Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Why Have People Lost Their Minds?

34 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

The hate isn’t with DH or the coaching staff but lies from Lansdown and deafening silence from the club for 6 weeks.

Exactly this.

I think people are getting to breaking point with how this club is being run now.

The whole Bristol Sport corporate bull****.

The ever increasing pricing.

The sly small print in regards to season card refunds.

The odious and contemptuous crap that comes from Mark Ashton and Jon Lansdown.

The clear disdain for fans.

The joke of a media this club runs. Its amateurish and embarrassing.

The deafening silence. Especially when the going gets tough.

The outright lies that is spouted from Steve Lansdown

The constant bizarre appointments of our most crucial and important signing. Being the "head coach" (not manager)

The odious slime that is Mark Ashton. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
16 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The Club didn't raise expectations it was the people on here, if you look at previous appointments this shouldn't come as any surprise, we've regularly had internal appointments over the last 20 years

This post is confusing.

I agree that Lansdown has a shitty history of appointing managers.

But he raised the expectation himself.

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Brilliant post and was what I was hoping for when posting. 

Ran out of likes

Basically because we're not in tbe cauldron and have taken the step out, we see things differently. 

Fair comment? 

Fair comment, yes sometimes I dearly miss Bristol and AG, but at others I appreciate the perspective.

Now pay your £5 and give me my like.

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/subscriptions/

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Other than popping in to look at the transfer forum I think I may consider taking a sabbatical from posting on OTIB for a while. The vitriol and personal abuse that's been aimed at some of the people who run the club, dressed up as we are passionate about our club, has been too much. In a week where we've celebrated the memory of Harry Dolman I wonder what he'd have made of it all. Had this forum and social media existed in 1967 imagine the furore as he made us wait a month after sacking Fred Ford before appointing Alan Dicks, a man with no managerial experience, on the recommendation of a rival chairman and without any thought given to the feelings of City supporters who didn't have a scooby who he was. What a disgrace! 

And we still ballsed that brief 4 year period up in record breaking fashion 😂

Up the City!

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

@RalphMilnesLeftFoot I'm an exile as well, so see it from a distance as you do.

I can completely understand how for some fans the events (or lack of) of this summer are the last straw. It's a culmination of everything. It's the way the East End was demolished, Coppell, and David James. It's the way ST holders were moved around during the rebuild, Adam Baker, and Beryl in the ticket office. It's the White Stripes, O'dowda staying and Korey being chucked, and banning the word "Ultras" on flags. It's comic sans on training tops. It's Pack to Cardiff, Reid to Cardiff, and Aden Flint (via Middlesbrough) to Cardiff. It's Lisa Knights, Tim Shires out and Downsy in, and it's the badge. It's Mark Ashton's shiny suit, doubling the price of a kid's ST in the Lansdown, and it's Diony, Marinovic and Gustav F*****g Engvall. It's a typo in every press release, £10 per game and £25 for a cardboard cut-out, and it's Cotterill sacked and "Little Lee" appointed. Finally it's Lee Johnson's assistant being appointed after a 6 week search and a "thorough process".

It seems to me that what has happened over the past 6 weeks, and to an extent the past 16 years, is entirely within the club's control. SL, MA, JL and the other key figures at the club control the comms, control the personnel (let's set aside the inevitable transfers of players like Bryan, Reid and Brownhill), and they control the cash. They control who is hired and who is fired. They control the processes that decide that. They control the way that is communicated.

On their own none of the things above are enough to warrant bed sheets and protests. On their own they can be explained. Individually you can choke them down with a stiff drink or they can be reversed or reshaped to be acceptable to all. But together. Together, over the course of years, those things wear a human down. When one of those things happens every few months, to an institution that means so much to you, eventually resolve cracks.

Cracking Post. 👍

One cock up after another.

I wonder has SL muddied the waters a little - he obviously accepted Ashtons opinion on the way forward, if he fails then will it not be his Ashtons head that will be on the block? Especially as LJ suddenly ran out of road!

Hope and pray that this time next year we won’t be having preseason for league 1!

20 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The Club didn't raise expectations it was the people on here, if you look at previous appointments this shouldn't come as any surprise, we've regularly had internal appointments over the last 20 years

The club said we had had applications from across the globe and that a new head coach was needed to take us to the next level. Did you assume that was Dean Holden?

