..The guy has built great facilities and the basis of a good team and this is what we hear from you lot.

Cloud cuckooland ....or just maybe you would want Chinese for Far East betting consortia to take over ....we would probably be out of business in 12 months.

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Controversial, but I'd rather this club was fan owned. I don't give a **** about playing in the PL, but I do care about not having my dreams ****** around with by billionaires, and I do have a problem with lining the pockets of the ultra rich.

I agree, its not so much about how much money we have, or where we are in the league. It would be nice to go back to the days when we appointed MANAGERS, that were allowed to manage the ******* football club. Something I dont ever see happening again under Lansdown. 

2 minutes ago, vicky10 said:

Oh dear ...what a bunch .Ashton Gate will be better off without all you losers ..The guy has built great facilities and the basis of a good team and this is what we hear from you lot.

Cloud cuckooland ....or just maybe you would want Chinese for Far East betting consortia to take over ....we would probably be out of business in 12 months.

Welcome to the site Mrs Lansdown 

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Would you put in £15000 minimum with the prospect of loosing that and having to cough up more every season ...all talk no sense

Just now, vicky10 said:

For what it's worth, as one of the younger members of this forum, I've followed Bristol City for 15 years. Frankly, I'm not bothered what facilities his wealth has built, it doesn't mean he's above criticism. Now I don't think that just removing him is a good idea, but one day I'd like to see fan ownership at Bristol City. 

I'm sorry you feel the need to be so condescending and rude while talking to your fellow supporters. 

2 minutes ago, Fuber said:

You do question whether, much like LJ's reign, whether it's all become a bit stale.

Alternatively, as Bristol Sport own the Stadium, if the club as an entity was sold seperately, the latter could be held to ransom in terms of lease/rental agreements.

This has been done for a reason, we didnt sell our souls it was taken from us by Steve to build an empire/legacy and one that will be difficult to break up again. As you say anyone else would have to take the whole dream and he wont sell and has his lad waiting to continue "the build"

3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

This is one of my fears and something I despise about SL. People go on about how he’s gifted us our amazing stadium. In reality Bristol City owned a half decent stadium....now Bristol City own no stadium and SL/Bristol Sport have an amazing stadium. How has he just stolen Ashton Gate so easily? Maybe it’s not as straight forward as that but I do worry if he ever has enough and sells the club, where will we play? Wouldn’t any buyer have to buy the entirety of Bristol Sport or at least Ashton Gate, but what if SL only wants to sell the club? Wouldn’t we be in a bit of trouble like Coventry?

He does need to at least step back, his ego gets the better of him, he does not learn from his mistakes and is currently a hindrance to our progression.

A shame as I hoped he would have learned like he has with the rugby it's better to appoint people who understand the sport and let them get on and run the business, he cannot resist but interfere.

Remember decade ago we finished around mid table in the Championship, we promoted Millen and an England man in Wigley. We were relegated that season. SL talks about ambition but as has been shown this is all talk.

8 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

It’s now apparent that despite the talk of recent years, investment in the stadium and on players fees/wages, Mr Lansdown has given up on the promise of the premier league.

Yes he has been great for the club over the years. As above, he has invested greatly. I’ve always had greatly belief in what he was trying to achieve.

That’s all now out the window. As being as close as we are to a decent team breaking into the top 6, all that felt like it was missing  was that quality manager with the know how to get us there.

Today’s soon to be confirmed announcement all but confirms this is now nothing more than hope rather than expectation.

He interests and loyalty lay elsewhere. Many of us had seen for years Johnson wasn’t going to deliver what was required yet he continued to stick by him. Worse than that is who he has chosen to replace him with.

Thanks for the memories but time to hand over the reigns to some willing to do what is needed to get us over that line.

So he's upgraded our stadium considerably, invested a 100 million plus, is building us the best training facilities as we speak and the last 5 years we've broken our transfer fees incoming and outgoing by a large margin near on year after year.. all out of his own pocket. Unfortunately our ticket money doesn't cover a piss in the ocean in respect to his investment and he doesn't care at all?

You can rightly argue his bad decisions but his intentions, that's just bullshit.

You want us to go into the merry-go-round of dodgy chairman or asset sellers? Do you notice how many clubs get destroyed and are sent into administration each year?

Grass ain't always greener so be careful what you wish for.

4 minutes ago, vicky10 said:

um no......the 3 promoted clubs in this div all have foreign owners it would be interesting for one to come in, but the empire would take some knocking down/breaking up.

27 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

He can shove that shiny stadium that we don’t own anymore where the sun don’t shine... 

TBH it isn't so much his ownership, which I think, on balance, has been beneficial to City.

It's his intervening in the running of the club. He should fly back to Guernsey and take Jon with him. Both can enjoy the billionaire lifestyle and follow their football club from afar. Like fans do.

A board who know the game and are willing to stand up to Ashton's bullshit should be appointed to run the club.  If they know the game, they could and should quickly dismantle the unwieldy "too many cooks" management structure we have here.

Of course, SL will still need to be consulted. But a board with a bit of nous - not just SL's placemen - needs to run a club.

We literally will never get anywhere with the current set up. 

I can see us before too long having the nicest stadium in L1 and wondering how the f- we ended up there again. 

Archived