IGNORED

Shirt Launch

James54De

20 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Probably wait until we sign a player or two in order to launch officially?

Andre Gray publicly said he'd love to play for us, but after a thorough and rigorous interview with him, we've decided to sign Andrew Gay, who plays on the Downs....

Better hope the two England guys know a few stars from their squads who would like a crack at the Championship, because after the fiasco that's been going on here, we can kiss goodbye to any top level signings this season.

Hope Dean proves everyone wrong and has a great season, I just don't expect much from this season now to be honest.

Johnson was sacked for not getting us into the playoffs, at least, last season. Going by that, anything less than a good go at the top 6, we'll be looking for another head coach this time next year.

This was the time for the club to make a statement. Unfortunately the one they have made is, we're quite happy to take a chance on a cheaper option in the hope we can overachieve.

Just now, Taz said:

Andre Gray publicly said he'd love to play for us, but after a thorough and rigorous interview with him, we've decided to sign Andrew Gay, who plays on the Downs....

Better hope the two England guys know a few stars from their squads who would like a crack at the Championship, because after the fiasco that's been going on here, we can kiss goodbye to any top level signings this season.

Hope Dean proves everyone wrong and has a great season, I just don't expect much from this season now to be honest.

Johnson was sacked for not getting us into the playoffs, at least, last season. Going by that, anything less than a good go at the top 6, we'll be looking for another head coach this time next year.

This was the time for the club to make a statement. Unfortunately the one they have made is, we're quite happy to take a chance on a cheaper option in the hope we can overachieve.

We need experience, leadership, power and strength, particularly in our woefully unfit-for-purpose midfield.

A group of spotty teenagers ain’t going to address our on-the-field problems. So Mr Holden you’ve failed your interview. Next. 

46 minutes ago, RedRock said:

We need experience, leadership, power and strength, particularly in our woefully unfit-for-purpose midfield.

A group of spotty teenagers ain’t going to address our on-the-field problems. So Mr Holden you’ve failed your interview. Next. 

I dunno about that-depends who we sign. Age and power, strength isn't the be all and end all.

How old is/was Conor Gallagher- not saying we'd have a crack at loaning him but his age is such that he wouldn't fit the criteria yet he was excellent for Charlton and Swansea.

What's wrong with our midfield anyway? Technically sound for a start, individually for sure. I think how they were coached was an issue under LJ in particular- Henriksen is 6 ft and had 2 seasons of good Championship standard under his belt- didn't fit. LJ again?

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I dunno about that-depends who we sign. Age and power, strength isn't the be all and end all.

How old is/was Conor Gallagher- not saying we'd have a crack at loaning him but his age is such that he wouldn't fit the criteria yet he was excellent for Charlton and Swansea.

What's wrong with our midfield anyway? Technically sound for a start, individually for sure. I think how they were coached was an issue under LJ in particular- Henriksen is 6 ft and had 2 seasons of good Championship standard under his belt- didn't fit. LJ again?

I’d start by asking the opposite , what’s right with our midfield?

I’d struggle to identify any attribute.

There’s no chemistry, no leader, no ball winner, none with heading ability. None who dictate play, no fighters, none who can consistently play high intensity, regular games. 

Pato, when he turns up for one of his 1:4 decent games, can score goals but nobody else contributes. 

It’s absolutely appalling. Consistently overrun and overwhelmed in every match against physical teams. 

In my view, a situation well beyond inexperienced, mentally and physically lightweight players to resolve.

2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

There’s no chemistry, no leader, no ball winner, none with heading ability. None who dictate play, no fighters, none who can consistently play high intensity, regular games. 

Pato, when he turns up for one of his 1:4 decent games, can score goals but nobody else contributes. 

It’s absolutely appalling. Consistently overrun and overwhelmed in every match against physical teams. 

In my view, a situation well beyond inexperienced, mentally and physically lightweight players to resolve.

Okay fair.

I think they're good technically personally. That's a useful starting point- don't think there are cloggers.

Intensity is easier in a 3 than a 2, IMO. Dictate play, likewise more suited to a two than a three. I have also read though it's a small sample size, that a CM 3 presses more than a CM 2- collectively of course, but also individually- guess they need to cover less space.

Lack of goals is a problem I will grant you- is it one Walsh's return could help with?

Definitely a distinct lack of chemistry, but I partly blame LJ for this- the chopping and changing doesn't help with team chemistry full stop and especially not in midfield.

Outpassed and outmanouvered v technical teams too. See our possession stats v many. :) We have a liking to play or had a liking to play a central two under LJ- cannot have helped! If you look at this division, there is a reason why many sides do not.

