IGNORED

Congratulations to Dean, Keith and Paul

reddogkev

I hope you all blend well together and help City to continue to develop in the Championship and also help our youth talent develop and push for the first team.

I'm excited to see how these three can all work together. 

Here's looking forwards to the new season under the new managerial / coaching direction.

I'm also pleased and satisfied that the ongoing management saga is finally sorted, in plenty of time for pre-season, and the new management team can start making plans for next season.

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I hope you all blend well together and help City to continue to develop in the Championship and also help our youth talent develop and push for the first team.

Here's looking forwards to the new season under the new managerial / coaching direction.

I'm also pleased and satisfied that the ongoing management saga is finally sorted, in plenty of time for pre-season, and the new management team can start making plans for next season.

You’ll live til you’re a 120 Kev ?

48 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Nicely put, and definitely the best route to take with difficult times ahead. I get the feeling that next season will be messy, disrupted, and some clubs won’t make it to the end, so just see what happens. 

Boy could they do with a gentle run of games to start the season!  

Brentford, Millwall, Preston, Swansea, Cardiff... Those games would not be nice for this new coaching team (or perfect to answer their critics?!)

52 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Have they even met each other before? The way Keith Downing describes it, he had no idea about the role until about 3-4 days ago. Maybe LJ left behind the selection tombola after all and Dean used it for his coaching picks!

That wasn’t funny even the first time I read it.

2 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Have they even met each other before? The way Keith Downing describes it, he had no idea about the role until about 3-4 days ago. Maybe LJ left behind the selection tombola after all and Dean used it for his coaching picks!

....and now we are moaning the assistants were appointed too quickly.  Only joking ???

I heard that too.

What I’m hoping is that Dean sounded out his old Shrewsbury boss Simpson and asked him if he fancied coming in and then said if we can get you out of the FA, what about Downing too, as I’ve met him on courses, he’s good.

4 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

I made the 3-4 day remark from Downing yesterday. A point that calls out Ashton as a tad more than a simple spin man. 

Downing was clearly not 'on message' with that off the cuff remark.. he won't last long under Ashton!!!!

8 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

I'm quietly confident (hoping) that DH has a bit more about him than we've given him credit for. It could well be that SL/MA whoever went into those interviews fully expecting to appoint Hughton but Holden blew them away with his positivity and his vision? I honestly think thats the reason for the delay

I don't think these assistant appointments are likely to be random, even if they might be a bit last minute. Why would Keith know about the role if DH wasn't offered the job until last week? They wouldn't make an official approach until they knew DH was their man.

9 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

It worked for One Direction

I think you’ve got something there, AshtonG.  Football at Championship and Premier League level is no longer a sport. It’s an entertainment based business. Perhaps Mark Ashton is using his expertise to adapt the City model to follow that used by the pop music industry. Going back as far as the 60s, with The Monkeys, successful groups have been formed from a random selection of individuals, where the sum is greater than the parts. One of the most successful examples was The Spice Girls and in the official City picture of Holden and his sidekicks, they are definitely posing in a Spice Girls way. I can imagine Holden going to see Ashton and asking for a new player:

“Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want”

Archived