IGNORED

Twentyman

JBFC II

7 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Fascinating interview.

Thought, despite his best attempts, he sounded rattled and defensive.

Many of his answers lacked transparency and he sounds under pressure.

I think the fans backlash has taken them by surprise, which says a lot really. 

Which one's out of interest? I can understadn why Geoff asked about Hughton but no professional football club could be expected to comment on why you haven't employed a candidate, it wouldn't be fair on the individual concerned.

I'm not pro-MA but nor do I agree with the treatment he is currently receiving.

19 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Appreciating that there is a lot of vitriol aimed at MA at the moment but having listened to the interview with GT I don't actually think he came across that badly.

Well yes, apart from the fact that what he said was full of contradictions and quite probably contained a few outright lies. Easy to come across ok if you ignore the truth. 

Having listened now to the Twentyman show........I thought Holden spoke well, he not only said the right things, but seemed genuine.  He is obviously a nice guy, everyone says so, but if being a nice guy was the only requisite for success, then life would be easy.. LJ talked a good game, as does Holden, but with out the BS and buzz phrases,  but it's all about actions, not words, and i cannot wait to see the fixture list?  Ashton as expected came across as a spin doctor, who i could never trust, and I did not, and I could not believe some of his answers, the sooner he is out of this club the better.  It is obvious that Holden was not initially the first choice, but circumstances conspired for him to end up with the job.  Hopefully in time the gossip grapevine will produce the truth, and Ashton will be revealed as the bullshitter he truly is, which he will then spin?

It will be fascinating to see how Holden gets on, and how the players respond to him, and also who he recruits, and who falls out of favour.  I am not optimistic, but all i and all City supporters can do is wait and see. Game On.

10 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Which one's out of interest? I can understadn why Geoff asked about Hughton but no professional football club could be expected to comment on why you haven't employed a candidate, it wouldn't be fair on the individual concerned.

I'm not pro-MA but nor do I agree with the treatment he is currently receiving.

I agree he's taking a lot of slack, much of which is unfair, but that does come with the job.

I can't give exact quotes and it was a few hours ago now, but I didn't think his answers about the process of how they got to settle on Dean were particularly transparent. I remember he said something along the lines of 'first of all, let's say Dean is a very good guy'. I mean, come on.

I also personally didn't believe his very curt answer about transfers....very much a politicians answer. He was extremely defensive there IIRC, some answer about 'the head coach gets final sign off' left more questions than answers for me. 

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I agree he's taking a lot of slack, much of which is unfair, but that does come with the job.

I can't give exact quotes and it was a few hours ago now, but I didn't think his answers about the process of how they got to settle on Dean were particularly transparent. I remember he said something along the lines of 'first of all, let's say Dean is a very good guy'. I mean, come on.

I also personally didn't believe his very curt answer about transfers....very much a politicians answer. He was extremely defensive there IIRC, some answer about 'the head coach gets final sign off' left more questions than answers for me. 

The players we sign are those linked to particular Agents.......I wonder why MA only uses specific ones? ?‍♂️???

Really didn't like Ashton's answer to "who signs off on transfers". Felt very much like a "technically the HC signs off on all transfers" in the same way the queen signs off all new laws; in theory they can veto it but in reality not really, as everything has been agreed and don't want to rock the boat.

I think my main concern at this point is a lack of "a football person" at the board level. Mark Ashton and Jon Lansdown (so basically just Mark Ashton) conducting interviews just screams naivety to me. Yes MA is a great businessman I'm sure, but who is he to judge someone's footballing philosophies? 

I think I am over it now to be honest, and excited to see what happens (and get back to gossiping about transfers instead).

I actually feel quite positive about the 2 new coaches brought in, will be interesting structurally to have a head coach with 2 more experienced assistants.

If fans are back by next summer, DH will be gone and we'll get someone more experienced (unless DH gets top 6)

3 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Really didn't like Ashton's answer to "who signs off on transfers". Felt very much like a "technically the HC signs off on all transfers" in the same way the queen signs off all new laws; in theory they can veto it but in reality not really, as everything has been agreed and don't want to rock the boat.

I think my main concern at this point is a lack of "a football person" at the board level. Mark Ashton and Jon Lansdown (so basically just Mark Ashton) conducting interviews just screams naivety to me. Yes MA is a great businessman I'm sure, but who is he to judge someone's footballing philosophies? 

I think I am over it now to be honest, and excited to see what happens (and get back to gossiping about transfers instead).

I actually feel quite positive about the 2 new coaches brought in, will be interesting structurally to have a head coach with 2 more experienced assistants.

If fans are back by next summer, DH will be gone and we'll get someone more experienced (unless DH gets top 6)

Wondering how many experienced managers would consider a club that didn't want Chris Hughton.

Cook and Hughton would be off the list for a start

No, we sounded out a message today

Small ambition, small club still

1 minute ago, maxjak said:.  It is obvious that Holden was not initially the first choice, but circumstances conspired for him to end up with the job.  Hopefully in time the gossip grapevine will produce the truth, and Ashton will be revealed as the bullshitter he truly is, which he will then spin?

