IGNORED

Forever Bristol City: There are more Questions than Answers [recording of Monday's live Podcast]

headhunter

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-pz63u-e68689

Recording of Monday's live Podcast in which Adam, Steve, Ian, Les, DaveFevs and myself discuss the confirmation of Dean Holden as Head Coach, his choice of Assistants, how the board have managed and spun the recruitment process.

On a more positive note we discuss the composition of a Dean Holden starting 11 in his preferred 3-5-2 format - who starts, what are the must strengthen positions

17 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Listened to the majority of it live. Very good listen again. Sounded like a self help group come the end ?

I like that comment - it did feel a bit like that!!!

i'd recommend listeners to jump forward 30 minutes into the Pod as we start looking forward to next season; the early stuff on the whys and wherefores of Holden's appointment have been done to death this past 72 hours!

@headhunter & @Davefevs enjoyed  last nights thought it was well put together and interesting to hear views on team selection. I think it goes to show what an unbalanced and bloated squad we’ve got.

Not sure if you guys have a link into the club or something @Shtanleycould look into but would be interesting if one of Ashton or Lansdown would be prepared to join you to answer fan questions. Would certainly help improve relations between the fan base and club which I think we’ll all agree has deteriorated over recent seasons (I’m sure it wouldn’t happen)

Just for info, this pod is @headhunter’s baby.  I’m just fortunate to be asked to contribute having barged myself in on one of the early episodes.  I really enjoy it too.  Thanks Dave P.

Good suggestion. Imho.

Makes you wonder whether the club could be proactive and arrange one themselves doesn’t it.

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Whilst I’d given some constructive feedback on a previous topic; I hadn’t realised these were going out live. That’s quite impressive for a newish podcast without the benefits of being able to edit it.

Yep, live!

I’m sat there with Mac and IPad open (whilst on iPhone) with internet tabs open for player contracts (because Ian asks every week), games played, etc, plus lots of scribbles of things I think might be relevant.  I’ve no idea what question Headhunter is gonna put my way.  The other week he threw one at me from the online chat about Jackson Irvine.  Luckily I already knew a lot about him, so hopefully my answer sounded ok.

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, live!

I’m sat there with Mac and IPad open (whilst on iPhone) with internet tabs open for player contracts (because Ian asks every week), games played, etc, plus lots of scribbles of things I think might be relevant.  I’ve no idea what question Headhunter is gonna put my way.  The other week he threw one at me from the online chat about Jackson Irvine.  Luckily I already knew a lot about him, so hopefully my answer sounded ok.

Surprised that Lez didn't understand the concept of a one year rolling contract.

Just now, Notbarrymanc said:

Bit harsh, Lez’s contribution is really good

Not harsh at all, and I wasn't questioning his contribution (although I didn't listen to it all tbh as it seemed the discussions were repetitive of lots on here), he was making a point that giving DH a one year contract doesn't inspire confidence.

He isn't on a one year contract that will expire in one year.

He is on a rolling contract meaning that he always has one year remaining on his contract - that works well for both parties and makes good sense. I think someone else on the programme said similar.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Not harsh at all, and I wasn't questioning his contribution (although I didn't listen to it all tbh as it seemed the discussions were repetitive of lots on here), he was making a point that giving DH a one year contract doesn't inspire confidence.

He isn't on a one year contract that will expire in one year.

He is on a rolling contract meaning that he always has one year remaining on his contract - that works well for both parties and makes good sense. I think someone else on the programme said similar.

Well yes. But also it’s a 1 yr contact in its most literal sense. It’s one of the most common types of contracts in the business world. While a set period contract, like the traditional footballer contract, would be more of a project based solution in the real world. 

It makes lots of sense to give the rolling contract to DH, it gives both sides security and comfort, however it also exposes the fact that Ashton has approached the recruitment focused on damage limitation, which is an ominous sign. 

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, live!

All very impressive, Fevs ?

Good to hear the contrasting views on it too

22 hours ago, daored said:

@headhunter & @Davefevs enjoyed  last nights thought it was well put together and interesting to hear views on team selection. I think it goes to show what an unbalanced and bloated squad we’ve got.

Not sure if you guys have a link into the club or something @Shtanleycould look into but would be interesting if one of Ashton or Lansdown would be prepared to join you to answer fan questions. Would certainly help improve relations between the fan base and club which I think we’ll all agree has deteriorated over recent seasons (I’m sure it wouldn’t happen)

Probably the OSIB crew who seem to be in with the club to some extent. Happy to retain our independence.

Archived