IGNORED

Jon Lansdown interview

ChippenhamRed

1 minute ago, Ron Swanson said:

I'm sorry but how have the PR team not looked at this before it went out on twitter and thought to themselves "hang on, he looks like he's about to burst in tears, lets do another shoot".

He always sounds like he’s about to cry. This time I think he might actually have been close.

Most people hate Mark Ashton but I think JL is the true problem with the club. Don’t like the guy. Don’t think he is very intelligent and has been handed the keys to Bristol City. He probably means well but he just doesn’t seem to have a clue from the few times I have heard him speak. 

I know, very negative here tonight but just my opinion. 

Judging by his and Ashton's interviews, it would not surprise me if both wanted Hughton but SL pulled rank. 

Neither of their body language or words, suggest they are particularly enthused by having to defend the appointment of Holden.

Would also explain why Hughton thought he had the job if MA/JL were giving him promising feedback. 

Just now, Smokey said:

Something about him I really don't like. Bloke comes across as a clueless ****.

He comes across as arrogant, with disdain for fans imo.

If he cant take the heat get out of the kitchen. He is one of the duo of Dumb and Dumber that has us at this point. Clueless. 

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Here’s a magnificent, Churchillian interview from Jon Lansdown, you’ll be blown away by the confidence shining out from every fibre of his being. An inspiration to us all on this proud day for our club I’m sure you’ll all agree. ?

Both him and Ashton literally word for word, even both refer to Holden as human!

So scripted its unreal. They don’t believe a word that comes out there own mouths.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Judging by his and Ashton's interviews, it would not surprise me if both wanted Hughton but SL pulled rank. 

Neither of their body language or words, suggest they are particularly enthused by having to defend the appointment of Holden.

Would also explain why Hughton thought he had the job if MA/JL were giving him promising feedback. 

Tbf this has Steve Lansdown written all over it. 

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

SL runs and owns this football club. As much as MA is an annoying slime ball, I don't believe for one minute that he appointed Dean Holden.

Completely agree.

I don’t think they even change the menu in the restaurant without SL saying what’s on it first.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Couldn’t agree with this more . Thought the same earlier. Both coming out with the standard sound bites....

As for JL....clearly out of his depth. Mark Ashton is number 2 at this club 

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Tbf this has Steve Lansdown written all over it. 

I just can’t square that with the Talksport interview.

Ashton said in his interview he recommended him to SL.

Think it’s more about MA wanting to retain power. 

Unbelievable Jeff. 

2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

I just can’t square that with the Talksport interview.

Ashton said in his interview he recommended him to SL.

Think it’s more about MA wanting to retain power. 

Unbelievable Jeff. 

SL could have been bullshitting?

Who owns BCFC? It's not Ashton

The more I consider it , the more I think this appointment is just about survival . Fans may not be allowed in for the whole season in reality and at the end of that , God knows how many EFL clubs will be gone forever . We’re not in the Prem So Gate money is critical . It’s also the first ever rolling contract I can recall at The Gate . This appointment is I think , temporary until we’re through the other side and will see who’s left . Sounds like Armageddon I know but who knows what the next 12 months hold ? 

Archived