IGNORED

#AshtonOut

Fuber

1 minute ago, bbew said:

Holden pretty much said he advised Johnson and Johnson ignored his advise.  That's why they switched to 532 in Holden's first game.  Holden cannot be blaimed for Johnson's failings.

I understand that, but just changing a formation does not make him the best man for the job.

Ashton is full of shite. 
SL is either a fool for listening to him, or SL just doesn’t care.

Just now, havanatopia said:

Wow... Simpson says 3-4 days ago.. yet Mark says he identified Dean many weeks ago as their first choice... bizarre Dean's assistants were not contacted until 3-4 days ago.. Ashton's lies already unravelling. What a slime ball.

Lies lies lies. An absolute slime ball.

6 minutes ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

I think we should respect the choice of the 2 assistants that Dean has brought in, you don't work for the FA at a high level for no reason

No we shouldn't, because;

a) They're panic appointments.

b) at the senior level maybe ala Southgate, Holland, even U21 level arguable with Cooper.

They usually end up at that level having been found out as managers and using it as a bounce-back platform - however they're working with the best of the youth across the country that spend 85% of the year being coached by club coaches. Means nothing.

I could not name you a single England U20 coach period besides SO'D.

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not back crying to Hughton or Cook or anyone of any quality. We've sent out a clear message.

It'll be Simpson or Downing. Can guarantee it. After having an average few games as caretaker of course. Lets just hope it doesnt take the morons 5 weeks to figure out again the only ones willing to work under the regime is the ones already at the club. 

9 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Wow... Downing says he was first contacted 3-4 days ago.. yet Mark says he identified Dean many weeks ago as their first choice... bizarre Dean's assistants were not contacted until 3-4 days ago.. Ashton's lies already unravelling. What a slime ball.

If Dean was their first choice why wait til now? 

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

Ashton is an absolute master of shithousery.

Not at all - that’s a skill, he just knows the club has a loyal following and that he can do pretty much anything without financial impact or significant customer losses.

Its not like we can go shop somewhere else because we don’t like the stock.

Its our bloody football club and we’re stuck with it & he knows it.

6 minutes ago, keflav said:

MA - it became clear that Dean Holden was the clear favourite during the process the other 3 were... 

be-clowns-clowns-musiciens_377505.jpg.790d54e1b03caa2a8c536f3b3b8d63b6.jpg

Sorry that is utter nonsense, these guys applied for the Rovers job when it was available - NOTE the white plastic chairs behind them eh !! Do you recognise those chairs ?

If anyone was in any doubt about how much Mark Ashton is prepared to lie and spin, in the Twentyman Radio Bristol interview he said of Dean Holden's inexperience that we've brought in coaches to provide experience of getting promoted from the Championship to the Premier League.

He's referring to Keith Downing, who was at West Brom when they went up in 2009/10.

Keith Downing was an academy coach.

1 hour ago, GTFABM said:

Are you all purposely ignoring the 2 extremely highly thought of coaches we have also employed? Potentially a great team. I hope they do the business and make alot of people on here look really really stupid ?

Ha ha ha ha ha, not exactly what we were led to believe though was it. A coach sacked from Stockport and one sacked  from Cheltenham? Europa league here we come.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

Ha ha ha ha ha, not exactly what we were led to believe though was it. A coach sacked from Stockport and one sacked  from Cheltenham? Europa league here we come.

The fact you all started creaming your pants is your fault. They mentioned no names you all started countless threads with possibilities got all over excited then had to get upset when it’s not who you wanted. 

like most of us on here i was born a bristol city fan and in all my 76 years i have been proud of bristol city fc and over that time i thought i had seen it all good and not so good  but this carnival beats the lot. ive been led by the nose  and openly lied to. shame on you bristol city you wont get any more of my pension money. just remember you reap what you sow

Ashton said a Dean had ‘clear ideas about where the team had gone wrong’. It’s a shame he didn’t say anything at the time. From the Ashton interview it is clear DH got the job because he gave a good interview but ANYONE can give a good interview. The $64,000 question is ‘what, in your career, have you actually DONE to deserve this appointment, if Ashton doesn’t know that much, we truly are in the mire. 

Just now, GTFABM said:

The fact you all started creaming your pants is your fault. They mentioned no names you all started countless threads with possibilities got all over excited then had to get upset when it’s not who you wanted. 

Ffs just listen back to SL’s interview you utter tool, if you thought that was leading to a 5 week recruitment process to appoint LJ’s 2nd in command and a couple of lower level FA coaches then good on you.

Just now, RumRed said:

Ffs just listen back to SL’s interview you utter tool, if you thought that was leading to a 5 week recruitment process to appoint LJ’s 2nd in command and a couple of lower level FA coaches then good on you.

I know what he said you ‘utter tool’. Because my opinion is different to yours you start name calling. Grow up go and pick your dummy up and get over it. Things change, he might of said what he said before he realised that financial income will be almost none existent because maybe, just maybe, he knows more about the impact on next season then you do? 

Archived