IGNORED

Time to sell up and move on Mr Lansdown

formerly known as ivan

10 minutes ago, frenchred said:

More chance without him than with him!

Funded by who?

Sadly there is no queue of wealthy benefactors lining up to take on a loss making regional football club that has never player in the prem, if they are I wouldn't trust them as they'll likely to quickly load us up with debt to buy us & then asset strip if we don't make it up.

I don't agree with the way the club is being run at the moment but in the current commercial environment its pure fantasy to think there someone else prepared to fund us. More chance of winning the lottery.

The reality is if this appointment plays out how we anticipate - quite a few fans will no doubt lose interest.

15 minutes ago, vicky10 said:

Would you put in £15000 minimum with the prospect of loosing that and having to cough up more every season ...all talk no sense

I would if I had it. Thing is look at what he now owns. Freeholds as far as the eye can see.......

As I said elsewhere BS3 is simply a cash cow for Lansdown. And his hands and his hands alone are on the udders.

When one has mastitis he tugs in another. Football sadly isn’t his main focus. Making more money is all he cares about.

Not uncommon I know but I for one hate it, hate what it stands for and hate what he and his ilk have done not just to our club but football in general.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

TBH it isn't so much his ownership, which I think, on balance, has been beneficial to City.

It's his intervening in the running of the club. He should fly back to Guernsey and take Jon with him. Both can enjoy the billionaire lifestyle and follow their football club from afar. Like fans do.

A board who know the game and are willing to stand up to Ashton's bullshit should be appointed to run the club.  If they know the game, they could and should quickly dismantle the unwieldy "too many cooks" management structure we have here.

Of course, SL will still need to be consulted. But a board with a bit of nous - not just SL's placemen - needs to run a club.

We literally will never get anywhere with the current set up. 

I can see us before too long having the nicest stadium in L1 and wondering how the f- we ended up there again. 

This 100%.

16 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Well you just continue to be one of Lansdown's sheep then.

So you can lap all the bull**** that comes out of his mouth.

Carry on thinking he's the messiah, which he most certainly is not, and carry on accepting mediocrity and false statement and lies.

Supporters like you are why this club never does bloody anything, ever. Boring boring boring.

No ambition, too cosy and i'm ****ing sick of it.

Seeing same sized and smaller clubs passing us by for the last how many years while we stagnate year after year after year.

Even if we were to appoint a top coach Lansdown would likely poke his nose in again and mess evrything up.

Enough is enough.

It's supporters like you that piss me off with your arrogant mindset of 'we are a big club because Bristol is big' nothing is earned by who's got the biggest population. You've been consumed by your own ego that we deserve Premiership football.

You'll then pick apart any decision that the manager or the board take if it doesn't comply with your own huge football knowledge. Every fan has a right to criticize the people running the club and rightly so fans have but you can't predict the future and just because you were all middle aged fan boys of Chris Hughton and he hasn't arrived you want to start a revolution. Do you not remember a few years back when we were struggling in League One? We've come on leaps and bounds but you won't recognise that because you can't see past your inflated head.

I'm sorry but for me these sorts of Lansdown out comments are nothing short of ridiculous.

Yes this appointment is underwhelming and the club have got the communication all wrong over the past 5 weeks but when you see what's just happened to Wigan, what may happen to Charlton over the next few weeks and let's not forget Bury last year you realise just how lucky we are to have a local stable, wealthy owner who has invested ridiculous amounts into the infrastructure of the club, all while underwriting millions of pounds of losses year in year out.

I for one continue to be extremely thankful we have the Lansdowns in charge, especially going into the post-COVID climate that is going to hit all clubs in ways I don't think any of us have fully appreciated yet. So many clubs are or will be struggling financially for their very survival and I think we are very fortunate not to be one of them clubs.

Say Lansdown does sell up, who in their right mind would want to buy a club in this current market? It's a sure fire way to lose tens of millions of pounds a year. I genuinely think we are deluded if we think a 'better owner is just waiting around the corner and should be much more thankful for what Steve does for us. I'm sure we'll miss him when he's gone!

17 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

So he's upgraded our stadium considerably, invested a 100 million plus, is building us the best training facilities as we speak and the last 5 years we've broken our transfer fees incoming and outgoing by a large margin near on year after year.. all out of his own pocket. Unfortunately our ticket money doesn't cover a piss in the ocean in respect to his investment and he doesn't care at all?