1 minute ago, Bullbag said:

Cracking Post. 👍

One cock up after another.

Thanks, I'd add that I think for some fans it drives them to use the one thing that the club cannot, and will not ever control - their emotions and their voice. They use that one last shred of autonomy to, and I'll quote @RalphMilnesLeftFoot, "dive in with hate and the rest."

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Happy Clapper? 

You've read my post history right? 

Oh my days 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for that. 

I'm assuming people will be claiming  fans are mushrooms or matryrdom next

This is getting cringeworthy.

I'm out, sharpen your pitchforks or whatever, and shout at the sky over nothing. 

gadzooks!! 

What's all this shouting?  We'll have no trouble here.

Pretty cringe seeing some of our fans act like they are.

I think the club have got the 2 last appointments right. So I trust them on this one. 12 month contract makes sense. On paper the assistant coaches brought in look promising. And it seems like we will play good football and play young players. It's a plan I want to see, and I just hope he can turn it into results.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Fair comment, yes sometimes I dearly miss Bristol and AG, but at others I appreciate the perspective.

Now pay your £5 and give me my like.

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/subscriptions/

One year when I have the dosh. 

I miss AG, love meeting away fans though. Not lived until stood at Blackpool in the Snow or rain orseeing Danny Coles sent off at Wigan or any of our other weird forays in the North. 5 effing nil vs Preston, and getting spanked vs Blackpool when it mattered. 

Memories 😕

19 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Today we've appointed a new manager, it's from the clubs perspective who they feel can best run and do with resources at their disposal. 

Clearly not what the fans want, but when was football about mob rule? 

Even Pulis didnt elicit this much hate and he wad utterly loathed on appointment. 

Why are fans so quick to dive in with hate and the rest?

In 32 years supporting city I've never seen such a rabid frenzy before the new guy has managed a team for real

Why now? What does that rage solve? 

Whose standards are you holding the new guy too and why all of the utter knee jerk? 

Sitting as an exile the responses are both bewildering and alarming. Do our fans hate their own club that much? 

Or is it that they've got caught up with with a divine right that we are somehow a big club. 

I've never been so embarrassed to be a fan to be honest.

I'll answer these:

Today we've appointed a new manager, it's from the clubs perspective who they feel can best run and do with resources at their disposal. 

It's not, but to alienate the fans means to lose the backing both during games, when fans can attend, and financially. The mob don't actually rule, if anything this proves it, however it also proves that you can't force the fans to accept everything. The fans accepted a new Robin, the fans accepted losing many of our best up and coming players but after 4 years of a coach that just couldn't deliver what the fans wanted they've ultimately denied the fans what they wanted to deliver another similar era of coaching.

Even Pulis didnt elicit this much hate and he wad utterly loathed on appointment. 

Well, this is what happens when you big up the next appointment with talk of ambition, especially when the goal is to reach the Premiership, or at least that's what's been sold to the fans. The fans were surprised by LJ going but the reason giving was the push on, not to hire a less experienced manager and two youth coaches who are obviously here to maximise the youth potential so that we can sell our youth for a high price.

Again, because the club has the potential to push on for promotion, the ambition the fans expected has been thrown back in their faces. Imagine you told a teenager that they were going to have an amazing birthday so the teenager expects some really nice present, maybe some kind of party that appeals to their interests. Their birthday finally arrives after a long period waiting and hoping for something big and impressive only to find they got a £20 amazon voucher and mum and dad has hired "Frank the clown" to entertain their friends... the Amazon voucher may have been a well accepted gift and the party may have been accepted despite the teenager not being interested in clowns but once that big promise is there it only further sours the disappointment.

In 32 years supporting city I've never seen such a rabid frenzy before the new guy has managed a team for real

And in 32 years we've never been in this position. I've never seen it either but it only furthers the question "Why would Ashton push on with this despite the reaction?!"

It's not something to solve anything, it's a reaction created by Bristol City's actions.  The purpose behind the rage is to show the club there is only so far you can take the piss out of the fans before they retaliate. If the Cardiff fans had accepted the red kits so openly who is to say they'd be back in blue now, they could still be in red, sometimes the fans need to react to show the club what they're actually supporting. I think it's fair to say the fans do not support Ashton and now in many cases Lansdown.

