IGNORED

Is It Really Just A 12 Month Contract?

Tomo

7 hours ago, redstu said:

I give it 3 months max

I think as long as we are clear of the bottom 3 and not in danger of going down DH will get a free reign, the goalposts have obviously changed re promotion, no crowds for the foreseeable so less pressure. 

There is something I like about Holden. Maybe it's just me, but he handles himself very well. He looks the part. He has already made 2 very bold decisions and I think he looks a far stronger mentally than LJ. He definately believes in his abilities. 

If he is true to his word and puts out a side like the way he describes in his first interview, and we play a better brand of football, is that worth an extra season even if it's not "table progression"?

Personally I am not worried about the 12 month rolling. I think he will get at least 2 seasons to build upon the foundations laid. 

Maybe I am being very optimistic, but actually think this might work. 

9 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Scandalously I was wrong. He was given the 4 years at the end of last season. May 2019.

So we're paying off three years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48382887

Yes, and before this, SL extended LJ's contract in December 2016, by a year, as we were setting off on a club record run of consecutive league defeats and fans wanted him out, bedsheets were flapping in the wind from bridges, and the likes of Tomlin (and others? Who knows?) were seen to be under-mining the rookie head coach. Quite flagrantly at times (ie Huddersfield away).

This was seen as SL showing full support for LJ and seeing off any question of a change in head coach.

SL really believed in LJ. 

28 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

There is something I like about Holden. Maybe it's just me, but he handles himself very well. He looks the part. He has already made 2 very bold decisions and I think he looks a far stronger mentally than LJ. He definately believes in his abilities. 

If he is true to his word and puts out a side like the way he describes in his first interview, and we play a better brand of football, is that worth an extra season even if it's not "table progression"?

Personally I am not worried about the 12 month rolling. I think he will get at least 2 seasons to build upon the foundations laid. 

Maybe I am being very optimistic, but actually think this might work. 

We’ve been optimistic before and it’s ended in failure. So now the majority of fans are pessimistic surely the only way is up. I’m quietly confident that there will be progression this season and that we may be pleasantly surprised.

I think 12 month contract is a great idea given his lack of experience and I was pleased he wasn’t given 3 years or something bigger. 

It gives DH the carrot to do well, as another lucrative contract could be obtained, it also means the club aren’t paying out a load of cash should he fail and get sacked.

Yes the risk is if he does well then another club could poach him but surely that’s no bad thing as he would have been successful.

Archived