IGNORED

Time to sell up and move on Mr Lansdown

formerly known as ivan

4 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Just in case there is any doubt remaining, have a read of the article on the attached

(N B. By their nature accounts are a year out if date)....

And if you read the first letter from from each para it spells....

Lee Johnson’s favourite Disney film is the little mermaid.

On 10/08/2020 at 17:52, Bullbag said:

Well you just continue to be one of Lansdown's sheep then.

So you can lap all the bull**** that comes out of his mouth.

Carry on thinking he's the messiah, which he most certainly is not, and carry on accepting mediocrity and false statement and lies.

Supporters like you are why this club never does bloody anything, ever. Boring boring boring.

No ambition, too cosy and i'm ****ing sick of it.

Seeing same sized and smaller clubs passing us by for the last how many years while we stagnate year after year after year.

Even if we were to appoint a top coach Lansdown would likely poke his nose in again and mesevrything up.

Enough is enough.

Same here mate  had enough after 60 years 

5 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Let me tell you your bloody problem........ no damned staying power!!  Try harder!

Ive been hugely frustrated, but I'm amazed at the number of people prepared to hoi the toys from the pram because they cant spend someone else's money as they would wish. Bristol City FC is in safe hands,,,,which in our history is unique

3 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Ive been hugely frustrated, but I'm amazed at the number of people prepared to hoi the toys from the pram because I cant spend someone else's money as they would wish. Bristol City FC is in safe hands,,,,which in our history is unique

You are absolutely right. I can understand someone like @RobintheRed Red because 60 years is a long time - but there have been so many times in our history that have been a lot worse than now, so it seems a bloody strange time to throw in the towel. The Covid19 thing is a bastard for older fans though. The risk of kicking the bucket is more real for us old guys, but I just cannot wait to get vaccinated and get back to match days at Ashton Gate, Feed the Goat, the atmosphere and debating with my fellow old codgers and singing in support of the team. I can't see how you could ever get enough of that. Then when we score..........

13 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

You are absolutely right. I can understand someone like @RobintheRed Red because 60 years is a long time - but there have been so many times in our history that have been a lot worse than now, so it seems a bloody strange time to throw in the towel. The Covid19 thing is a bastard for older fans though. The risk of kicking the bucket is more real for us old guys, but I just cannot wait to get vaccinated and get back to match days at Ashton Gate, Feed the Goat, the atmosphere and debating with my fellow old codgers and singing in support of the team. I can't see how you could ever get enough of that. Then when we score..........

:laugh: good luck with that come to the conclusion they are taking us for c......ts

4 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

:laugh: the last two years plus this shit appointment has broken me.

During the last several decades we have not often been in the position of being a comfortable upper mid-table Championship team with an outside chance of promotion, like we are now. I have watched us in all the various divisions of the EFL and feel comfortably optimistic right now.  Even if it takes another two or three years to really look like a top rank promotion team that can compete with the parachute clubs. Our next crop of bright young players are coming into the team, backed up by great coaches. I would hate to miss a minute of their progress.  As for the appointment of Dean Holden, I am happy to believe that the board really do believe that he is the best chap to take us forward - and they are the only ones who have been in the interviews and know what they are trying to achieve - and how they hope to achieve their targets. I can only see grounds for optimism. As Margaret Thatcher once said, "Rejoice, just rejoice".

9 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

:laugh: good luck with that come to the conclusion they are taking us for c......ts

I doubt if they take us individually for anything at all. They have a focus on taking the club forward by developing young players and trading in the market. This is the only viable way that they can hope to achieve promotion against the twin challenges of parachute payments and FFP.  I would hate to see you miss the continuing progress of our club, but if you feel compelled to retire your support, then why do you continue to post negative stuff that can only be designed to pull the club down. I truly want to see it thrive and prosper even if I am constrained by Covid for the time being. Think how you will feel if you miss the resurgence.

9 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

During the last several decades we have not often been in the position of being a comfortable upper mid-table Championship team with an outside chance of promotion, like we are now. I have watched us in all the various divisions of the EFL and feel comfortably optimistic right now.  Even if it takes another two or three years to really look like a top rank promotion team that can compete with the parachute clubs. Our next crop of bright young players are coming into the team, backed up by great coaches. I would hate to miss a minute of their progress.  As for the appointment of Dean Holden, I am happy to believe that the board really do believe that he is the best chap to take us forward - and they are the only ones who have been in the interviews and know what they are trying to achieve - and how they hope to achieve their targets. I can only see grounds for optimism. As Margaret Thatcher once said, "Rejoice, just rejoice".