Whose standards are you holding the new guy too and why all of the utter knee jerk? 

Come on, the standards are being compared to the other applicants and that's not hard to understand. Hughton applied for the job, the man has very high standards, has a high success rate and would not only raise the profile of the club but most likely attract a better quality of players. It's fair to say that Holden does not have the pull for these quality of players and does not excite the fanbase at all.

Sitting as an exile the responses are both bewildering and alarming. Do our fans hate their own club that much? 

I think it's fair to say the fans don't see "their club" anymore, or at least a lot don't. Is this Bristol City anymore, or is it a profit spinning business for Bristol Sport? Buy the youth players cheap, develop them and give them Championship experience, get them to the highest level that they can with us and then sell at the highest margin of profit. Sure, it's a great business model but it's not going to see the club get promoted as these young players will need time on the pitch when they have little to no experience, that comes at the cost of points.

Or is it that they've got caught up with with a divine right that we are somehow a big club. 

We may not be a "big club" but why would any fan accept being a small club when there is a chance to grow? When I was just starting to support Bristol City Burnley were 6th in the old Division 4 where they lost in the play-offs to Torquay. Do you think they'd be a Premier League team if they just looked at themselves and said "We're not a big club, we should be happy where we are..."?
Ambition is how clubs develop, we've shown ambition in our training facilities, stadium etc so why throw all of the money into that and then choose a cheap youth development team as your head coach and assistants over a man who wants the job and has already achieved the goal of taking Championship clubs up to the Premiership? This is why fans are mad, we've taken the opportunity to show ambition and thrown it out of the window to go with a cheaper option that is more focused on profits.

It's ok, you're embarrassed, so am I, I mean I need to go to work tomorrow in Cardiff and try and explain how we went from being seen as a potential promotion contender under a much respected, high profile manager to being a relegation contender with our failed managers assistant now being the main man with two guys brought in to hold his hand because the board obviously knows he's not capable of doing the job without guidance.

Just now, Galley is our king said:

Well done, it's comments like this to fellow reds that makes my piss boil.

Social media and extended school holidays have a lot to answer.

Blimey, after three weeks of hissy fits from the anti-Lansdown/anti-Ashton faction, much have which has descended to pre-school level, it’s a bit rich to deny someone a bit of a bite-back.

Just now, Spike said:

I'll answer these:

It's not, but to alienate the fans means to lose the backing both during games, when fans can attend, and financially. The mob don't actually rule, if anything this proves it, however it also proves that you can't force the fans to accept everything. The fans accepted a new Robin, the fans accepted losing many of our best up and coming players but after 4 years of a coach that just couldn't deliver what the fans wanted they've ultimately denied the fans what they wanted to deliver another similar era of coaching.

Well, this is what happens when you big up the next appointment with talk of ambition, especially when the goal is to reach the Premiership, or at least that's what's been sold to the fans. The fans were surprised by LJ going but the reason giving was the push on, not to hire a less experienced manager and two youth coaches who are obviously here to maximise the youth potential so that we can sell our youth for a high price.

Again, because the club has the potential to push on for promotion, the ambition the fans expected has been thrown back in their faces. Imagine you told a teenager that they were going to have an amazing birthday so the teenager expects some really nice present, maybe some kind of party that appeals to their interests. Their birthday finally arrives after a long period waiting and hoping for something big and impressive only to find they got a £20 amazon voucher and mum and dad has hired "Frank the clown" to entertain their friends... the Amazon voucher may have been a well accepted gift and the party may have been accepted despite the teenager not being interested in clowns but once that big promise is there it only further sours the disappointment.

And in 32 years we've never been in this position. I've never seen it either but it only furthers the question "Why would Ashton push on with this despite the reaction?!"

It's not something to solve anything, it's a reaction created by Bristol City's actions.  The purpose behind the rage is to show the club there is only so far you can take the piss out of the fans before they retaliate. If the Cardiff fans had accepted the red kits so openly who is to say they'd be back in blue now, they could still be in red, sometimes the fans need to react to show the club what they're actually supporting. I think it's fair to say the fans do not support Ashton and now in many cases Lansdown.

