IGNORED

So so sad

Ivorguy

I saw my first match back in the 1950/51 season and therefore the familiar City fans’ refrain of ‘same old, same old’ resonates with me.

Only once during these 70 years have City made it into the top flight; and then fell like a stone, in successive seasons, to the lowest league.  Since promotion from Division 4 to Division 3, I have dreamed of our climb back to the top.  Instead we have yo-yo’d between the third and second tiers.  We seem happiest in the top half of the third.

For 25 of these years, next year, SL has been deeply involved with the club.  He has consistently over promised and under achieved.  Yes, we now have Bristol Sport, and SL his CBE, but poor old BCFC look no nearer playing in the top flight.

Let’s all hope Holden and crew are indeed the long awaited messiahs.  I want to believe they are, but I am having great trouble convincing myself that this will indeed be the case.

So so sad, and same old, same old.

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I saw my first match back in the 1950/51 season and therefore the familiar City fans’ refrain of ‘same old, same old’ resonates with me.

Only once during these 70 years have City made it into the top flight; and then fell like a stone, in successive seasons, to the lowest league.  Since promotion from Division 4 to Division 3, I have dreamed of our climb back to the top.  Instead we have yo-yo’d between the third and second tiers.  We seem happiest in the top half of the third.

For 25 of these years, next year, SL has been deeply involved with the club.  He has consistently over promised and under achieved.  Yes, we now have Bristol Sport, and SL his CBE, but poor old BCFC look no nearer playing in the top flight.

Let’s all hope Holden and crew are indeed the long awaited messiahs.  I want to believe they are, but I am having great trouble convincing myself that this will indeed be the case.

So so sad, and same old, same old.

I can't argue with that.

We have just gone backwards imo.

Again, no disrespect to the guys appointed, but massive disrespect towards Ashton and his grip on total control of the club.

Archived