IGNORED

#AshtonOut

Fuber

3 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

I know what he said you ‘utter tool’. Because my opinion is different to yours you start name calling. Grow up go and pick your dummy up and get over it. Things change, he might of said what he said before he realised that financial income will be almost none existent because maybe, just maybe, he knows more about the impact on next season then you do? 

And we’re still paying LJ so why not just have kept him?

That’s an open question to all btw, I really don’t understand.

5 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

The fact you all started creaming your pants is your fault. They mentioned no names you all started countless threads with possibilities got all over excited then had to get upset when it’s not who you wanted. 

Saying you want a breath of fresh air and a man to take you to the next level and THEN taking 5 weeks to get to an appointment can you genuinely blame fans for expecting better than the failed managers number 2.

The blind faith some have towards this club is astonishing.

Just now, RumRed said:

And we’re still paying LJ so why not just have kept him?

Because paying johnsons ‘sack money’ and holden and his 2 assistants probably comes to less than what hughton wanted? Hughton might of wanted funds to sort the squad that simply won’t be there. There are so many possibilities but it’s not what the fans wanted so it’s awful. Perspective is needed not grown men/women acting like children when they don’t get what they want

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

Because paying johnsons ‘sack money’ and holden and his 2 assistants probably comes to less than what hughton wanted? Hughton might of wanted funds to sort the squad that simply won’t be there. There are so many possibilities but it’s not what the fans wanted so it’s awful. Perspective is needed not grown men/women acting like children when they don’t get what they want

So why sack LJ?

I didn’t mention Hughton?

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Saying you want a breath of fresh air and a man to take you to the next level and THEN taking 5 weeks to get to an appointment can you genuinely blame fans for expecting better than the failed managers number 2.

The blind faith some have towards this club is astonishing.

It’s not blind faith we have improved pretty much everywhere in the whole club in the last 5-6 years so not exactly alot to distrust from my point of view. I am probably coming across far more argumentative and rubbing people the wrong way because emotions are high. All i am trying to get across is nobody knows the whole story

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

So why sack LJ?

I don’t know what you are getting at. He ran out of ideas and took us as far as he could. 

1 hour ago, Fuber said:

I've defended him before as logically use and sign off of some signings could have been laid at Lj's door. But all that bluster, current club culture, all the hot air, to spend five weeks to appoint DH as LJ's successor (No Dispespect to Dean, the fans simply want an experienced manager).

**** off you corporate sleaze.

The man is a proper corporate snake - dealt with many of these over the years - complete c@ck and has Lansdown in his pocket

2 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

It’s not blind faith we have improved pretty much everywhere in the whole club in the last 5-6 years so not exactly alot to distrust from my point of view. I am probably coming across far more argumentative and rubbing people the wrong way because emotions are high. All i am trying to get across is nobody knows the whole story

I don’t know what you are getting at. He ran out of ideas and took us as far as he could. 

I understand that but did you really, honestly expect the next manager to be his assistant? 

I was fine with LJ going but I expected a manager with experience lined up. The 5 week delay shows this was never the original intention.

The club cocked up, again.

7 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

I see what you are saying, but I’m told the salary was all agreed with CH  it was transfer kitty and control of signings where it all fell down  

I understand that but did you really, honestly expect the next manager to be his assistant? 

I was fine with LJ going but I expected a manager with experience lined up. The 5 week delay shows this was never the original intention.

The club cocked up, again.

No i didn’t i would be lying if i said yes. It’s not who i would have picked (paul cook if you care). I don’t think it was the clubs 1st choice all i think is they might have found some information on next seasons income (fan entry into stadium) that drastically changed their thought process. This is based on nothing other than trying to think about businesses and how it is effecting the few i have contact with. 

2 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

I see what you are saying, but I’m told the salary was all agreed with CH  it was transfer kitty and control of signings where it all fell down  

If that is the case then my point still holds up, not sure many clubs will be spending money this window. Control of signings is a big one and i can see why people get the hump about that because if i was to be coach/manager of a team i would want final say on who is in that team. I don’t mean to be annoying everyone on here tonight just trying to add some balance

The man has more faces than big ben.i would not trust him with my life.sooner he goes the better it would be for the this club dodged every question twenty pence asked him and then blamed holden for korey going.watch your back dean ashton is a 2face slimey asshole.

Make no mistake Holden is under incredible pressure to make a good start. Any other manager would have been afforded a settling in period and time to build his squad, holden will have none of this time.

Ashton is a liar and scumbag who shows absolutely zero compassion for the supporters of this club. Its time to stop giving them so much of my money.

So Dean is number one based on a ‘rigorous’ interview process which included multiple rounds.

A few things:

• 1.      What’s the criteria to make him number one over the other applicants? Perhaps it should change?!

• 2.      Are so many rounds really needed? Beyond assessing someone’s personality to a point surely a past track record, a way of working, endorsements from the world of football count more than a few words in an interview – which are quite easy to bag (point 3!)

• 3.      An internal applicant is always going to better able to hit the right tone in an interview to make the employers feel like they are a ‘better fit’ with the club e.g. We have some good youngsters, which I know well, want to play attacking football, I know what the fans want, high pressing football, play with tempo  (I think LJ said all the same at the start) etc…. Doesn’t mean long term that they are a better fit or capable of delivering their words, than external candidates.  Actions (past track record) are far more powerful than words.