25 minutes ago, RedRock said:

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay fair.

I think they're good technically personally. That's a useful starting point- don't think there are cloggers.

Intensity is easier in a 3 than a 2, IMO. Dictate play, likewise more suited to a two than a three. I have also read though it's a small sample size, that a CM 3 presses more than a CM 2- collectively of course, but also individually- guess they need to cover less space.

Lack of goals is a problem I will grant you- is it one Walsh's return could help with?

Definitely a distinct lack of chemistry, but I partly blame LJ for this- the chopping and changing doesn't help with team chemistry full stop and especially not in midfield.

Outpassed and outmanouvered v technical teams too. See our possession stats v many. :) We have a liking to play or had a liking to play a central two under LJ- cannot have helped! If you look at this division, there is a reason why many sides do not.

Yes, LJ - particularly as a midfielder - has a lot to answer for in creating this shambles.

Where I’ve got a major problem with Holden (and the interview process) is that he is part-culpable for creating this mess. This is something that has existed for 2 seasons plus, yet has got worse, not better. Where was he?

He can’t just say it was LJs fault. He was Assistant Head Coach. I get that he went with 3-5-2 and dropped CoD (who then came back in again) when he took over, but why didn’t he do anything to address the problem  under LJ?

6 hours ago, RedRock said:

Yes, LJ - particularly as a midfielder - has a lot to answer for in creating this shambles.

Where I’ve got a major problem with Holden (and the interview process) is that he is part-culpable for creating this mess. This is something that has existed for 2 seasons plus, yet has got worse, not better. Where was he?

He can’t just say it was LJs fault. He was Assistant Head Coach. I get that he went with 3-5-2 and dropped CoD (who then came back in again) when he took over, but why didn’t he do anything to address the problem  under LJ?

Agree, we keep hearing about how principled Dean is yet week after week we were shit, with no box entries. Whilst I appreciate lee had the final say on that , as a coach which player have our coaching team improved last season? If we could see continued improvement in players development you could cling to that as a reason to appoint dean - I wish him well but I just wish the board were honest. 

8 hours ago, RedRock said:

"You'll win nothing with kids" eh RR?

8 hours ago, Lrrr said:

First day of pre-season tomorrow they said so unless its already all been done they won't filming/photographing players in it tomorrow 

Was filmed last Friday I believe. That's what the Drones above the stadium were doing. 

16 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Did the thread title trick you into reading about something you are so disinterested in...? 

No .... just curiosity about why anyone would think it matters.

If a shirt launch excites you then fine - knock yourself out. 

Personally I  genuinely don't care what shirt we play in and I'm entitled to express my view on where shirt colour, cut, style, breathability, sponsors logos etc etc fits on my list of what I think is important to my club right now - and in my opinion the 'kin shirt is way way down the list. 

I don't ever recall a player saying he signed for anyone because he liked the shirt.

i also don't think CH said to MA  &JL in his interview "just the job for me fellas but sorry, the old shirt just doesn't do it for me"

If Dean manages keep us up this season I won't care what shirt we're wearing.

23 minutes ago, handballbygordonparr said:

Personally I  genuinely don't care what shirt we play in and I'm entitled to express my view on where shirt colour, cut, style, breathability, sponsors logos etc etc fits on my list of what I think is important to my club right now - and in my opinion the 'kin shirt is way way down the list. 

I don't ever recall a player saying he signed for anyone because he liked the shirt.

i also don't think CH said to MA  &JL in his interview "just the job for me fellas but sorry, the old shirt just doesn't do it for me"

Titled verrrrryyyy clearly. You clicked on it. 

7 hours ago, James54De said:

Titled verrrrryyyy clearly. You clicked on it. 

Um - yeh. Titled 'Shirt Launch'.

Clicked on it hoping somebody had seen an announcement from the club saying it had been cancelled - perhaps.

Not agreeing with something doesn't mean you shouldn't read it or be precluded from commenting on a forum about it. Supportive or otherwise.  The alternative would create a rather myopic view of the world.

7 hours ago, handballbygordonparr said:

But the release of a potential revenue stream surely has to be important to the club in the current economic climate.  What do you think should be ranking above it at the moment?  (bear in mind that multiple things can happen at once....shirt launch, looking for players, coaching the team......all important in their own ways)

9 hours ago, handballbygordonparr said:

Talk about an over reaction haha

On 11/08/2020 at 00:21, RedRock said:

For dictating play and ball winning, I give you Liam Walsh. Bring in an older experienced midfielder with the necessary know how, and that is a decent central two. 

Dont ask me who we bring in though, I don’t know whose out there. 

Archived