Come on, the standards are being compared to the other applicants and that's not hard to understand. Hughton applied for the job, the man has very high standards, has a high success rate and would not only raise the profile of the club but most likely attract a better quality of players. It's fair to say that Holden does not have the pull for these quality of players and does not excite the fanbase at all.

I think it's fair to say the fans don't see "their club" anymore, or at least a lot don't. Is this Bristol City anymore, or is it a profit spinning business for Bristol Sport? Buy the youth players cheap, develop them and give them Championship experience, get them to the highest level that they can with us and then sell at the highest margin of profit. Sure, it's a great business model but it's not going to see the club get promoted as these young players will need time on the pitch when they have little to no experience, that comes at the cost of points.

We may not be a "big club" but why would any fan accept being a small club when there is a chance to grow? When I was just starting to support Bristol City Burnley were 6th in the old Division 4 where they lost in the play-offs to Torquay. Do you think they'd be a Premier League team if they just looked at themselves and said "We're not a big club, we should be happy where we are..."?
Ambition is how clubs develop, we've shown ambition in our training facilities, stadium etc so why throw all of the money into that and then choose a cheap youth development team as your head coach and assistants over a man who wants the job and has already achieved the goal of taking Championship clubs up to the Premiership? This is why fans are mad, we've taken the opportunity to show ambition and thrown it out of the window to go with a cheaper option that is more focused on profits.

It's ok, you're embarrassed, so am I, I mean I need to go to work tomorrow in Cardiff and try and explain how we went from being seen as a potential promotion contender under a much respected, high profile manager to being a relegation contender with our failed managers assistant now being the main man with two guys brought in to hold his hand because the board obviously knows he's not capable of doing the job without guidance.

You have your views, which is fine, but all we can do now is wait and see.  I’m certainly looking forward to the new season, and I hope we do well.

27 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Today we've appointed a new manager, it's from the clubs perspective who they feel can best run and do with resources at their disposal.  No it isn't. It's who will work with a system where the CEO has a say in the comings and goings in the squad. The board didn't choose Holden. Literally no one else other than a rookie being offered his first managerial hotseat would accept our conditions.

Clearly not what the fans want, but when was football about mob rule?  Why is the view of 95% of the fans a 'mob'.? You know, coaches and owners come and go but we remain. In many cases we might be the fourth or fifth generation of fans. We ARE the club. The others are just the custodians of it.

Even Pulis didnt elicit this much hate and he wad utterly loathed on appointment. Because he came in when we were a bang ordinary L1 side. Expectations have been raised since those days - not least by the owner and his oft-stated vision of a Premier League BCFC. Leaving pride and legacy to one side. the financial rewards of getting to the PL are enormous. About £150m. As a businessman, Lansdown appears to have forgotten you need to speculate to accumulate. We're like one of those half-arsed Formula One sides, trying to compete with the big boys but giving our drivers cars that will never win.

Why are fans so quick to dive in with hate and the rest? We were poised at having a shot at the big time. This appointment and the decisions on players and lack of incoming talent signal we've abandoned serious hope of getting there. We are angry at the wasted opportunity and because we feel lied to.  

Why now? What does that rage solve?  It's called being passionate and caring about your team.

Whose standards are you holding the new guy too and why all of the utter knee jerk?  Because we interviewed at least one better candidate and can name a list of many more. It isn't personal about Dean. It's about the total lack of ambition the appointment represents.

Sitting as an exile the responses are both bewildering and alarming. Do our fans hate their own club that much?  It's because we love the club that we want it to succeed.  Most of us have enjoyed not having to worry about relegation battles for the last few seasons. With an inexperienced boss and a team of youngsters that might be about to change.

Or is it that they've got caught up with with a divine right that we are somehow a big club.  Bristol is the sixth largest city in the UK and one of the wealthiest. A happening club in this area has a huge potential fanbase. We should be a big club. The owner has said he wants to make us a big club. His actions have shown he either isn't really fussed providing it doesn't cost him too much, or he is clueless about how to achieve that dream

I've never been so embarrassed to be a fan to be honest. Same here. Embarrassed by the cringeworthy appointment which makes us look small-time and tinpot. If you took the other 90 chairmen of league clubs to one side and asked them "Who do you think is most likely to guide Bristol City to success: Dean Holden or Chris Hughton?" how many do you think would say Holden?  And remember this whole fiasco came after more than 5 bloody weeks of faffing about. 36 days to end up with someone who was at the club already! What a total joke.

