IGNORED

Holdens First Interview

Unan

My biggest praise for the way he speaks is that he's very good at remembering his lines!

His BCTV and Twentyman interviews were almost verbatim the same. The same points made with almost exactly the same wording.

No doubt he rehearsed the script with his agent, and performed very well yesterday. 

Now lets see how he does with the football side of the job.

7 hours ago, ukneil said:

This is way off topic but - I do hope we don't have any supporters from any of the indigenous people's Nations of the Americas whom may take offense at your username.  I am not offended on their behalf but sympathetic to their opinions on this - I'm just saying like.

?

I've got a skinhead and I'm a red.  Anything else anyone takes from my username is down to them.  

Great band from back in the day though. ✊

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Anyone else annoyed by this already? ? how many times are we gonna hear it

Yeah it's a weird unquantifiable label.

And even if we assume it means he's determined to do things his own way, well we don't know that, do we? 

Has he been instructed that Palmer (our 'asset') must he integrated? Are Walsh and Morrell options for him, or mandatory? Will his closeness with the players limit his authority? Who knows? 

The biggest compliments we can give him are that he's comfortable dealing with the media, and he's not Lee Johnson. Everything else is conjecture at this point.

13 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Definitely not my (or many others) choice but thought he spoke very well - don’t blame him for giving it a go and  if this interview is anything to go by,he will be honest in his assessment(s) moving forward.

The 12 month contract is quite telling for me though......almost as if SL just wants to get through the next 12 months and then re-assess!

He has already made a couple of brave decisions - JMac and KS both being released.....

With Fam and NE on their way, let’s see if the Board trust him with some money to spend

I think 12 month/ rolling 12 months is a financial safety net for the club. It may have been a reason why other candidates were not happy to accept that as the deal. Just guessing.

I don’t think we are going to get the tactical, technical technicolour bullish!t we got from LJ which infuriated me.

He also sounds like he was in the cast of Shameless.

Good luck DH. Yer going to bloody need it.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He’s had terrible tragedy in his family life with the death of his young daughter, so I imagine he can handle most things.

Just watching the long YouTube interview.  Almost brutal in the way he stated it was his decision re Jamie McAllister.  Calm and measured but with a hard streak I reckon.

Omg - I didn’t know that about him. What a terrible tragedy. 

1 hour ago, supercidered said:

I think 12 month/ rolling 12 months is a financial safety net for the club. It may have been a reason why other candidates were not happy to accept that as the deal. Just guessing.

I don’t think we are going to get the tactical, technical technicolour bullish!t we got from LJ which infuriated me.

He also sounds like he was in the cast of Shameless.

Good luck DH. Yer going to bloody need it.

Good point.  We all think about manager salary, or transfer/playing budget, but job security is just as important.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Yeah it's a weird unquantifiable label.

And even if we assume it means he's determined to do things his own way, well we don't know that, do we? 

Has he been instructed that Palmer (our 'asset') must he integrated? Are Walsh and Morrell options for him, or mandatory? Will his closeness with the players limit his authority? Who knows? 

The biggest compliments we can give him are that he's comfortable dealing with the media, and he's not Lee Johnson. Everything else is conjecture at this point.

It’s a natural counter to all those fans who say he (or anyone else) is a “yes man”.  If one is weird, both are weird.

I thought Dean came across very well last night on Geoff’s show, sounded very passionate and spoke very well.

I am praying for a good start for Dean, he deserves some good fortune after what he has been through in the past!

Yes he was not my first choice, and still not happy with the board, but that is not Dean’s problem!

Get them playing well on the pitch Dean and give us something to cheer god knows we have missed that!!!

Archived