Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Season Ticket SEATS - Covid & Possible Refund?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BCFC Grim said:

I wish everyone would seek a refund and hit them where it hurts. Unfortunately people will just go along with the circus that is BCFC no matter what.

It has been a circus at board level....but I’m comfortable with the appointment of Holden.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BCFC Grim said:

I wish everyone would seek a refund and hit them where it hurts. Unfortunately people will just go along with the circus that is BCFC no matter what.

I like my seat I like the people sat near me... I support the club, yes I am underwhelmed by the appointment of deano but I will give him my backing.

good luck to all of you voting with your wallet, it’s your choice 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They will offer options shortly no doubt - likely to be on a similar basis to how it was for end of last season. In which case I think a lot more will take the refund and wait to see what happens before paying for games. 

Personally id like for club to keep my money and move my ST for 21-22. Then I can decide what games to watch on bcfctv or whatever it’s called. I would go back to games now if given the choice but I can’t see that happening sadly (as long as you don’t have to wear mask).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frenchred said:

So you want to give up your season ticket benefits and have a full refund let want the club to hold your seats for when your ready! I hope they tell you to do one, you are deluded 

What are you talking about? You’ve paid for a product that the club literally can not provide you with. Of course you should have a refund whilst maintaining your option on that seat. 

It’s getting on for six months since I paid in full for 2020/21 season and it’s not looking likely we will be able to attend games during that time. Why shouldn’t I get my money back when the club can’t provide me with what I’ve paid for? 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frenchred said:

So you want to give up your season ticket benefits and have a full refund let want the club to hold your seats for when your ready! I hope they tell you to do one, you are deluded 

Why? What if someone has lost their job due to Covid so is really in need of that money? But hopefully the jobs market will have picked up by early next year should people who have been pushed into financial hardship by this pandemic lose all rights to their seat for the season after just because they need the money? 

I will not be seeking a refund as I do not need the money currently, but if offered I will take it and I have no desire to keep my seat for the season after as frankly I am considering chucking the towel in and giving up on City all together. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

They will offer options shortly no doubt - likely to be on a similar basis to how it was for end of last season. In which case I think a lot more will take the refund and wait to see what happens before paying for games. 

Personally id like for club to keep my money and move my ST for 21-22. Then I can decide what games to watch on bcfctv or whatever it’s called. I would go back to games now if given the choice but I can’t see that happening sadly

With my ticket, each Robins TV game cost about £12.5 , that's before you take into account the games on Sky. If I paid per game it would be £10 each, so I will probably take the refund when available . I can't see crowds back until there is a vaccine, and even the 30% attendance has it's own problems. The Gov already backtracked on an early return to live sport, rumours of a second wave when schools return etc. There must be a real doubt over this entire season, it would seem the sensible option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Why? What if someone has lost their job due to Covid so is really in need of that money? But hopefully the jobs market will have picked up by early next year should people who have been pushed into financial hardship by this pandemic lose all rights to their seat for the season after just because they need the money? 

I will not be seeking a refund as I do not need the money currently, but if offered I will take it and I have no desire to keep my seat for the season after as frankly I am considering chucking the towel in and giving up on City all together. 

Great post. I run my own events business and still unable to trade. Spot on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think all clubs will have to issue refunds to season ticket holders. What are the options TV Package I'm not paying £500 to watch it on TV. If only 5,700 fans are allowed in per game how could that work I am unable to get to evening matches due to work so if i was chosen for evening game i couldn't go anyway. People would want to see the bigger more attractive matches so this wouldn't be fair which ever way it was done.  So through no fault of our Club the future looks bleak at the moment and they will have to issue refunds for services not provided I am sure this is why we went for the cheap option for Manager

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, frenchred said:

So you want to give up your season ticket benefits and have a full refund let want the club to hold your seats for when your ready! I hope they tell you to do one, you are deluded 

Why?

If we cannot attend next year, why shouldn’t we receive a refund? It’s ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

The club holding your seat over to 2021/22 is just the decent thing to do, surely?

What have I missed?

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, frenchred said:

So you want to give up your season ticket benefits and have a full refund let want the club to hold your seats for when your ready! I hope they tell you to do one, you are deluded 

I don't think so French, it looks like we may not be a allowed back for a season so they will have to issue refunds as they are not (through no fault of their own) suppyling the services paid for. So why shouldn't we keep our season ticket benefits ? 

Edited by westonred
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Abingdon Red said:

Has any other club announced what they are doing on this yet? It are they all waiting for the fixtures to be confirmed?

No one knows yet until the Government have decided if its a total lock out or whether a limited number of fans will be allowed in some season ticket holders are going to miss out we cant all get in. Hence why it is reasonable to ask for a refund

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tomo said:

If we are not able to watch ALL matches this season, do you think the club will allow us to retain our season ticket 'seat' for 2021/2022 season and get a refund for this season?

I am very disappointed with the appointment of Dean Holden, so this makes me even more tempted to potentially accept a refund if the offer is there. I can't see us being able to attend ALL games this season as mentioned...

Thoughts?



 

They know the feeling of the fans, and what most people will now do, so will probably not give refund as an option.😡

Link to post
Share on other sites

To me it’s quite simple. Some people will have economic reasons for refunds, fair enough. Some are having a giddy fit and throwing SC out of pram. Fine, your choice.

Most of us will support our football club, and see about 2 in 3 games at a guess. Until capacity exceeds existing number of SC holders, no more SC’s should be sold. Why should the loyal fans effectively be penalised if the club does well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Why are you all so concerned about retaining your seat if you ask for a refund? Lots of people on here have said they won't be going again (when we can) so there will be buddles of seats to chose from.

Perhaps even in the dugout 😂

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mossey said:

They know the feeling of the fans, and what most people will now do, so will probably not give refund as an option.😡

I think they will find themselves in court of they charge customers for a service they are unable to provide. I believe it's called fraud.

Yes, we are customers, not fans and the football club must be run as a business.  Their words, not mine.

Any business that charges top prices and provides a second rate service over time finds that their 'customers' go elsewhere. There are a lot of other things they can do on a Saturday afternoon.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, westonred said:

I don't think so French, it looks like we may not be a allowed back for a season so they will have to issue refunds as they are not (through no fault of their own) suppyling the services paid for. So why shouldn't we keep our season ticket benefits ? 

Because you won't be season ticket holders?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

23 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I think they will find themselves in court of they charge customers for a service they are unable to provide. I believe it's called fraud.

Yes, we are customers, not fans and the football club must be run as a business.  Their words, not mine.

Any business that charges top prices and provides a second rate service over time finds that their 'customers' go elsewhere. There are a lot of other things they can do on a Saturday afternoon.

When did they use these words.....?  Any link?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, frenchred said:

Because you won't be season ticket holders?

Ive been a season ticket holder for over 45 years and I am paying for next seasons via Standing order however i will cancel this if Covid stops us going to the games, i don't fancy paying over £500 to watch BCTV  If i cannot attend the games which is not my fault nor the clubs granted i do expect my season ticket benefits to apply the next time we are allowed back into the ground

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...