IGNORED

Twentyman

JBFC II

1 minute ago, Tangle Foot said:

What should MA be held accountable for?

Presumably:

1/ The length of time it has taken to make and announce a new head coach.

2/ The actual appointment itself.

3/ The communication around KS not being offered a new contract.

4/ The sacking of JM.

Am I missing anything from that list?

I’m not sure he is entirely accountable for all of them.

COYR.

He is CEO. A CEO is responsible and accountable for the entire operation. That's why they get paid big bucks.

GT is a rare thing, an intelligent pro footballer. He’s respected across all fan bases and treats all the same, regardless of his past allegiances. Given the team he played for in the era he played it’s no mean feat and demonstrates an emotional intelligence rarely displayed.

he’s far to good for Radio Bristol and we are lucky to have him

thanks GT - Top Man....unlike that responsibility shirking slime ball you interviewed tonight !

32 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Which players are dross in your opinion? And is definitely him that decides who to buy?

Gieffer, Diony, Engvall, Williams, Rodri, Marinovic, shall I go on? 

If its not what does he actually do. He heads up the footballing side of the club so has a major impact into signings. You cannot give him credit for sales but not buys. 

29 minutes ago, Elruliri said:

My Mrs told me off for calling him all the names under the sun whilst I was in the garden. I think the neighbours know how I feel though. ???

My Mrs said that he spoke very well, and what he said made sense.

My response: bollocks. He's a slimy toad who's great a bullshit bingo. Half the responses he gave I could have predicted.

Her response: Oh alright then :laughcont:

Feel sorry for my West Ham supporting neighbour (in Essex); listening to Radio Bristol on the Alexa, then just started swearing at it when MA came on :rolleyes:

I know a guy who was at school with GT. said he was an AMAZING footballer, the team’s entire tactics were ‘give it to Geoff”. Given that he (I think) only played in the bottom two leagues, it made me realise the difference in class between even League 2 players and the rest of us. 

Imagine if you had been at school with Beckham or Rooney. 

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

After listening to that car crash interview, its patently clear to me that Ashton is a bullshitter.

His veneer is very thin.

He really doesn't like his decisions being questioned does he? So why would he appoint an experienced man who might do just that?

Dean had better watch his step.

10 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I would ******* LOVE to know what DH said to convince them that he was the man for the job. 

"Yeah, you can sit in on player chats, come in the changing room when ever you want. You can even pick the team now and again, oh and yeah I cup the balls and work the shaft."

3 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

I know a guy who was at school with GT. said he was an AMAZING footballer, the team’s entire tactics were ‘give it to Geoff”. Given that he (I think) only played in the bottom two leagues, it made me realise the difference in class between even League 2 players and the rest of us. 

Imagine if you had been at school with Beckham or Rooney. 

He played in the old 2nd Division (now Championship)

23 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Don’t know if I’m being stupid but don’t know what I’m searching for. Searched Twentyman and only his mid-morning show came up?

Search for BBC Sounds then when on the home page search for Sounds of the City. You may have to register.

46 minutes ago, Redland said:

So according to Ashton we had a comprehensive five week process where  out of nearly 100 applicants the top 10 were interviewed. It was then narrowed down to 4 applicants  (presumably including Hughton and Cook) for a second interview. Ashton and JL then decided that the best applicant was ............ Dean Holden. Despite  having been part of the previous failed regime, despite no managerial experience and with next to nothing on his CV. 

‘But “he knows the players”. Of course he bloody well does he’s been working here for 4 1/2 years.

It could only happen at Bristol City.

Joke club nowadays unfortunately.

Just now, Red Alert said:

I’m listening to the MA interview and it’s awful, he coming across so poorly.

He basically says there were no financial restrictions in the appointment which if true makes the Holden appointment so bizarre. 

.......but he was the best man for the job....

Archived