IGNORED

how many games/ sacked by Christmas

Ayteomike2

It would have to be calamitously bad for that to happen. Bottom place, regular thrashings.

Our management don't like to admit they've dropped a clanger.

Sacked at the end of the season is more likely, but you know, maybe he'll be a success.  Stranger things have happened.  

The only reason surrounding all the negativity is because we didn't get Chris Hughton or Paul Cook. 

Just because he's the fans choice doesn't mean he's a bad manager and yes I've said in a different thread he should have been given the same target as LJ and top 6 at the end of the season. 

The only way he'd go by Christmas is if we are in the bottom 3 with it looking like there's no way to change it. 

39 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That would be brilliant and it would be interesting to know who gets the credit? Will the credit go to Mark Ashton who was apparently in charge of this terrible situation and has somehow hoodwinked Lansdown whilst we were all asleep on the job? No, of course not, everyone would be carrying good old Uncle Steve on their shoulders up North Street for seeing what we couldn't........................therefore on the same basis it's good old Uncle Steve who should get the pelters if this goes tits up.

Good old uncle Steve. How long did it take you to come up with that gem. Just admit it, you really want/cant wait Dean to fail.

Which year?  If City are a middle of the table team this season I don’t think he’ll be sacked as that would be an admission that SL, JL and MA got it wrong. He’s got at least two seasons unless City are really dire. If City flirt with the top six, without actually making the playoffs, he might get three years. On the other hand it could be promotion! 

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I've seen a lot of fans proclaiming Deano will be sacked by Christmas. So, where would we have to be for this to actually happen?

I hope not because should this happen we won’t get any decent managers applying for the vacancy. They will know from experience that it will be a waste of their time and that will end up giving the job to the tea lady because she “knows the players” and is a “good fit for the club”.

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

Which year?  If City are a middle of the table team this season I don’t think he’ll be sacked as that would be an admission that SL, JL and MA got it wrong. He’s got at least two seasons unless City are really dire. If City flirt with the top six, without actually making the playoffs, he might get three years. On the other hand it could be promotion! 

It has to be play offs next season even if we lose out. The season after that it has to be promotion or he will be sacked. We can not except any thing less as supporters and some of us like me 50 odd years.

44 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

With the benefit of a few days hindsight, does anyone think hes in strictly as a caretaker to see us through til things open back up?

Absolutely the case Simon. I'm guessing Hughton (et al) explained to them that something more than what they were prepared to risk would be needed to complete the dream. Whether you see it as a missed opportunity, justifiable prudence, or otherwise, it most certainly is not what we were told we'd get. 

2 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

Absolutely the case Simon. I'm guessing Hughton (et al) explained to them that something more than what they were prepared to risk would be needed to complete the dream. Whether you see it as a missed opportunity, justifiable prudence, or otherwise, it most certainly is not what we were told we'd get. 

Yes think they would have to change their 5 pillar approach and invest heavily and quickly to achieve promotion quickly but they weren’t willing to go down that route.  Hughton would have wanted to spend on players with experience such as Duffy who now appears to be going to Celtic 

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Being a selling club and with the way the club is being run that probably is where we will be , we will always have players good enough to keep us up but not enough to take us up unless we get lucky. There will always be the clubs that get relegated with there big budgets and then the likes of Derby who will spend big who we will be looking to compete with so its going to be very difficult for us to get promoted. Thats, if the goal is ... The Premiership or is it just championship mediocrity.?

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

What behaviour exactly? When have they given a failing Manager a new 4 year contract?

It was a joke.

But I think they gave Lee one and then fired him barely a year later didn't they? I know we finished eight that year but as I said, it was a joke.

I would hope that regardless of the managerial appointment we would be doing okay in the league. The thought of relegation and league one......

I dont think we will be relegation material as we do have some very good players and some very good emerging young players. I think all we really need is another striker and a commanding midfielder. Those two players need to be the quality we have been lacking. Other than that, the club should be bringing through these young players. I have heard we have a promising right back in the Youth team, get him in. Bakinson, Semenyo and Walsh.... the time is now. We also have Adeklun and Szmodics. With some good coaching, Holden actually has the tools to at least match what LJ did.   

The issue is whether Holden can get them to do better than LJ and into the PL, if that is his brief. On that subject, I dont think he will be able to. Happy to be proved wrong. 

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

With the benefit of a few days hindsight, does anyone think hes in strictly as a caretaker to see us through til things open back up?

I think he's there to run the ship sustainably / relatively cheaply until lansdown knows the full financial impact of covid. 

Almost every business is (should be) doing similar, so not sure why football would be any different. 

I guess the idea is that we come out the other side in a better place than our rivals, ready to have a go at it when the financial climate is steadier 

29 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Please don’t start scentences with ‘so’ - it’s a really horrible Americanism that’s crept in.

That's why it was underlined ?

20 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Oh good, another negative thread whinging about DH. Just what is needed.

Can you please show me where I have whinged about DH

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

You also have to factor in the Ashton/Lansdown Ego Trip...........so it would have to be worse than you think before they will admit they have got anything wrong imo.

This all day long. Unless we are adrift at the bottom he won’t be going anywhere until well after Xmas.

2 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

I've seen a lot of fans proclaiming Deano will be sacked by Christmas. So, where would we have to be for this to actually happen?

Think the sacking of Lee Johnson, because he didnt make the play-offs has set a benchmark.

He'll be expected to get us into the play offs and if at any point that looks unlikely, he'll be gone.

The current squad isn't going to be immune from a relegation fight. 28 points from the last 26 games (I think) shows that over a sustained period of time the squad is capable of that. We've lost Brownhill and Smith plus a few loans gone from that period and are getting a few league 1 loanees back. Obviously we are yet to see any more ins and outs but it's possibly we will be weaker but could obviously sign some gems. We're also yet to see what Holden and co. can do in training but it's definitely within a likely range that we'll be mixing it at the wrong end of the table so it's a valid question to ask how low do we go before his job is in question. 

I think if we're rooted after about 10 games then he'd be gone, but I don't think it's likely. 

If we're bottom 3 after around 20-30 games then he'd be gone, which I think is less likely. 

If we're bottom 8 by the end of the season he'd probably go then. 

We've given most managers apart from Cotterill in the Lansdown era longer than they deserved, cotterill aside, so I see nothing changing there so things will have to be really bad for him to go I expect. 

Archived