IGNORED

Holdens First Interview

Unan

It's a either a fantastic opportunity for him or a poison chalice, either way he would be mad not to take it.

He sounds hungry and desperate to do well, if it goes pear shaped it will not be his fault in my opinion.

Of course if things go well and he earns the respect of the fans, they will be more likely to stick by him thick or thin.

Time to pull together.

11 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

It's a either a fantastic opportunity for him or a poison chalice, either way he would be mad not to take it.

He sounds hungry and desperate to do well, if it goes pear shaped it will not be his fault in my opinion.

Of course if things go well and he earns the respect of the fans, they will be more likely to stick by him thick or thin.

Time to pull together.

Agreed. I don’t like it, the communication has been appalling and the club clearly think we are fools but Holden has done nothing but be offered and accept a job. I am pissed off he was offered it but I wish him well and he will get my full support. 

Feel sorry for the guy. Pretty sure he'll be aware of the negativity surrounding his appointment. If he doesn't hit the ground running he'd be in for a difficult time if we had any supporters in the ground. However it's a payday I guess and I've taken the job in his position, why not?

Now, when do I get to find out how to refund my season tickets?

In fairness to him, more so on the Twentyman interview, he fully acknowledges that he’s not the popular choice, and he understands that. 
I like that. It’s hard to move on without understanding and acknowledging a problem, and he’s done that straight off the bat. 

Not everyone’s choice, but time to move on now. It’s done. 
I support City through whatever, and I want Dean to succeed. So I’m 100% behind him. 

Like Davefevs has mentioned a few times, I did see some things that I liked in those last 5 games. Particularly formation, possession and effort (a difficult thing to get in those dead-rubber games). 

Come on Deano, do your best and prove all the doubters wrong (of which I was one, but I’m fully behind you now). 

23 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

Time to pull together.

Is it mad not to take a poison chalice?!

(Ignore me)

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What a great interview. I like the style he says he wants to play. Well we saw it I thought in parts of those 5 games.

I think we learned from LJ that talk is cheap. Let's wait and see how the team does under him. Ashton says he has been appointed to take us to the next level. Let's see what happens.

Definitely not my (or many others) choice but thought he spoke very well - don’t blame him for giving it a go and  if this interview is anything to go by,he will be honest in his assessment(s) moving forward.

The 12 month contract is quite telling for me though......almost as if SL just wants to get through the next 12 months and then re-assess!

He has already made a couple of brave decisions - JMac and KS both being released.....

With Fam and NE on their way, let’s see if the Board trust him with some money to spend

Archived