Answers in black.

• Flames 1
2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You have your views, which is fine, but all we can do now is wait and see.  I’m certainly looking forward to the new season, and I hope we do well.

I'm thinking bottom half of the table, hopefully not in a relegation fight but more than likely not far above it.

1 hour ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Opinions are not Mob rule.

How would you measure that?  There was no similar platform to come to your conclusion. What the appointment of Mr Pulis did was highlight how unwise it can be to put in charge an individual with baggage. I doubt Mr Holden's appointment will see support behave in a similar manner. These are more placid times and the way we purchase our football means attendances are stable.

Rage? Hardly. People make huge emotional investments into supporting clubs. When they feel their investment is not respected displeasure is communicated. It is normal.

The disappointment being displayed is the now.

The standards were set by the FC. The elicited responses are not knee jerk. The appointment was not in any way sudden and responses are thus considered and predictable.

Fans dislike the way the FC makes them feel e.g. powereless. The responses are normal. Human.

It is realistic to feel BCFC can do better. The owner of the club and his employees like Mr Ashton has fuelled those expectations. 

I feel a little embarrassed by BCFC. 

Edited by Cowshed
  • Like 3

It's fine to have opinions but the hate that's coming out of fans on here is just embarrassing.

My young children have more respect than most of these people. Everything is overdramatic. I can genuinely sense tears of anger 😂

Get a grip and support Dean. I know I'll be told yeah but we're not aiming at him.. it's SL,MA or JL we don't like. It still stokes this inferno of negativity which is going to spill over to Dean whether you intended that or not.

2 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

It's fine to have opinions but the hate that's coming out of fans on here is just embarrassing.

My young children have more respect than most of these people. Everything is overdramatic. I can genuinely sense tears of anger 😂

Get a grip and support Dean. I know I'll be told yeah but we're not aiming at him.. it's SL,MA or JL we don't like. It still stokes this inferno of negativity which is going to spill over to Dean whether you intended that or not.

So what exactly are you saying we should do?  

Just bend over and take it without complaint?

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

So what exactly are you saying we should do?  

Just bend over and take it without complaint?

I'm pretty sure the board have got the picture that you and a lot of fans aren't happy that's been discussed on about a 1000 pages of various topics, tweets on twitter, posts on Facebook, calls into Radio Bristol. I wouldn't be shocked if local MP's haven't been contacted.

My point is the decision has been made and for the best of all of us it's better to support Dean and see what happens.

We don't need broken record conversations over how crap the appointment is and how the board are shit. It's not going to reversed so people are going to have to come to terms with that.

What you have to also remember there's probably only 20 or 30 fans ranting in despair like the world has ended and most people even if they dislike the appointment are more level headed and just think it's not who they'd appointment but fingers crossed...

I can remember several times people boycotting until Johnson is out... never even noticed an attendance drop!

My word. So many people sounding like a spoilt child who didn’t get what they wanted for Christmas. Boo hoo, the club didn’t talk to us , so ******* what ,  And guess what,  when they did speak to us (SL) they are ripped apart for what they say 

here’s how it probably went.   We will take our time to make sure we wittle down our list from 10 to 4. We will then interview them.  CH comes in saying he wants a big budget, full control of transfers, a bigger wage budget, more experienced ( expensive) players and I should take you up.. o and I want 6 new back room staff members which won’t include anyone that is here now.   
ummm good coach but how he wants it is totally against how Steve L wants us to run this club    Ok, let’s interview dean who has got a good reputation within the game and the players love him.  
DH.  I know I’m inexperienced but I want to bring in 2 FA coaches who have been coaching the best kids in England and will help develop what is essentially a major part of building success at this club (the academy )and a major part of how the football club will need to be run in the new financial climate    I’ll ask for players but yes mark you will have the final say as MD. 

MA. We are really keen on DH but let’s wait in case someone like dean but with more experience such as Eddie Howe becomes available.  We also want to secure his 2 wanted assistants but it’s hard due to holidays and that is a major part of us giving dean the job 

JL. We haven’t spoken to the fans mark ?