In defence of Mark Ashton he has said tonight and in the past that the head coach has final say on incomings, he said no one else was offered the job before DH despite protestations on here and else where that was the case.  It is another matter altogether if the likes of Hughton wanted some war chest to consider  BEFORE coming here. There is zero evidence at this moment of time that anyone else was offered the job before DH.  It is likely that the other names would not fit into our structure.
 Yes, I wanted Hughton for sure, but you know what, we now have a real chance of watching Walsh and Morrell flourish as youth will be given a chance, and that’s not a bad thing.  We will have a new coaching team, and after initial frustration I am getting my head round it. 
what will be will be. 

14 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Well yes, apart from the fact that what he said was full of contradictions and quite probably contained a few outright lies. Easy to come across ok if you ignore the truth. 

Where did he lie?

The only thing I picked up was the number of times where he reiterated he had done what the Lansdown family had asked him to do which did seem a bit ass-covery about the whole process, if it goes wrong I can see them all pointing the finger at eachother on that basis. Other than that I don't think he said anything that anyone else in his position would'nt have done at any other club in the country.

38 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Fascinating interview.

Thought, despite his best attempts, he sounded rattled and defensive.

Many of his answers lacked transparency and he sounds under pressure.

I think the fans backlash has taken them by surprise, which says a lot really. 

The way he's sold this appointment means that his neck is on the line if it goes wrong.

11 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

In defence of Mark Ashton he has said tonight and in the past that the head coach has final say on incomings, he said no one else was offered the job before DH despite protestations on here and else where that was the case.  It is another matter altogether if the likes of Hughton wanted some war chest to consider  BEFORE coming here. There is zero evidence at this moment of time that anyone else was offered the job before DH.  It is likely that the other names would not fit into our structure.
 Yes, I wanted Hughton for sure, but you know what, we now have a real chance of watching Walsh and Morrell flourish as youth will be given a chance, and that’s not a bad thing.  We will have a new coaching team, and after initial frustration I am getting my head round it. 
what will be will be. 

Put it this way...I would never buy a used car from Ashton, let alone believe what he claims and purports to be the truth. He is a spin doctor, who relies on the gullibility of people to advance his own agenda. You only have to listen to the evasive nature of his answers to realise he cannot be trusted IMHO.

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Just imagining SL in MA's seat on Twentyman today... He nearly lost it the last time with GT's questions. Went into an I've put millions into this club rant

That was when GT questioned SL about appointing LJ. It was something along the lines of “why have you appointed someone no one else in this division would?”.

Ironic the same question stands today.

21 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The way he's sold this appointment means that his neck is on the line if it goes wrong.

Yes maybe - perhaps why he was also slightly evasive when answering the question about the expectation of Holden, league position wise.

30 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Where did he lie?

I know for a fact he lied about Holden only deciding to release Korey Smith recently and how the club couldn’t have acted any faster. I heard that decision was made on 21 July, which is almost three weeks ago. 

The lying slime ball also said that they didn't have anyone in mind when LJ was sacked. It's not the way the club and the Lansdowns operate.

Oh really, what about when they got rid of Cott's then, with the boy wonder already waiting in the wings!!?

All two faced liers, MA and the Lansdowns.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Wondering how many experienced managers would consider a club that didn't want Chris Hughton.

Cook and Hughton would be off the list for a start

No, we sounded out a message today

Small ambition, small club still

I can’t see anything but the same process again next summer if/when DH goes to be honest. The structure of the club clearly needs to fundamentally change to get a a Hughton in and plus as you have quite rightly said the bigger names probably won’t be interested in the job anyway.

When this all goes t*ts up, and it will surely Ashton has to cop it. Also watching Jon Lanadown interview he is like a rabbit in headlights. If it wasn't down to Daddy giving him a job does anyone think he would be in a senior management position? More likely stocking shelves in Tesco, no offence to anyone who does this sterling job!!

3 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Just imagining SL in MA's seat on Twentyman today... He nearly lost it the last time with GT's questions. Went into an I've put millions into this club rant

He did and in Kevin Keegan voice - he went right down in my estimation when he said that

Not sure if that was the trigger for me to start looking at football finances.  I am grateful for his millions, but it’s not all throwaway is it....he’s got a bloody big asset as a result.

26 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Great listening, the point gary owers made about koreys treatment very true.

A thankyou from the club for his services wouldnt have gone amiss.

Cant wait to hear ashton squirm!

They did post a report and said just that.. unless it's been taken down... Cannot be arsed to look now.

There's definitely a big problem with Ashton not being able to address the issues properly, which is very poor for someone in his position.

For instance, there seemed to be a refusal to admit that the club should have done better communication wise.  This has arguably been the biggest problem over the last 5 weeks, resulting in significant damage to the fan/club relationship and undermining DH before he's started. 

Archived