IGNORED

Ashley Williams

James54De

If Williams is going to stay then I can’t see him getting many games. Probably some sort of ‘player-coach’ capacity?

With the introduction of the 2 ex-England assistants I would imagine we would be getting some younger players in, based on what they’ve seen during their time with England. 
Of course I might have got this completely wrong!!!

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

We have 6 or 7 central midfielders playing for 2 maybe 3 places, times I'd say that was over loaded

Its the same type of midfielder though, korey should have been kept on, hes the only one who likes a tackle! Palmer and szmodics signing was rediculous, and neither have contributed, then paterson getS booted out and comes back as first choice.

what happens with nagy and massengo i dont know, but it seems to me that massengo needs a lot of game time this year as the club will be looking to cash in on him soon enough, and him and dasilva at the moment, assuming fam and niclas leave are the next 2 with potential transfer value for next year

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Chalobah or Ampadu would do

Chalobah is a good shout, versatile, CB, RB, Cm....that’s how we need to think.

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

Did you read my post at all?

which one of these 6 or 7 midfielders are as combative or similar to Korey Smith? 

Morrell is the most like Korey.  He can be a little rat in the middle of the park....and he can play too.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Morrell and massengo

Big season for Han-Noah.  He’s put on some bulk, but needs that sharpness to return now over pre season.  Might’ve overdone it during lockdown.

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

Its the same type of midfielder though, korey should have been kept on, hes the only one who likes a tackle! Palmer and szmodics signing was rediculous, and neither have contributed, then paterson getS booted out and comes back as first choice.

what happens with nagy and massengo i dont know, but it seems to me that massengo needs a lot of game time this year as the club will be looking to cash in on him soon enough, and him and dasilva at the moment, assuming fam and niclas leave are the next 2 with potential transfer value for next year

I disagree I would of let korey go because of his injury record, I'd also sell 2 midfielders and replace them

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Morrell is the most like Korey.  He can be a little rat in the middle of the park....and he can play too.

Big season for Han-Noah.  He’s put on some bulk, but needs that sharpness to return now over pre season.  Might’ve overdone it during lockdown.

I disagree with massengo you forget that he is only 18, time is on his side, morrell on the other hand is 24 this year and needs first team football,

He is quality and forced his way into the welsh squad, if he didnt come through our academy, people would be excited to sign him

Just now, Monkeh said:

I disagree with massengo you forget that he is only 18, time is on his side, morrell on the other hand is 24 this year and needs first team football,

He is quality and forced his way into the welsh squad, if he didnt come through our academy, people would be excited to sign him

I meant in a positive way, e.g. he’s gonna have a big season, building on his first dozen or so from last season.

Morrell is gonna surprise a few too.

6 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I thought Williams was our best centre back last season. Maybe about 3 bad games. But most of the time he was class. 

Go back and read comments about him on here earlier in the season and people were saying what a great signing he has been.

He looked good since the return other than that moment of madness.

Happy for us to get someone else in of course. But Williams should be fine for another year otherwise.

Unsure about that. His red card v Brentford showed exactly how opposition can get at him. 

He's never been the quickest and at 36 he sure won't be. Perhaps a back 3 would be mutually beneficial to him and us but watch back on slow motion etc the Brentford red card.

He in the middle third IIRC had such a good head start on the striker. If we wish for possibly a medium, let alone a high line, I don't really see him as the answer.

The one at Nottingham Forest was downright unprofessional and stupid but tactically speaking, the Brentford one gives me cause for concern.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I meant in a positive way, e.g. he’s gonna have a big season, building on his first dozen or so from last season.

Morrell is gonna surprise a few too.

Based on my granted sketchy, WhoScored stats, Walsh is also capable of a tackle or two a game in addition to his obvious creative abilities. 

Think both can do well, cautiously optimistic about them stepping up.

6 hours ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

Williams is a good defender there's no doubt about that but he's 35 and I feel we could bring in another player for what we'd pay him. 

We have Vyner and Moore that are more then capable of doing a job there. Joe Low may feature in the bench a few times maybe even Baldwin. 

36 in about a fortnight actually. Certainly by time season starts.. 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Based on my granted sketchy, WhoScored stats, Walsh is also capable of a tackle or two a game in addition to his obvious creative abilities. 

Think both can do well, cautiously optimistic about them stepping up.

Yes, he has a bit of fire in him.

They are talking to Williams about playing and coaching roles. We will see how that pans out I guess. But to not the same thing as Smith.

Korey Smith leaving is the end of an era. However if we keep Morrell/HNM/Walsh and bring in a more powerful player with more presence then its the right time. I’m sure He will get a good club and score against us next season, that’s football

44 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

They are talking to Williams about playing and coaching roles. We will see how that pans out I guess. But to not the same thing as Smith.

Korey Smith leaving is the end of an era. However if we keep Morrell/HNM/Walsh and bring in a more powerful player with more presence then its the right time. I’m sure He will get a good club and score against us next season, that’s football

Coaching?

How many coaches do we need? We brought 2 in yesterday...

Either we think he is worth a year as a player or we don’t, I cannot see how we can need yet another coach.

If the contribution I was told we made to Benkovic’s wages whilst here on loan was true, then no way can we afford him again in a Covid world.

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I disagree I would of let korey go because of his injury record, I'd also sell 2 midfielders and replace them

But he came back after lockdown and started and finished pretty much every game. Proving his fitness imo. 

Oh and it’s “would have” by the way .

58 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I truly believe the replacement is already here in morrell,he really is a good player

He maybe, but hes never played championship football week in or weekout.... we cant guarantee 46 games out of him, nor do we know how good he will be.

nice discussing these pros and cons with you bud!

35 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

He maybe, but hes never played championship football week in or weekout.... we cant guarantee 46 games out of him, nor do we know how good he will be.

nice discussing these pros and cons with you bud!

Thats the thing if we don't give these players a chance then there is no point in having the academy at all,

16 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Thats the thing if we don't give these players a chance then there is no point in having the academy at all,

Yeah, but 3 of our main centre mids are massengo morrell and walsh for next season, theres not a lot of championship know how amongst those 3.

do you think holden will keep weimann and pato in midfield for the first game, depending on any other new signings obviously 

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He can get stuck in and get in the face of opponents and, as you say, he can play a bit as well. 

Could be a breakthrough season for him here and enhance his Wales chances - love to see it tbh.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him as a regular starter.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Coaching?

How many coaches do we need? We brought 2 in yesterday...

Either we think he is worth a year as a player or we don’t, I cannot see how we can need yet another coach.

If the contribution I was told we made to Benkovic’s wages whilst here on loan was true, then no way can we afford him again in a Covid world.

Prepare to be surprised at how many coaching staff we will have I guess. I hear they are talking to him about something along the lines of what they put to Wilbo. Guess we will see but Williams wants to keep himself in the Welsh picture as well. 

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

Yeah, but 3 of our main centre mids are massengo morrell and walsh for next season, theres not a lot of championship know how amongst those 3.

do you think holden will keep weimann and pato in midfield for the first game, depending on any other new signings obviously 

I think one of Nagy or Morrell will be sold in this window, if Nagy wants to be here then it would probably be him that stays as the start of last season he looked like one of the best in the league if he can recapture that form then he would be first name on the teamsheet. I don't see us letting Walsh or Massengo leave so that leaves Morrell as the odd one out sadly.

Archived