IGNORED

Twentyman

JBFC II

Said many times before Radio Bristol are bloody lucky to have him.

Played the game professionally, dipped his toe in management & is an articulate, excellent interviewer.

May have played for the few, but as he loves to say, top man!

Just now, Dynamite Red said:

That's what the slimey one said, maybe rolling but definitely stated 12 months.

I’m convinced Eddie Howe was due to come here, but changed his mind and decided to take some time out of the game 

I posted my thoughts the other day and said then, bet he gets offered a 12 month contract 

“I spoke to Lee numerous times every day”.

Why? This just shows how MA has far too much control at City and likely had a significant say in the new coach.

Why would the CEO need to speak to the manager multiple times daily, surely LJ would have been focused on picking the team, coaching etc - things which MA should have no input in?

Just now, DT The Optimist said:

Fair play to good old Twenty stone. Asked the questions wanted asking which were not ducked by him. Ashton also wriggled well.  Thought TS had him on his line without being disrespectful 

Yep.

Well done Geoff.

Asked what we wanted and got the answers we expected - which was a shame.

It seems people on here always have to have a scapegoat to blame when they're unhappy. It was LJ (both as a manager and a player), previously Liam Fontaine when he was playing and various other people before that. The latest is Mark Ashton who I'm sure is only following orders from SL but people have taken a dislike to him. It's a pity we can't be a bit more united as a club and be a bit more objective in our opinions

Just now, ashton_fan said:

It seems people on here always have to have a scapegoat to blame when they're unhappy. It was LJ (both as a manager and a player), previously Liam Fontaine when he was playing and various other people before that. The latest is Mark Ashton who I'm sure is only following orders from SL but people have taken a dislike to him. It's a pity we can't be a bit more united as a club and be a bit more objective in our opinions

Nope, I've always thought he was a slimy bastard! 

25 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Thanks.

I take it Ashton just spouted out of his ass?

Ashton clearly media trained so slippery to interview. Chose which parts of each question to answer. Started every answer with “Listen”, said ‘process’ 35 times. Thought GT could’ve gone for it a bit more. 

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

With your username you'd be better off keeping quiet.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Nope, I've always thought he was a slimy bastard! 

I've not always thought that tbh.

But I'd agree with you now.

No disrespect at all meant towards the three appointed guys and I sincerely hope they get on well and get success here, but Ashton has had a mare.

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Sounded like the other way around from that interview with GT.  Ashton kept mentioning ‘keeping SL updated’ and ‘talking Steve through the process and recommendations’.   Sounds like all the trust and decision making is laid by SL to MA to me with JL sitting by his side as some kind of token Lansdown family representative.  

Archived