You can rightly argue his bad decisions but his intentions, that's just bullshit.

You want us to go into the merry-go-round of dodgy chairman or asset sellers? Do you notice how many clubs get destroyed and are sent into administration each year?

Grass ain't always greener so be careful what you wish for.

I wouldn’t have ever questioned his intentions 6 weeks ago. How you can do anything but question them now is beyond me

Just now, formerly known as ivan said:

I wouldn’t have ever questioned his intentions 6 weeks ago. How you can do anything but question them now is beyond me

Embarrassing so Steve won't give us Chris Hughton so don't worry about all the things you did Steve jog on you don't care...

Can you not see how ridiculous that sounds?

2 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Funded by who?

Sadly there is no queue of wealthy benefactors lining up to take on a loss making regional football club that has never player in the prem, if they are I wouldn't trust them as they'll likely to quickly load us up with debt to buy us & then asset strip if we don't make it up.

I don't agree with the way the club is being run at the moment but in the current commercial environment its pure fantasy to think there someone else prepared to fund us. More chance of winning the lottery.

The reality is if this appointment plays out how we anticipate - quite a few fans will no doubt lose interest.

No idea if there is a queue or not.

All this scaremongering about owners all being asset strippers particularly foreign ones makes me laugh. Plenty of disasters and plenty of success stories. The reviled Mr Tan over the bridge has been very good for Cardiff in his time there compared to our own "Sir Steve" in the same period and he hasn't named a stand after himself either so far as i'm aware .

Fact is, Lansdown will never sell and if he did it would be bad for City because the true situation of the club would be spelled out to his acolytes - tenants at a ground it used to own and therefore no asset value, thanks to the owner. He may well go down that route because he gets his ego stroked at a much cheaper cost by Bristol Rugby - you know the club whose colours and name he changed.

41 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

It’s now apparent that despite the talk of recent years, investment in the stadium and on players fees/wages, Mr Lansdown has given up on the promise of the premier league.

Yes he has been great for the club over the years. As above, he has invested greatly. I’ve always had greatly belief in what he was trying to achieve.

That’s all now out the window. As being as close as we are to a decent team breaking into the top 6, all that felt like it was missing  was that quality manager with the know how to get us there.

Today’s soon to be confirmed announcement all but confirms this is now nothing more than hope rather than expectation.

He interests and loyalty lay elsewhere. Many of us had seen for years Johnson wasn’t going to deliver what was required yet he continued to stick by him. Worse than that is who he has chosen to replace him with.

Thanks for the memories but time to hand over the reigns to some willing to do what is needed to get us over that line.

Be careful what you wish for, most of the lemmings on here wanted LJ's head.

Anyway, anyone in mind? Have you got a few bob?

GET A GRIP!!!!

3 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Embarrassing so Steve won't give us Chris Hughton so don't worry about all the things you did Steve jog on you don't care...

Can you not see how ridiculous that sounds?

You’re right about one thing. I don’t really care anymore.

All his own hard work undone by his own stupid decision. He has set us up, no time to stand aside and let someone finish the job.

The last 6 weeks have been a joke and it’s ended with this farce. 

7 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

It's supporters like you that piss me off with your arrogant mindset of 'we are a big club because Bristol is big' nothing is earned by who's got the biggest population. You've been consumed by your own ego that we deserve Premiership football.

He didn’t say we were a ‘big’ club, he said he was fed up of seeing same size or smaller clubs pass us by year on year.

I think it’s a good point.

11 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

I would if I had it. Thing is look at what he now owns. Freeholds as far as the eye can see.......

As I said elsewhere BS3 is simply a cash cow for Lansdown. And his hands and his hands alone are on the udders.

When one has mastitis he tugs in another. Football sadly isn’t his main focus. Making more money is all he cares about.

You surely don't think SL is making money out of the club, or ever will for that matter?

10 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

No idea if there is a queue or not.

All this scaremongering about owners all being asset strippers particularly foreign ones makes me laugh. Plenty of disasters and plenty of success stories. The reviled Mr Tan over the bridge has been very good for Cardiff in his time there compared to our own "Sir Steve" in the same period and he hasn't named a stand after himself either so far as i'm aware .

