IGNORED

#AshtonOut

Fuber

I wanna hear from Lansdown now. All very well palming off all the vitriol to Ashton.

But i wanna hear from the man himself. Especially after geeing up the fans with the bull**** he spouted on talksport. 

I wanna know exactly where his priorities lie.

I wanna know what he expects this season?

I want to know if playoffs is minimum like it was for LJ, and if not why not?

What you have to look it with Mark Ashton is why would it be in his interests to not rubber stamp an appointment which would be more likely to see us in the premier league. Nothing’s guaranteed- but with his ego, he’d surely take the reflected glory of a higher likelihood of promotion with a Hughton and some loss of transfer control than the gamble that is Holden while keeping his hand on the tiller.

So, I keep thinking why? Why would an egotistical man not want to move heaven and earth to attain the thing that would stroke his ego the most?

There is one possible answer

The one thing egotistical men love more than glory is money. So, let’s address that.

I am not saying this is happening. And I’m not even alleging it. But in football it’s commonplace for people to receive percentage payments based on sales they attain for their club. And if you were in a position where you could attain that, but appointing someone to a certain job may prevent you doing so, what would you do?

Alternately, and just as possible, it’s likely a strong manager weakens the CEO so it’s about protectionism.

But what I’d say is...

”We trade Geoff, and we’re up front about that”...

I’d like to know the answer...

3 hours ago, GTFABM said:

Is that a joke?

As my club has just taken about a 10 years step back today I'm not in a joking mood.

Judging by your other posts you're clearly brainwashed by this idiot who sadly calls the shots at this club.

I'm glad 99% of people on here, and other social medias can see for exactly what he is, a snivelling, oily, egotistical maniac. 

A thought just occurred to me that in the interview with GT, Ashton refused to name any of the candidates who made the final 4 or even if Chris Hughton was interviewed. 

If Hughton applied then Ashton must have interviewed him because as a person of colour, Hughton is covered by the FAs version of the Rooney Rule. 

So Ashton has no reason to not comment of Hughton's applications because he had a reason to interview him any way. 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when we heard Holden was getting an interview and we concluded it was just a curtesy interview because he was caretaker and there was no way they’d be that stupid?

I miss that time. Heady days they were.

Great days. Still in disbelief to be honest.

12 hours ago, AshtonG666 said:

If this goes bad quickly, where do the club go ?

Very good question,,and the sentient one....thank you.

Steve has backed himself (along with Ashton) into the tightest of very tight corners...

The honest answer to your question is I'm unsure where they (would decide) to go direction wise if/when this goes tits up.

For me the only chance of redemption in my eyes is if SL eventually wakes up,, smells the coffee & 'dispenses of the poisonous Ashton - I see this as his one and only way to open up the options available to him - those options that have been out of touch because of power imbalance.

Steve has been completely blinded by the money generated by Ashton,,,,'he cant see the woods for the trees - though under closer scrutiny,,with the random recruitment, considerable hike in salary expenditure - not to mention the cost of Ashton's personal cronies-analyst's & their like it's somthing of a false dawn.

They are both about to find out that self limitation,,the ability to generate revenue and cash flow alone is not king.

Unless Steve wakes from the spell we are in deep deep mire without room to manoeuvre.

It's gona' be interesting.

I've said it in the Holden thread. Given that this recruitment process has taken 5 weeks to end up with Holden (no offence to Holden) Ashton has to be putting his job on the line. 

If it a goes wrong then the blame has to lie solely with Ashton not Lansdown. Ashton is our CEO so would have been responsible for the interview process, he would have been the one to say to Lansdown "Holden is our man". 

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Very good question,,and the sentient one....thank you.

Steve has backed himself (along with Ashton) into the tightest of very tight corners...

The honest answer to your question is I'm unsure where they (would decide) to go direction wise if/when this goes tits up.

For me the only chance of redemption in my eyes is if SL eventually wakes up,, smells the coffee & 'dispenses of the poisonous Ashton - I see this as his one and only way to open up the options available to him - those options that have been out of touch because of power imbalance.

Steve has been completely blinded by the money generated by Ashton,,,,'he cant see the woods for the trees - though under closer scrutiny,,with the random recruitment, considerable hike in salary expenditure - not to mention the cost of Ashton's personal cronies-analyst's & their like it's somthing of a false dawn.

They are both about to find out that self limitation,,the ability to generate revenue and cash flow alone is not king.

Unless Steve wakes from the spell we are in deep deep mire without room to manoeuvre.

It's gona' be interesting.

Well said ?

7 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when we heard Holden was getting an interview and we concluded it was just a curtesy interview because he was caretaker and there was no way they’d be that stupid?

I miss that time. Heady days they were.

Remember when I was down on football? Lee Johnson’s football had made me fall out of love with it, but finally he was sacked and there was light at the end of the tunnel?

I enjoyed that hope. 

I can see this going disasterously wrong. I hope for Holden’s sake it doesn’t, but I can’t imagine we’ll interview Hughton if we’re languishing near the bottom. 

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Remember when I was down on football? Lee Johnson’s football had made me fall out of love with it, but finally he was sacked and there was light at the end of the tunnel?

I enjoyed that hope. 

I can see this going disasterously wrong. I hope for Holden’s sake it doesn’t, but I can’t imagine we’ll interview Hughton if we’re languishing near the bottom. 

