IGNORED

#AshtonOut

Fuber

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

44 years for me with very few bright spells. I can see why LJ had to go but I think the board must have thought they could have moved up a level manager wise with no issues. I really don’t understand why you’d sack someone (and still pay their wages) who kept us mid table to spend 5 weeks appointing their assistant?  Someone must be able to explain this to me.

I think the board thought that aswell. Then realised during the process that for whatever reason that doesn’t fit our structure so change plan. Even i can see taking 5 weeks to come to that conclusion seems a but much. Just telling myself there must be unseen reasons so i can stay sane and hold out hope 

Just now, GTFABM said:

I think the board thought that aswell. Then realised during the process that for whatever reason that doesn’t fit our structure so change plan. Even i can see taking 5 weeks to come to that conclusion seems a but much. Just telling myself there must be unseen reasons so i can stay sane and hold out hope 

Hopefully it will all turn out ok in the wash. I have nothing against those appointed at all, it’s just the shambolic way the club goes about things.

I’ve resigned from jobs before because I see the way other staff have been treated and also turned down jobs I’ve been offered once I’ve spoken to people that work at the firm (who I knew). I’m just concerned we might become a pariah club, and nothing about this recruitment process suggests otherwise.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

Hopefully it will all turn out ok in the wash. I have nothing against those appointed at all, it’s just the shambolic way the club goes about things.

I’ve resigned from jobs before because I see the way other staff have been treated and also turned down jobs I’ve been offered once I’ve spoken to people that work at the firm (who I knew). I’m just concerned we might become a pariah club, and nothing about this recruitment process suggests otherwise.

Yeah no matter how you look at it the club doesn’t come out looking very good. Got rebuilding to do all over the place 

10 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

In which case they could explain those reasons perfectly well without breaking any confidences. 

I won't hold my breath though.

Just now, Curr Avon said:

Ashton resembles a modern day Thomas Cromwell, Chief Minister to King Henry VII. Drunk on power, Cromwell made the brave decision to recruit Anne of Cleves for the role of Mrs VII Mark 4.  Six months later Henry annulled the marriage and executed Cromwell.

Absolutely agree...but it was Henry VIII (!)?

Just now, GTFABM said:

Just out of interest what would they say that would be acceptable?

Um, the truth? I have no preconceived notion as to what the reasons for any change of tack would be. Though Ashton said nothing to suggest they had changed tack at all.

But they would have to reconcile their decision with Steve's claims in his interview and explain what changed to lead to experienced people being rejected in favour of a novice.

I'm afraid waffle about Dean having a clear vision (so nobody else did?) doesn't amount to an explanation.

Though if it is clear presumably it will be explained to us as well - unless "I want to play attacking football" is all there is.

2 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I wouldn’t minded DH if the club were honest from the start. Slightly disappointed of course but SL said different. No money going to the club from me!

People are not allowed to change their minds? Or reassess their strategy in a very developing situation that affects football greatly?

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

I used to hate it when one or two on here used to refer to Lansdown as "Clownsdowne".....

How apt that unfortunately is.

Watching City since 1971....

Time for an epic break,,,not a dime of my money going to the club....

And as for Mark Ashton piss off is too polite by far.

Robert, does anyone know his address as want to send him a turd........sure he could polish that !!!!    Bloody Timeshare Salesman, found out at Watford and slithered under a rock here. Well played Lansdown, bet Hargreaves did the hiring at HL

5 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

People are not allowed to change their minds? Or reassess their strategy in a very developing situation that affects football greatly?

That's bollo...

If it were about the Yankee Dollar they'd not have been firing Lee with a boatload of compy to pay...

The status quo would have been order of the day...

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Make no mistake Holden is under incredible pressure to make a good start. Any other manager would have been afforded a settling in period and time to build his squad, holden will have none of this time.

Ashton is a liar and scumbag who shows absolutely zero compassion for the supporters of this club. Its time to stop giving them so much of my money.

Exactly, not a good word to say about him from Watford fans. He is like a cancer in our club and will bleed us dry, he lies through his teeth, one day in the future he will get his come uppance but I am afraid he will take us down with his horrible greedy little mitts wringing all the good done at the club. Lansdown has fallen for his Timeshare Salesman spiel. No more spending for me. Wanted my little grandson to be a mascot in a couple of years but no longer. Us in the Prem....more chance for Harrogate !!

58 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

So did Hughton, that was the problem. 

Lot of inexactitudes with Ashton not least this evening. He fell into a lot of traps. He even said Holden has the final say on transfers.

And what was even more telling was the fella from England.. sort of the number 3, already forgotten their names, when interviewed... He said I only heard about the interest 3 or 4 days ago... Did anybody pick up on that having listened to Ashton?

Funny that don't you think? Geoff probed Ashton several times and each time Ashton said it's been an exhaustive search but Holden was our number one choice from the off. Bizarre then that these two extra assistants only heard of the interest 3 or 4 days ago.

This club will never progress and attract a decent manager with this sneaky guy running the show, he’s bad news for Bristol City.  Good talker and front man but cant ever see a manager with his own ideas wanting to work under him.  We will only get lower league managers or promote from within. 

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

Ashton resembles a modern day Thomas Cromwell, Chief Minister to King Henry VIII. Drunk on power, Cromwell made the brave decision to recruit Anne of Cleves for the role of Mrs VIII Mark 4.  Six months later Henry annulled the marriage and executed Cromwell.

We can only hope

Archived