Fact is, Lansdown will never sell and if he did it would be bad for City because the true situation of the club would be spelled out to his acolytes - tenants at a ground it used to own and therefore no asset value, thanks to the owner. He may well go down that route because he gets his ego stroked at a much cheaper cost by Bristol Rugby - you know the club whose colours and name he changed.

It's a mixed bag isn't it. Some foreign owners good, some bad. British owners get lauded but some terrible ones too.

He could sell up and charge an exorbitant rent. Does he or one of his companies own the training ground as well? Another revenue stream if so. Other club properties?

8 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

You’re right about one thing. I don’t really care anymore.

All his own hard work undone by his own stupid decision. He has set us up, no time to stand aside and let someone finish the job.

The last 6 weeks have been a joke and it’s ended with this farce. 

Same. I've lost interest in this season already :laugh:. 

1 minute ago, Bullbag said:

What are talking about? Arrogant?

Where have I said we are a big club, big city population blah blah blah? Show me where I have said it?

Where have I said we deserve premier league football?

I said i'm sick of seeing clubs like Bournemouth, Wigan, Huddersfield, Brighton, Reading Swansea, Cardiff, Fulham all in recent years bypass us,

Are they all much bigger clubs? Some may be but not massively.

They all show real ambition and not just bull**** talk, they were all (at the time) run a heck of a lot better than we have been run for the last few years.

Throw money at players he has done which of course is a good thing, but if you don't go out and get a manger good enough to manage them then it's pretty pointless, isn't going to get you anywhere.

If you want to be a sheep too then fine, crack on with it.

Bigger club you were implying, you've just implied it again. Why are we? We've had one spell in the top flight pre Premiership and a JPT.

You then include Wigan in your list of clubs that have achieved. Are you serious? Did you see how it how that brief spell in the top flight has worked out for them?

You're just sour you didn't get Chris Hughton now your proverbial toys are out the pram.

49 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Controversial, but I'd rather this club was fan owned. I don't give a **** about playing in the PL, but I do care about not having my dreams ****** around with by billionaires, and I do have a problem with lining the pockets of the ultra rich.

This this this. Football isn't about winning per ce, but it's the memories, the ups, the downs, the long drives home in sullen silence or the joyous march back up North street with your mates.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's a mixed bag isn't it. Some foreign owners  good, some bad. British owners get lauded but some terrible ones too.

He could sell up and charge an exorbitant rent. Does he or one of his companies own the training ground as well? Another revenue stream if so. Other club properties?

Yep absolutely.

He or his son will get back every penny of his investment due to real estate transactions that will be smoocthed through the planning processes due to the Bristol City connection.

He could have gone balls out on a legal challenge at Ashton Vale but a nice little earner to be had there and of course the site assembly around AG will reap huge dividends

I'm not totally against him but equally I don't buy that hes a big fan, and some kind of benefactor when he patently is nothing of the sort.

50 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Controversial, but I'd rather this club was fan owned. I don't give a **** about playing in the PL, but I do care about not having my dreams ****** around with by billionaires, and I do have a problem with lining the pockets of the ultra rich.

Show me the evidence where fam owned clubs in the championship are successful?

29 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

TBH it isn't so much his ownership, which I think, on balance, has been beneficial to City.

It's his intervening in the running of the club. He should fly back to Guernsey and take Jon with him. Both can enjoy the billionaire lifestyle and follow their football club from afar. Like fans do.

A board who know the game and are willing to stand up to Ashton's bullshit should be appointed to run the club.  If they know the game, they could and should quickly dismantle the unwieldy "too many cooks" management structure we have here.

Of course, SL will still need to be consulted. But a board with a bit of nous - not just SL's placemen - needs to run a club.

We literally will never get anywhere with the current set up. 

I can see us before too long having the nicest stadium in L1 and wondering how the f- we ended up there again. 

Be it 2 years or 5 years this feels like the start of a downward spiral. Inevitably the date people will look back on when we fail will be August 10. 

Some of the stuff being posted is priceless. OTIB seems to have been invaded by Trump clones and followers as they are incapable of accepting criticism or an opposing view. Where are the proposals for who takes over from Lansdown if he walks away? Given that just about no one on here has any confidence in the EFL system which appraises fit and proper persons to run football clubs, that seems more of a gamble than appointing DH as Head Coach. We should apparently also have a board that knows football, a lot of those about are there? The board doesn't need to know about football, that's what head coaches and managers are for. 

Archived