• 4.      We have clearly looked for the right ‘type’ to match our ‘DNA’ and ‘vission’ (MA bingo!). However, if the only match from over 100+ applicants from across the world is an Assistant Manager who did average at Oldham previously is the ’best fit’, perhaps the ‘DNA’ and ‘the model’ is wrong. After all a manager has a far bigger impact on results than 5 pillars or dare I say it Mark Ashton. Feels like a choice of Ashton and JL’s vision over football results. And lets be fair this vision of buy young and ‘trade-up’ has sort been quoted from SL for over decade. It hasn’t really set the football world alight. How many teams other teams has it truly worked for?

• 5.      Sometimes you have to make shorter term decisions to help the long term goal happen. E.g. Hughton pragmatism may help us reach the Premier League quicker than someone who is a more natural fit right now. However, that achievement can only help a club commit to its long term vision with the added finance and status, even if it meant a change down the line.

Equally, though long term SL is more important to this club than any manager despite ho I feel right now. Without him we wouldn’t even be in a position for a Hughton type to want to come to us.

Just now, GTFABM said:

No i didn’t i would be lying if i said yes. It’s not who i would have picked (paul cook if you care). I don’t think it was the clubs 1st choice all i think is they might have found some information on next seasons income (fan entry into stadium) that drastically changed their thought process. This is based on nothing other than trying to think about businesses and how it is effecting the few i have contact with. 

I agree but COVID was in full flow when the LJ sacking was announced and it was pretty obvious that full stadiums were a long way off. I just really don’t understand why if money was a concern they sacked off LJ. I mean he might not have got us anywhere apart from the middle/top of the also rans but he was a pretty safe pair of hands to keep us in the division.

Heard the interview. Ashton was found out by Twentyman.

BCFC has become a joke of a club. How can Holden be the “stand out candidate”? Quite frankly, feeling p*ssed off with BCFC nowadays and will be giving it all a break until this **** Ashton is gone. Lying b*stard!

Huge opportunity missed by this shambolic outfit. Relegation fight next season, with Holden gone by Xmas. Hopefully Ashton also.

I agree but COVID was in full flow when the LJ sacking was announced and it was pretty obvious that full stadiums were a long way off. I just really don’t understand why if money was a concern they sacked off LJ. I mean he might not have got us anywhere apart from the middle/top of the also rans but he was a pretty safe pair of hands to keep us in the division.

I think it was because the majority of fans had turned. I backed LJ more than i should have but even i lost all hope at the end. Problem is holden is in the same situation LJ was from the start, not who everyone wanted so will be given little room for error when things go wrong. Why did i have to be a Bristol City fan.... bloody stressful.

5 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

If that is the case then my point still holds up, not sure many clubs will be spending money this window. Control of signings is a big one and i can see why people get the hump about that because if i was to be coach/manager of a team i would want final say on who is in that team. I don’t mean to be annoying everyone on here tonight just trying to add some balance

So did Hughton, that was the problem. 

1 hour ago, Colombo Robin said:

Wow theres a lot of drama queens on here. Give Holden a few games at least!! We win our first 3 games with attractive attacking football and you'll all be streaming back no doubt. 

That's how all the LJ seasons pretty much started..before falling away to nothing......we are all expecting it......

8 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

I think it was because the majority of fans had turned. I backed LJ more than i should have but even i lost all hope at the end. Problem is holden is in the same situation LJ was from the start, not who everyone wanted so will be given little room for error when things go wrong. Why did i have to be a Bristol City fan.... bloody stressful.

44 years for me with very few bright spells. I can see why LJ had to go but I think the board must have thought they could have moved up a level manager wise with no issues. I really don’t understand why you’d sack someone (and still pay their wages) who kept us mid table to spend 5 weeks appointing their assistant?  Someone must be able to explain this to me.

@Kid in the Riot@Davefevs

Any ideas?

I haven't seen hysteria like this since princess Diana died and that was all b******t too! Am seriously cringing reading some of the c**p on this thread. They'll be wetting themselves on gaschat tonite! Seriously - just chill out! We're talking about Mark Ashton here not Osama Bin Laden. ?

The man is an absolute snake oil salesman of the first degree. 

The number of contradictions in that interview with Geoff are incredible. 

Dean Holden was always our first choice / it was a rigorous selection process with 4 candidates

We are absolutely sure Dean will take us forward / One year rolling contract 

We sacked LJ because he hadn't met the goals we had set ourselves for the season / We want Dean to challenge for promotion but we won't give him a target. That's not what we do as a club. 

Every time he opened his mouth he immediately contradicted himself in the very next sentence. 

Finally, note the important distinction here, regarding transfers. Ashton said LJ had the final sign off on all transfers. 

Note that, "final sign off" 

That means clearly that the recruitment team goes out, finds their man, scouts him, says that is the man they want the Ashton to sign and then, and only then, LJ is presented with the details for his sign off. 

That does not suggest involvement throughout but acknowledgement that LJ has seen and signed off on the transfer at the end of the process. 

I would love to know how many players LJ turned down at the sign off stage?

#AshtonOut

Archived