IGNORED

#AshtonOut

Fuber

Just now, GTFABM said:

I hear this alot and don’t fully understand it. How has he done that? Genuine question not after a argument or getting ripped to pieces

No worries mate, me neither. Lets go back a bit shall we?

So Mark Ashton is appointed. He's worked with SL before, but never in a serious role. Cries of warning from Watford fans can be heard between Ashton's attempts to sue the club. He controls recruitment, and is an immensely powerful man in BCFC. He is informed by analysts, the first team coaches, and the scouts, but he is the one with an extraordinary amount of influence considering his lack of footballing acumen. Can you think of a word to describe our signings in recent years? I'd go with scattergun personally.

So beyond criticisms of MA, there are criticisms of the way the board have handled this. I think sacking LJ was a good thing, and I was looking forward hopefully to a new reign at BCFC. Not least was I encouraged by Lansdown coming out and deliberately saying that we were trying to be ambitious, and take this club to the next level. What does that put you in mind of? Holden? A completely unproven manager?

Not least when we know for an absolute fact that the club have spoken with Hughton, and that for a time the club were keen on Gerrard. If the club had come out and said that they wanted to cut back and take an approach that would allow for continuation, then fine, they wouldn't have had much stick from me. I am angry because I had effectively been promised, as had we all, a proven manager to finally take us to the next level.

I've said in another post that I'm one of the younger posters on the forum, at least I'd guess so. I'm in my late 20s now, and most people here have been following the club a lot longer than me, and through a lot tougher times. However, I feel quite seriously disenfranchised. I don't mind if people want to lambast that feeling, but I feel extremely disillusioned with the club that I have followed all my life. That's hard. And MA/SL are culpable for me.

I have many more criticisms of SL/The Board, not least with their ticket pricings etc. etc.

I hope I haven't been too blunt but I'm quite pissed and hope this is all legible haha!

Why can't the football organisation structure be aligned with the rugby. Pat Lam wouldn't put up with this nonsense.

Ashton is effectively the CEO (Mark Tainton) and DoF (Pat Lam DoR) with the 3 coaches reporting to him.

JL will have to sack both Holden and Ashton when it all falls apart.

No wonder Hughton etc. wouldn't join us. Ashton Out.

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

You can't see any progress both on and off the pitch since January 2016?

Obviously we (well, the Lansdowns) have a nicer stadium and we've had had a couple of half-decent finishes in the league. But the performances on the pitch, and the general matchday experience, have been pretty turgid for the past couple of years. 

16 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Cotts for the most part was in charge of his own signings with Pelling negotiating, not attributable to Ashton; MA joined and was appointed CEO later in 2016, having previously done some consulting in the League One 2014 season under O'Driscoll was my understanding.

Under him (and LJ) we've increase 4 league places, spent £40m in fees, received £60m, and increased wage expenditure by 50% up to around £30m p/a.

More like ten league places

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Obviously we (well, the Lansdowns) have a nicer stadium and we've had had a couple of half-decent finishes in the league. But the performances on the pitch, and the general matchday experience, have been pretty turgid for the past couple of years. 

But have still been better than they were before January 2016, so that's progress is it not? 

Archived