MA. What can we tell them,  we can’t lie and they must realise we are taking our time as we want all of the board to agree and it takes time to get the 2 guys from the FA , surely this is better than having a Watford style rush appointment which costs millions and the new manager will have players on long contracts that another new manager doesn’t want 

stop acting like spoilt kids who don’t get their own way just because the club haven’t come out to tell us it’s still ongoing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I completely understand why people are angry, and I think they have every right to be, the problem I have is when that anger becomes blanket.

Personally, I’m not in the least bit phased by the lack of communication in the manager/HC search. They clearly didn’t set out thinking it would be Holden, they’ve clearly had advanced discussions with others and when those have failed, for whatever reason, they’ve turned to their fallback option. Whilst I’m not defending Ashton being, ahem, creative with the truth, to expect anything else is naive. Of course he’s going to say Holden was their preference. Of course he is. And of course the club aren’t going to release a statement about the process taking longer than hoped. In doing so you’re completely undermining the lie you’re about to tell.

So I really don’t buy all this screaming about the club treating fans with contempt. McGregor’s drip feeding worked the fans into a frenzy but, if it had been Hughton and not Holden appointed in exactly the same manner, no-one would give a shit. The anger on lack of communication {specifically} is because people didn’t get what they want, it really is that simple.

I also, for what it’s worth, don’t buy the outrage over Smith leaving communication. Whilst I question a lot of what Ashton said on Radio Bristol, I do sympathise (and believe the club) on Smith. He (Smith) responded to an incorrect media report, blindsiding the club, who were rushing to catch up. For what possible reason would they not, especially given what’s going on around it, milk Smith’s departure for all it’s worth. Makes absolutely zero sense that they’d pass up some positivity knowing what was to come.

Where people are angry, and right to be angry, is the farcical way the manager hunt has unfolded. The club have created this mess. ‘Breath of fresh air’, ‘quality candidates’, JL responding to that roof tweet, though clearly not the worst crime in the world, was a spectacular failure in reading the room. The search hasn’t gone to plan. I don’t blame the club for not providing a running commentary on their failures, but it is the failures that make people justifiably angry.

• Like 1

All the ‘passionate’ fans I.e. those with testosterone still pumping through their veins as opposed to hot chocolate like us oldies, seem to still think SL / MA didn’t want or try to get the big names on board.

BUT, as people have tried to explain on other threads, after all the ‘promises’ by SL to take us to the next level and with the COVID situation overriding everything else that sadly did not happen or become apparent until maybe 3 weeks in?  Those reasons were probably the unpalatable reality of the financial Armagodden  facing sport in general.  

From that point on was what’s the next best option for the club. There would have been no point in SL trying to explain the change in strategy at that point as once you’ve been promised nice sweeties nothing else would appease you. 

So, with the best interest of the club at heart the board took a brave step to try to take us forward, time will tell who will swim and who will sink due to financial implosion. 

The reason all this vitriol is coming out from the fans (those who don’t get the big picture) is the story of 2020. That story is forget democracy, direct action and anarchy is the way to go now and that’s really is only an option in the short term.....

I think to be fair the supporters will back the team but what we will not do is endorse everything that the club does. The club publicly talked up the job with applicants from across the globe and managers with a track record of various experiences and success. The club throughout have jumped on this stating basically that they sacked LJ because they wanted to make the step up to the PL and LJ could not do it. This is a guy (whether you like him or not) who stablised us in a division we tend to drop out of quite often.... we have a protracted interview process. Holden is then appointed with 2 coaches who have failed in the lower leagues. How on earth does this appointment meet the stated aim... It does not. It is unarguable.  Holden is inexperienced, has no track record at all that suggests he has the ability to take us to the next level. Why you ask? Because he was part of the team that failed to meet the stated aims in the first place. His backroom staff similarly are not exactly top level. I cant recall how many teams they have helped coach to the PL.  

This is a total joke and to compound it, Holden gets a 12 month contract, which says to me the board are not really behind him and can sack him quickly if things turn sour. I feel sorry for Holden. If he does not get off to a good start it could get toxic pretty quickly. The only ones to blame for that are the board. They have a dire record of making managerial appointments and sadly, I believe this will be another of them.