IGNORED

Season Ticket SEATS - Covid & Possible Refund?

Antman

have I missed any announcement on the start of this upcoming season yet?

are they offering the same refund option (hidden under all the waffle) with watch online options etc.

we are not going to be allowed in the stadium by the start of the new season, so how on earth are they going to manage this? as approval for actual physical attendance will likely kick in mid season (here's hoping)

IF....the Deano manager thing happens, I don't doubt a fair chunk of people will think, **** it, and expect/demand a refund, which will no doubt have repercussions on the balance sheet and end up with SL tightening the belt even more than he is going to .

He'll have to get by on a few million less I suppose - tough times.

If we are not able to watch ALL matches this season, do you think the club will allow us to retain our season ticket 'seat' for 2021/2022 season and get a refund for this season?

I am very disappointed with the appointment of Dean Holden, so this makes me even more tempted to potentially accept a refund if the offer is there. I can't see us being able to attend ALL games this season as mentioned...

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

I wish everyone would seek a refund and hit them where it hurts. Unfortunately people will just go along with the circus that is BCFC no matter what.

Why would i want to hit them where it hurts? Because you are unhappy with a head coach appointment? 

Just now, GTFABM said:

Why would i want to hit them where it hurts? Because you are unhappy with a head coach appointment? 

I'm unhappy for being taken a fool. I'm unhappy of no communication for the last 6 weeks. I'm unhappy at being treated like a customer. I'm unhappy of being made promises yet for the same mistakes to be made time and time again. I'm unhappy at being treated like a ******* idiot by the slimey bastard that is Mark Ashton. I'm just unhappy so won't be bothering till I ( if) get that love back.

I have some cracking seats that I don't want to lose, but I also understand that I will not be able to attend all games due to COVID, so due to my own financial situation, I would be tempted to accept a refund . Surely the club will honour a refund in view of that and keep 'your seats' available so we can renew when we can ACTUALLY attend ALL games?

6 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I'm unhappy for being taken a fool. I'm unhappy of no communication for the last 6 weeks. I'm unhappy at being treated like a customer. I'm unhappy of being made promises yet for the same mistakes to be made time and time again. I'm unhappy at being treated like a ******* idiot by the slimey bastard that is Mark Ashton. I'm just unhappy so won't be bothering till I ( if) get that love back.

You are treated like a customer because sadly thats what you/i are.... tesco don’t tell you when they have interviewed for a new store manager? Football is not and never will be what it used to be

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

You are treated like a customer because sadly thats what you/i are.... tesco don’t tell you when they have interviewed for a new store manager? Football is not and never will be what it used to be

Yeah, bang on. We are all customers. None of us have any say at all. Until one of us becomes a billionaire and buys the club, we never will. Simple as that. 

Email Sent:-

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope you are well,

Can you please advise me what my options are for the coming season (2020/2021) in view of COVID-19.

At this time, it is likely that Season Ticket Holders will be unable to attend ‘ALL FIXTURES’ for the 2020/2021 season.

Therefore, will you be offering a refund option?, but continue to “secure our season ticket seats” for when we are able to attend ALL matches? Wouldn’t it be fair to refund Season Ticket Holders (who request a refund), but guarantee there selected seats for when ALL fans can return to ALL matches? Maybe, you should offer Season Ticket Holders a refund option, and then to purchase their “season ticket seat”, on a match by match basis, subject to availability of numbers that are allowed in the stadium, during Covid-19.

It is my view, that our club can not continue to collect direct debits, or hold onto Season Ticket Full Payments, in view that we are unable to attend ‘ALL MATCHES’ for the coming season,

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible,

Kindest Regards

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope you are well,

Can you please advise me what my options are for the coming season (2020/2021) in view of COVID-19.

At this time, it is likely that Season Ticket Holders will be unable to attend ‘ALL FIXTURES’ for the 2020/2021 season.

Therefore, will you be offering a refund option?, but continue to “secure our season ticket seats” for when we are able to attend ALL matches? Wouldn’t it be fair to refund Season Ticket Holders (who request a refund), but guarantee there selected seats for when ALL fans can return to ALL matches? Maybe, you should offer Season Ticket Holders a refund option, and then to purchase their “season ticket seat”, on a match by match basis, subject to availability of numbers that are allowed in the stadium, during Covid-19.