Yes fair comment good talent coming through to be sold on time and time again going nowhere will miss the day out with my mates in the boozer done all this crap before appointing within millen Tinnion etc look where thats got us if lansdown aint iterested in pushing on then neither am i hope it happens for you mate i really do 

25 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Yes fair comment good talent coming through to be sold on time and time again going nowhere will miss the day out with my mates in the boozer done all this crap before appointing within millen Tinnion etc look where thats got us if lansdown aint iterested in pushing on then neither am i hope it happens for you mate i really do 

What is the alternative under FFP?

35 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Well you might miss the boozer with your mates but maybe they won't miss you to the same extent. You really do not sound like a bundle of laughs right now. I hope that you will fester for a bit and then see what us more positive types see and come back to Ashton Gate with renewed vigour.  No real point in binning a 60 year old relationship just to be miserable - or to hang around on the forum like a bad smell.  I wish you joy in life and that you are back to see our next glorious cup run or surge towards promotion.  The club would really be better off with you there.

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

What is the alternative under FFP?

Careful, he might suggest that jumping off the suspension bridge is an option. Maybe it would be better to simply put the club into liquidation? Maybe that would make him happy. Who knows? I hope all the disgruntled fans can get back to basics, support the club and as soon as we are allowed back into AG to cheer us on to greater heights and glory.

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

Careful, he might suggest that jumping off the suspension bridge is an option. Maybe it would be better to simply put the club into liquidation? Maybe that would make him happy. Who knows? I hope all the disgruntled fans can get back to basics, support the club and as soon as we are allowed back into AG to cheer us on to greater heights and glory.

Clearly RRTR is slightly older than me, but as a 58 year old, I suppose I should be in the disillusioned older supporter camp, but I don't live in the past and I can see how FFP compliance means that SL's support has been tempered. He has though, given the investment he can in infrastructure etc. If I spent £173 on something, you would be right to think it was something I was quite interested in, so for anyone to say that a man who has (by estimates on another thread) spent £173 million pounds, "ain't interested" is frankly incredible.

I really don't get all this doom and gloom.  My first match at Ashton Gate was an FA Cup tie (in 1984 I think?) between City (Div 4, now called League 2) and Notts County (Div 1, now called the Premier League).  How times have changed ....

After having seen far too many matches in the third and fourth tiers, and visited far too many crap grounds with no atmosphere, I really think the club is now in a better position than it has been for a very long time.  Losing at Wembley in 2008 was of course enormously disappointing, but on the other hand I feared for what would have happened had we got promoted then.  As many others have said, we aren't too far away, keep the faith. 

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Clearly RRTR is slightly older than me, but as a 58 year old, I suppose I should be in the disillusioned older supporter camp, but I don't live in the past and I can see how FFP compliance means that SL's support has been tempered. He has though, given the investment he can in infrastructure etc. If I spent £173 on something, you would be right to think it was something I was quite interested in, so for anyone to say that a man who has (by estimates on another thread) spent £173 million pounds, "ain't interested" is frankly incredible.

like you I am a 58 year old (next month) and well recall the disaster of the ride from Division 1 to Division 4. Even before those days, the Board were never exactly awash with money and the club always had to cut it's cloth accordingly. Les Kew was an interesting bloke at the helm, David Russe was a downright disaster as he was prepared to spend the grand total of sod all. Scott Davidson was like a breath of fresh air and Steve has the necessary money. We may not be nudging a Champions League spot (we never were, and in truth we probably never will be) but the club has that magic word....stability. There are many of the 92 who'd swap their chairman for ours

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

You are still a young man and have plenty of time for the rot to set in! People seem to take everything that Steve Lansdown spends as if it is simply expected and not respected or fully appreciated. I think the man and his family are Trojans and we would be in a pickle without them. Given the political leanings of many on here, this is hardly surprising. Sadly whenever the widow donates her mite to a football club, it simply does not go very far.  The wages of players and staff are beyond the comprehension of many fans, who simply do not seem to understand that many of the players are very young and sensitive to crowd hostility - that is why we chant against the opposition. Our own players should be fully supported so that they are encouraged to give of their best and not intimidated into not doing justice to their talent.  The manager and board should be mere trifling distractions for fans, who should always get behind every aspect of our club in order that everyone is enthused and motivated to the fullest extent.  The moaners and the disgruntled may have unhappy lives, but I do not envy them their outlook on life - and I am a renowned miserable old fastard!

5 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

A Thatcher quote.

NOW I understand you.

