IGNORED

Shirt Launch

James54De

11 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

For dictating play and ball winning, I give you Liam Walsh. Bring in an older experienced midfielder with the necessary know how, and that is a decent central two. 

Dont ask me who we bring in though, I don’t know whose out there. 

Yep, a possibility. All a bit of ‘it may work’, a hope that extends right across the team. We really shouldn’t be  ‘hoping’ at this stage of the development of a squad/Club imo.

Why Walsh didn’t come back in early January so he could be integrated in the squad and it would now be ‘a will work or won’t work’ only LJ and his temperament will know. 

Taylor Moore as a defensive midfielder also ‘may work’. 

15 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Yep, a possibility. All a bit of ‘it may work’, a hope that extends right across the team. We really shouldn’t be  ‘hoping’ at this stage of the development of a squad/Club imo.

Why Walsh didn’t come back in early January so he could be integrated in the squad and it would now be ‘a will work or won’t work’ only LJ and his temperament will know. 

Taylor Moore as a defensive midfielder also ‘may work’. 

LJ for some strange reason didn’t seem to like him as a player, even stranger the fact he signed him! 

Perhaps it’s because he is a similar player to how LJ was, both neat and tidy, good at keeping the ball and keeping the ball moving, but Walsh has 100% more bottle than LJ ever had as a player. 

Just now, Portland Bill said:

LJ for some strange reason didn’t seem to like him as a player, even stranger the fact he signed him! 

Perhaps it’s because he is a similar player to how LJ was, both neat and tidy, good at keeping the ball and keeping the ball moving, but Walsh has 100% more bottle than LJ ever had as a player. 

I think - as I allude to - it may have been personalities more than footballing quality. 

49 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Stature wise, yes, but Walsh is a bit more than neat and tidy imo.

Also positive, aggressive, always looking to be creative, and has a good shot on him.

He's an exciting and entertaining player and one of the few things I'm currently looking forward to next season is Walsh being given an extended chance back at AG - and, of course, taking it.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Also positive, aggressive, always looking to be creative, and has a good shot on him.

We seem to have had a nasty habit of coaching this out of players in recent times.... Massengo a prime example. Let’s hope all that’s changed and our players play with freedom not fear. 

11 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

We seem to have had a nasty habit of coaching this out of players in recent times.... Massengo a prime example. Let’s hope all that’s changed and our players play with freedom not fear. 

Lets hope that was down to Johnson's over coaching. 

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

Yep, Massengo's first home game iirc, twice he was running at the opposition box at pace, played a one-two and continued running into the box to get his head on the end of the return pass, the headers going narrowly wide/saved.

What an exciting player he looked.

58 minutes ago, James54De said:

Lets hope that was down to Johnson's over coaching. 

Coaching seemingly far too negative and cautious if what we saw on the pitch was anything to go by.

In Massengo's case natural flair and confidence soon seen to be inhibited.

Archived