It is my view, that our club can not continue to collect direct debits, or hold onto Season Ticket Full Payments, in view that we are unable to attend ‘ALL MATCHES’ for the coming season,

Kindest Regards

I would love other Season Ticket Holder to send a similar email, so we get a response from the club,

Afterall, we are CUSTOMERS.....

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope you are well,

Kindest Regards

If you get a reply I would be interested to see what they say

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

So you want to give up your season ticket benefits and have a full refund let want the club to hold your seats for when your ready! I hope they tell you to do one, you are deluded 

Exactly that fella, why should the club hold onto our money, when we can not attend matches? Would you go to tesco and buy Baked Beans and not pick up the tin for a couple of months - pmsl - deluded....?

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Exactly that fella, why should the club hold onto our money, when we can not attend matches? Would you go to tesco and buy Baked Beans and not pick up the tin for a couple of months - pmsl - deluded....?

They will give you your options once confirmation fans cannot attend. Are we going to turn all our bitterness onto tickets now holden is done?

Just now, frenchred said:

They will give you your options once confirmation fans cannot attend. Are we going to turn all our bitterness onto tickets now holden is done?

Holden in or out...

It's a valid argument of whether the club should continue to hold onto our money / continue to collect direct debits, for a service they can not provide, 

I booked a couple of festivals, they were cancelled. I had the option to re-book for next year or get a refund. The same should apply.

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

I'm not sure Holden comes into it. Doesn't for me, although he's not an inspiring appointment is he? Doesn't make me feel generous towards the club, who seem, to me, to be treating us like mugs.

Fact is, we're not going to be attending games any time soon...it's about time the club set out its plans. They've had £1000 from me and I've no idea what it is that that buys. 

10 minutes ago, frenchred said:

So you want to give up your season ticket benefits and have a full refund let want the club to hold your seats for when your ready! I hope they tell you to do one, you are deluded 

5 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Just now, frenchred said:

But the festivals have been rescheduled, the football hasn't. Holden in

Now who is deluded - :laugh:, 

Seriously, the club can not hold onto / continue to collect money, for a service they can not provide. 

They should provide options and quick. I usually pay upfront but decided on DD this year. I do not want to pay each month, when I can not attend. Simples. 

6 minutes ago, frenchred said:

That’s not what he/she said, though, is it? At the point the Club is in a position to keep its side of the contract -i.e. allow admission to ALL home games - it’s reasonable for the club to ask people to make a decision and pay for whatever’s left of the season. So it’s not when @Tomois ready, it's when circumstances dictate.

The club could take the decision to act as Tomo suggests, as a goodwill gesture. Or it could try to make it difficult to get a refund and penalise those who choose that option. I know what a business that had any genuine concern for customer care would do.

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

It wasn't shite coverage. 

Not the same as going to the game but to be fair the did a good job. 

It depends how you look at it. If you are a regular Pay Per View for Boxing etc and you are happy with BCTV, then fair enough.

I can't even recall what my season cost for this season, but lets say it works out £18 a game. I don't want to watch the games (home and away) for £9 a game. I may as well sit in the garden, clean the car, and get reasonable Radio Bristol Commentary for FREE, and then watch some highlights thereafter. Afterall, the streams are about 20-30 seconds behind regardless, so I may be cheering or massively depressed before those watching online anyway!

Refund Options Please - Covid Calls for it!

I am prepared to let my s/t roll over to 21/22 season if they agree to freeze the price at what I've already paid. I've no great desire to mix with crowds at football until we have a vaccine. Not all fans can afford to do this of course. 

So which would you rather have.....COVID or HOLDEN?  Both sound as bad as one another.

If they can't let you into games they have to refund your money or offer you an acceptable alternative.  They will do that when they know more about when fans can legally and safely return to stadiums.

But if they have to return ticket money, then you can't be surprised if they go for the cheaper managerial option, especially when they are furloughing other staff or making them redundant.

Archived