IGNORED

Holdens First Interview

Unan

9 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Good luck to him.  No blame for his appointment should fall on him, of course he will take the opportunity and I hope it goes brilliantly.

If it doesn't, the blame should squarely fall on the king of spin and the owner.

Absolutely peed off with the ongoings of the last few weeks , the spin that having interviewed everyone bar Klopp and Guardiola , Holden was obviously by far the outstanding candidate is just taking the piss 

BUT having seen the interviews he’s done I feel there may be something there , not at all naive , been around too long, but there’s a gritty determination and belief and he has some decent influences he must have learnt from , willing to give him a chance , but the next few weeks will be important, can we retain at least one of the two so called on their way out and that we as he said bring a few in .

Also wonder  if the two England youth guys could mean a couple of top loans that were connected to their England set ups .

Anyway will give him a chance as it’s done , and however peed off I am still want us to do well , by the end definitely wanted Johnson out big time , terrible football , no plan , and frankly didn’t like the guy, so prove us all wrong Dean if you can 

While I disagree with the appointment and am flabbergasted at the bullshit we're supposed to accept from a bloke I definitely wouldn't buy a car off, Dean comes across as honest and has made no promises he is unable to keep. The appointment of 2 experienced men to work with him is sensible.

Now he is our head coach, I will back him 100%, Ashton on the other hand can do one, if he told me orange was orange i wouldn't believe him! 

As expected didn't learn a great deal from that interview. He sounded quite honest and direct which i like. Hopefully on the pitch he delivers the style he says he wants to play. Here's hoping he can prove people wrong, trying to be positive if he makes a few tweaks and gets the players in a consistent system then why can't they improve on last year in performance and results? It is a fantastic opportunity for him and let's see.

Echo what has been said - no problem with Holden and fair enough I wasn’t in the interviews so don’t know the full details - but I just can’t imagine, of all the options out there, he was the outstanding candidate. Not for one minute.

If the process was that rigorous, well I seriously doubt the process.

If Holden is such an unearthed diamond, why did MA and SL not realise this before, he’s been here for years?

I still don’t know if this is an SL overlord appointment or MA has sold Holden to SL....I’d love to know.

If it’s SL he’s still not learning from his mistakes.

If it’s MA, his ego, like SL, is getting the better of him. This appointment smacks of an arrogant need to ‘forge a new path’, ‘be ahead of the curve’, ‘try something different’ or some other Ashtonism - I wonder if the accolades from the national press of how well Bristol City is being run has got to their heads, they’re already writing the headlines.....”Mark Ashton, (the chief exec of the year) with Steve Lansdown, (winner of the best chairman in the football league award) hailed for the vision to unearth manager of the year, Dean Holden, who against the odds, leads Bristol City to promotion to the premier league”.

Then they wake up in a cold sweat in bed....

EDIT - sorry if i’ve moaned on a positive thread.

33 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I think we learned from LJ that talk is cheap. Let's wait and see how the team does under him. Ashton says he has been appointed to take us to the next level. Let's see what happens.

Since LJ I don't go by interviews,Like holdens interview hes saying what the fans want to here it's about getting you on his side.. I'm more bothered with what happens on the football field.Anybody can be proud he's made a step up in his career.. let's see what happens but I'm still stunned he come out tops in the interviews over more experienced candidates.

25 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

Very good interview. Speaks well. Zero bullshit. I like him and really hope he succeeds.

This is the single biggest plus for me.

LJ's had a term for the bullshit he spouted, box-entries, etc. Ultimately made it very difficult to take him seriously, especially when blaming players. Hopefully Holden can get the team aspect re-intergrated in the squad mentaility, he's by all accounts a semi-decent man manager - so immediately better than LJ in that respect already.

Up front, lose or win as a team. Good Start. Let's see what kind of signing's we're now linked with, we need to get a CB, RB, and CM as priorities imo.

Spoke well ... but he knows if he doesn’t start well the fans will be on the clubs back pretty quickly ... also a 12month contract tells me the club almost expect it to be short term ? Not exactly putting a lot of faith in him ? 

17 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

12 month contract so they don't have to pay out much compo soon

That point actually annoys me slightly as well. Doesn’t show much faith really and if he doesn’t succeed then doesn’t give him much of a buffer.  Appreciate we are not a charity at all and no one forced him to accept but if MA and JL are so certain he is the right man then they should’ve stretched to at least a 2 year deal imo, indeed MA sounded almost embarrassed I thought when asked about it earlier on GTs Show. 

Good luck Deano, like most of us now you are here I’ll be rooting for you to be a success 100%. 

Here's the full press conference - it goes a bit odd after about 16 or 17 minutes when Mark Ashton keeps going on about Dean Holden being chosen because he is a 'human'. Not once but about five times. This guy is now in stratospheric levels of bullshit. Also lies about Downing's Championship promotion experience (again).

1 hour ago, Harry said:

In fairness to him, more so on the Twentyman interview, he fully acknowledges that he’s not the popular choice, and he understands that. 
I like that. It’s hard to move on without understanding and acknowledging a problem, and he’s done that straight off the bat. 

Not everyone’s choice, but time to move on now. It’s done. 
I support City through whatever, and I want Dean to succeed. So I’m 100% behind him. 

Like Davefevs has mentioned a few times, I did see some things that I liked in those last 5 games. Particularly formation, possession and effort (a difficult thing to get in those dead-rubber games). 

Come on Deano, do your best and prove all the doubters wrong (of which I was one, but I’m fully behind you now). 

I support Holden and really hope he does well. 

I cannot support those higher up however. They have burnt their bridges for me. 

28 minutes ago, Olé said:

Here's the full press conference - it goes a bit odd after about 16 or 17 minutes when Mark Ashton keeps going on about Dean Holden being chosen because he is a 'human'. Not once but about five times. This guy is now in stratospheric levels of bullshit. Also lies about Downing's Championship promotion experience (again).

In the middle of two slimy snakes. 

57 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Why did Ashton feel the need to lie during this? He said “Keith Downing had twice been promoted, once with West Brom and once with Wolves” - when he was caretaker manager briefly at West Brom they finished 17th - they were not promoted under his watch and he was promoted from the 4th div as a player with Wolves, but MA spoke as though he’d done that as a coach ... very misleading ...

39 minutes ago, Olé said:

MA and JL look like there on trial, you can see the unease on their faces when questioned. The public gallery and jury are not convinced.

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why did Ashton feel the need to lie during this? He said “Keith Downing had twice been promoted, once with West Brom and once with Wolves”

Same question in the thread below! The best evidence I've found is he was a youth team coach at both clubs during a period each got promotion. Quite shameless level of lieing.

47 minutes ago, Olé said:

Ashton has a PhD in bullshitting, clearly a master of the art.

He’s a charlatan and has now fully revealed himself as part of this pantomime.

I almost feel sorry for DH. He’s like Charlie Bucket being given the keys to the chocolate factory but hasn’t a clue.

I genuinely don’t recall a time I have felt less connected or angry with our football club than as I do today.

1 hour ago, BristolCity1992 said:

Bristol Sounds interview was good. Maybe some slight digs at Johnson - Set up to win, can become to obsessed with the opposition and can affect the players, I won't bulshit in interviews with soundbites...or something like that can't remember exactly what he said. 

I thought that a slight dig at lj,praying that dean turns lj negative into a big attacking postive

Archived