Fordy, the only saving grace is with Sheff Wed on the bottom for a few weeks ( they are my other team) it will take 5-6 games for us to occupy that place until Wednesday overtake us. Hope not but got a bad feeling especially after watching the last few games on Robins TV.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I enjoyed that hope. 

Important point there Fordy - right now we’re an attractive proposition. Consistent top half finishes, looking well set for a genuine play off challenge. NOW was the time to recruit the top coach to push on from that position.

If we’re anywhere near the bottom when we come to recruit again, we’re far less likely to be able to attract a Hughton. And I’m still struggling to imagine top quality players coming here to play for Holden, especially after such a humiliating and drawn-out fiasco.

Such a missed opportunity.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Important point there Fordy - right now we’re an attractive proposition. Consistent top half finishes, looking well set for a genuine play off challenge. NOW was the time to recruit the top coach to push on from that position.

If we’re anywhere near the bottom when we come to recruit again, we’re far less likely to be able to attract a Hughton. And I’m still struggling to imagine top quality players coming here to play for Holden, especially after such a humiliating and drawn-out fiasco.

The problem is as well, CR, that football to us is people from the outside looking in.  Those living in that world will not have missed the shenanigans going on at AG and will know all about how the club go about their business and will be influenced by that. I fear that if we need to replace Holden in a year ( or less) time and the same board go about the interviews, good candidates will be put off and not even bother throwing their hats in the ring.

Ashton is brilliant at negotiating purchases and sales. He’s made £millions for us with his shrewd deals. 
However, if we really seriously want the Premiership then occasionally we will have to turn down a big money offer on a key player, because without that player, the side would be weaker and fail to achieve the aims. 
The problem I think is that MA is higher up the pecking order than he should be. He should have a FOOTBALL person in charge of HIM and not the other way around. 
The manager should say to MA ‘this is the player I want. Go and get him for me’ and then let him do what he’s best at. 

18 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Can we get an Ashton In/Out poll?  Would love to see what the majority would be

Why? Do a poll on those who will support the team, not the CEO, what is it about this place when every five minutes someone has to go....yesterday it was Steve...madness. We are still a Big City with a small club, we are in a good place financially, who knows what was behind the thinking? One season in the Prem, and then the decline into receivership, no wonder SL is content with how things are, football is a money pit unless we are one of the big clubs, we are not, sit back and relax, could be worse.  

17 hours ago, Colombo Robin said:

Wow theres a lot of drama queens on here. Give Holden a few games at least!! We win our first 3 games with attractive attacking football and you'll all be streaming back no doubt. 

I think I’ve heard the ‘exciting attacking football’ speech before somewhere.

We will see how that works out once the savage Championship gets its teeth in to his ideas and philosophy.

I’m pretty sure most of us have nothing against DH.

It’s the trust in the ‘leadership’ of our beloved club that has been destroyed. That may seem an extreme word but I really do believe that.

How or if they can repair this damage in trust? I seriously doubt it. A crying shame. 

7 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

Why? Do a poll on those who will support the team, not the CEO, what is it about this place when every five minutes someone has to go....yesterday it was Steve...madness. We are still a Big City with a small club, we are in a good place financially, who knows what was behind the thinking? One season in the Prem, and then the decline into receivership, no wonder SL is content with how things are, football is a money pit unless we are one of the big clubs, we are not, sit back and relax, could be worse.  

As he's a slimy scumbag who is ruining this club for his own ego.  Obviously though, that is my opinion so wanted to gauge the consensus which is why I asked.

13 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Ashton is brilliant at negotiating purchases and sales. He’s made £millions for us with his shrewd deals. 
However, if we really seriously want the Premiership then occasionally we will have to turn down a big money offer on a key player, because without that player, the side would be weaker and fail to achieve the aims. 
The problem I think is that MA is higher up the pecking order than he should be. He should have a FOOTBALL person in charge of HIM and not the other way around. 
The manager should say to MA ‘this is the player I want. Go and get him for me’ and then let him do what he’s best at. 

How do we know that the money generated was actually down to him being better than anyone else ?

Genuine question not having a go, but I think that message came from the self congratulation bubble Ashton Johnson and the Lansdowns lived in for years.

In the bad old days there was a board with a chairman and a manager. Im pretty sure that if chris hughton was here last season, and ashton wasnt, that he would have been in the discussion regarding the transfer value of lloyd kelly, and he wouldnt have been sold for 5 quid and a bucket of kfc. The club has also put a sell on clause for just about every player since andy cole, so thats not something that ashton has introduced either. 

ashton has blagged himself a position at our club that we dont need, we arent man city or barcelona. We are selling players we need to build a team around, the money has now run out, and mark ashton would rather climb a tree and lie than stay on the ground and tell the truth.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Listen... you’re absolutely right there Tim!

(see what I did there?!)

10 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

How do we know that the money generated was actually down to him being better than anyone else ?

Genuine question not having a go, but I think that message came from the self congratulation bubble Ashton Johnson and the Lansdowns lived in for years.

That’s a fair question. The answer is I’m ASSUMING he had something to do with it, based on how our revenue on ins/outs have improved since he’s been here. We also include decent sell-on clauses which we never used to do. 

Archived