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

You are still a young man and have plenty of time for the rot to set in! People seem to take everything that Steve Lansdown spends as if it is simply expected and not respected or fully appreciated. I think the man and his family are Trojans and we would be in a pickle without them. Given the political leanings of many on here, this is hardly surprising. Sadly whenever the widow donates her mite to a football club, it simply does not go very far.  The wages of players and staff are beyond the comprehension of many fans, who simply do not seem to understand that many of the players are very young and sensitive to crowd hostility - that is why we chant against the opposition. Our own players should be fully supported so that they are encouraged to give of their best and not intimidated into not doing justice to their talent.  The manager and board should be mere trifling distractions for fans, who should always get behind every aspect of our club in order that everyone is enthused and motivated to the fullest extent.  The moaners and the disgruntled may have unhappy lives, but I do not envy them their outlook on life - and I am a renowned miserable old fastard!

You really are the most patronising Fastard on this forum.

Well you might miss the boozer with your mates but maybe they won't miss you to the same extent. You really do not sound like a bundle of laughs right now. I hope that you will fester for a bit and then see what us more positive types see and come back to Ashton Gate with renewed vigour.  No real point in binning a 60 year old relationship just to be miserable - or to hang around on the forum like a bad smell.  I wish you joy in life and that you are back to see our next glorious cup run or surge towards promotion.  The club would really be better off with you there.

Il bet you was a johnson lover aswell ? Clapping and believing  it wears a bit thin mate youl get there eventually always looks better half pissed ask the rest of em.

:laugh: well judging on your title youl have plenty of room to yourself next season 

We bring on a few young guns and signings in, sell them when they become of any value and then repeat and then repeat.

We start to build something then knock it down and start again, this season we are to try to build a promo challenging team with someone who has never built anything before and with someone who was an assistant to a tombola spinning Barnsley reject.

Now I expect to see a not very exp leaderless team and manager, with prev loaned out players to lower league teams and prob minus our 3 best players Fam, Elli and Smith struggle more this season and will be very surprised if we make the top half of it.

Hopes by Bat Fastard of "greater hieghts and Glory" and a "surge towards promo" are imo just hopes, imo reality is far removed from that, we will continue to go around and around. Giving fans only hope that something better is around the corner, there aint just another corner and another until we get back to the start again.

Safe, sustainable? not guaranteed more chance of falling out of this div than climbing out of it if we carry on with the plan.

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

We bring on a few young guns and signings in, sell them when they become of any value and then repeat and then repeat.

We start to build something then knock it down and start again, this season we are to try to build a promo challenging team with someone who has never built anything before and with someone who was an assistant to a tombola spinning Barnsley reject.

Now I expect to see a not very exp leaderless team and manager, with prev loaned out players to lower league teams and prob minus our 3 best players Fam, Elli and Smith struggle more this season and will be very surprised if we make the top half of it.

Hopes by Bat Fastard of "greater hieghts and Glory" and a "surge towards promo" are imo just hopes, imo reality is far removed from that, we will continue to go around and around. Giving fans only hope that something better is around the corner, there aint just another corner and another until we get back to the start again.

Safe, sustainable? not guaranteed more chance of falling out of this div than climbing out of it if we carry on with the plan.

I stopped reading after the highlighted lie.  But I did read the first line.  How many times must someone point out that every club outside the absolute elite is a selling club.  We just happen to have got much better at spotting and developing talent in recent years.  Surely that's a good thing.  Even Arsenal used to sell many of their best players, which is how Wenger managed to keep them competitive with clubs with much bigger budgets for many years.

We're in a much much better position than we have been for a very long time.  And yet people moan and moan and moan and moan and moan  ...

7 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Il bet you was a johnson lover aswell ? Clapping and believing  it wears a bit thin mate youl get there eventually always looks better half pissed ask the rest of em.

I did support Johnson as I supported every City manager - even Pulis (but through gritted teeth).  I clap and support and will NEVER become negative to the point that I would stop supporting the club that has been central to my life for more than 50 years. I do not drink because I have to drive most times and my bladder would not permit it!  Most of the people who sit near me are reasonably positive and the one miserable b.....d gets the piss taken.  If you dislike City so much, why do you still come on the forum just to be negative? You must have other things in your life that you can be miserable about!

7 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

:laugh: well judging on your title youl have plenty of room to yourself next season 

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Again what's the alternative under FFP? We are no different to around about 80 of the other 92 league clubs are we? We don't have the income to sustain a team with a no buy, no sell policy. It's annoying and sad to see players like Bryan and Reid getting promoted with another club, but their sales are necessary to sustain the club. When in our history has it been any different? I remember the letters in the BEP when we sold Chris Garland for £100,000, in Harry Dolmans book he makes it clear that without it the bank were banging at our door. You both act like the selling of good players is some new innovation by the current regime. In fact what you should be recognising is that, unlike previous regimes, at least the majority of the income from the sales has been reinvested, and that a large percentage of the money invested in the squad has been spent on younger talent rather than old has beens. 

Archived