IGNORED

Sorry folks but this managerial appointment shows where Lansdown’s priorities are.

AshtonOldBoy

Well well well after nearly 6weeks now messrs Ashton and Lansdown have confirmed what we have all suspected for quite a while now they cud not run an egg and spoon race!!!

As a pair you have failed miserably to deliver the missing piece of the jigsaw that has been clearly evident to take us over the line!!!!

The appointment of the assistant manager of the manager who between them cud not motivate the players and played a brand of football that was robotic and quite frankly un watchable has completely deflated everyone that comes through the turnstiles and pays your wages.!!!

worse than this it has probably demotivated the players more so because I’m sure they have been crying out for a mr motivator!!!!

Shame on the pair of you this is the most embarrassing position the club has put itself in in my lifetime and you won’t be seeing the colour of my money for a very very long time.

In my opinion you have completely bottled this situation and have hid behind the covid pandemic knowing that you don’t have to face the wrath of the loyal supporters the whole shooting match has been a charade and it appears the pantomime season has come early!!!!!!!!

MA on the radio confirmed everything we already knew.... What a total and utter pack of lies we've been fed.

Unapologetic regarding communication. No hint of consideration for fans. 

If DH was the right candidate why take five weeks!!? And why only a one year contract. Total and utter balls

SL fed us hope, only to be given a fella that helped contribute to our failure

I'm genuinely considering asking for a refund for my two tickets in the "bullshitter stand"

If were skint, or other managers didn't want the job.. say that!!! You can't polish a turd, but MA has tried to roll it in glitter and it hasn't worked.

How can anyone justify sacking LJ and paying big compensation, only to appoint his number two!!! 

Stop bull shitting city, you're treating us like Muppets! 

This board is no longer fit for purpose. We don't deserve the lies and false hope

4 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

MA on the radio confirmed everything we already knew.... What a total and utter pack of lies we've been fed.

If DH was the right candidate why take five weeks!!? And why only a one year contract. Total and utter balls

I'm genuinely considering asking for a refund for my two tickets in the "bullshitter stand"

If were skint, or other managers didn't want the job.. say that!!! You can't polish a turd, but MA has tried to roll it in glitter and it hasn't worked.

How can anyone justify sacking LJ and paying big compensation, only to appoint his number two!!! 

This board is no longer fit for purpose. We don't deserve the lies and false hope

The club were never going to say “we interviewed Hughton but he is out of our price range, so was gerrard. Cook wanted more control than we were happy with so we went with Holden”. That is probably what happened but they are never going to come out and say that. To expect them to is crazy

6 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

The club were never going to say “we interviewed Hughton but he is out of our price range, so was gerrard. Cook wanted more control than we were happy with so we went with Holden”. That is probably what happened but they are never going to come out and say that. To expect them to is crazy

The point is the club told us bugger all. 

Just now, Robbored said:

were skint, or other managers didn't want the job.. say that!!! You can't polish a turd, but MA has tried to roll it in glitter and it hasn't worked.

thats what my reply was to......

Being both a Bristol City and Bristol Rugby supporter for 40 years tonight shows where Lansdown priorities are and that is developing Bristol Rugby in a top class rugby team domestically and in Europe. It’s a cheaper option. Look at the appointment manager wise when Lam was appointed, a manager already successful in Ireland and Europe to the appointment of Holden for City. Top stars in the Fijian, Sinclair and Pitiau  being signed on top salaries . Has he used the same criteria for BCFC no it would cost to much money. Instead he hopes for a cheaper option to gradually bring success. You can’t blame Lansdown for keeping a stranglehold on finance but is disappointing when he and Mark Ashton bring out the bullshit of premier football etc. 

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The club told us there was an outstanding range of candidates and LJ was sacked as he could not deliver promotion and we needed a “breath of fresh air” who could. Perhaps they believe Holden is the right person for that but, given people will have presumably bought season tickets on the strength of those statements, they do have a responsibility to explain how Holden fits that commitment...

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Yes, it means when they sack him at Xmas they won’t have to pay out to much compo.

Strange LJ was on a 4 year contract don’t you think.....

Not correct, as I understand it. A 12-month contract means it’s constantly rolling, rather than rolling on at the end of each year, meaning he always has 12 months left and subsequently will be due 12 months’ pay if he’s dismissed at any point.

Edit: on your second point, it would be interesting to know how the dynamics of Lee’s contract differed. I suspect four years’ worth protected the club in terms of compensation if he was poached, which he may well have  been if they’d had another good cup run/finished in the top six but not been promoted.

Hmmm. 

The chances of winning big titles with the bears are probably 20 times greater than with city, due to the relative standings of the clubs. Bristol rugby - big name / historically always around the top league vs City bouncing around tier 2/3.

Is it prioritisation or reality? Dunno

10 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Perhaps they believe Holden is the right person for that but, given people will have presumably bought season tickets on the strength of those statements, they do have a responsibility to explain how Holden fits that commitment...

Holden got the job because he knows and understands the restrictions placed by SLs ‘sustainability’ criteria whereas outside candidates did not and, who knows maybe even questioned it.........:dunno:

It ain’t really that complicated as to why Deano was appointed.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Holden got the job because he knows and understands the restrictions placed by SLs ‘sustainability’ criteria whereas outside candidates did not and, who knows maybe even questioned it.........:dunno:

It ain’t really that complicated as to why Deano was appointed.

Except MA didn't say that did he? I doubt you'll find it on the OS either btw. 

54 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

You have become the classic OTIB cliche in record time. Well done 

Archived