IGNORED

With current events we have reach the nadir of the Lansdownian epoch.

southvillekiddy

At the lowest point in the “Lansdownian epoch” of Bristol City FC history, I wish a fond farewell to the many new “friends” I have made, since July 5th , six weeks ago, following LJ’s departure, when  giving my views on our owner and making my recommendations on how and who he should appoint as new manager. At the time most people still believed that he was sincere in wanting Premiership football.

My new “friends”  :  @Monkeh  @Port Said Red @Chappers @RoystonFoote'snephew @bcfcfinker @SecretSam     and especially @TonyTonyTony  and @WayOutWest

I wish you well if you are going to continue praising Steve Lansdown and his buffoons.

These lovely new friends expressed the view, sometimes in horrible personal childish terms, that I was wrong to criticise our esteemed billionaire for the way he has run our football Club. They were perfectly content with the interview process for a new manager (we now know it’s been the saddest, most shambolic example of interviewing in football) when I was urging SL to head-hunt Hughton or a noted foreign coach and do it decisively. I pointed out that If we genuinely wanted Premiership football we should head-hunt someone of that calibre and having done our homework offer them what was needed to reach our goal. My new “friends” urged me to be patient, that the “Board” knew what they were doing. Our owner was a successful business man, who was I to criticise him unless I was going to cough up millions of quids like him? They told me what a marvellous chap Steve Lansdown is in putting millions into our Club (while quietly increasing his ownership to 97%). I pointed out that SL had a poor record in appointing managers, with a success rate of 2 in 8, believing that this was because of his lack of football knowledge and his conservative attitude to those who might threaten his control ( I give you Steve Cotterill). I now add arrogance to the list of his faults in treating us fans with total contempt.

They said no, no, no, he’s a marvellous chap look at all he has done for us, where would we be without him?

Well we know now that we will not be in the Premiership while he is still around. It’s too intimidating for him to manage. He is therefore IMHO the single biggest obstacle to full success for BCFC.

It seems he gives more importance to Bristol Rugby (the tenants at the ground sustained for 125 years by BCFC fans) than to our Football Club, in signing an outstanding coach. Why is this? Arrogance, obstinacy?

This was such an opportunity he missed. I thought that capitalists, successful billionaire business men, were people that took advantage of a crisis, rather than running away from them. If our Club was so brilliantly run as my friends told me, we should have had the means to get a top coach more easily, without having to compete with other Clubs that were struggling more than us under Covid.

So our brave “Board”, who say yes to SL, have put a decent man in an invidious position (this has been done more cynically and cruelly than what happened to Tinnion, in my view) where it will be almost impossible for him to succeed, given the so-called Premiership ambitions.

So I wish my “friends” a jolly time with our Feudal Lord. Get ready for more kicks in the goolies.

I bid a fond adieu to people I genuinely respect on here

urggh urggh urggh.jpg

7 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

At the lowest point in the “Lansdownian epoch” of Bristol City FC history, I wish a fond farewell to the many new “friends” I have made, since July 5th , six weeks ago, following LJ’s departure, when  giving my views on our owner and making my recommendations on how and who he should appoint as new manager. At the time most people still believed that he was sincere in wanting Premiership football.

My new “friends”  :  @Monkeh  @Port Said Red @Chappers @RoystonFoote'snephew @bcfcfinker @SecretSam     and especially @TonyTonyTony  and @WayOutWest

I wish you well if you are going to continue praising Steve Lansdown and his buffoons.

These lovely new friends expressed the view, sometimes in horrible personal childish terms, that I was wrong to criticise our esteemed billionaire for the way he has run our football Club. They were perfectly content with the interview process for a new manager (we now know it’s been the saddest, most shambolic example of interviewing in football) when I was urging SL to head-hunt Hughton or a noted foreign coach and do it decisively. I pointed out that If we genuinely wanted Premiership football we should head-hunt someone of that calibre and having done our homework offer them what was needed to reach our goal. My new “friends” urged me to be patient, that the “Board” knew what they were doing. Our owner was a successful business man, who was I to criticise him unless I was going to cough up millions of quids like him? They told me what a marvellous chap Steve Lansdown is in putting millions into our Club (while quietly increasing his ownership to 97%). I pointed out that SL had a poor record in appointing managers, with a success rate of 2 in 8, believing that this was because of his lack of football knowledge and his conservative attitude to those who might threaten his control ( I give you Steve Cotterill). I now add arrogance to the list of his faults in treating us fans with total contempt.

They said no, no, no, he’s a marvellous chap look at all he has done for us, where would we be without him?

Well we know now that we will not be in the Premiership while he is still around. It’s too intimidating for him to manage. He is therefore IMHO the single biggest obstacle to full success for BCFC.

It seems he gives more importance to Bristol Rugby (the tenants at the ground sustained for 125 years by BCFC fans) than to our Football Club, in signing an outstanding coach. Why is this? Arrogance, obstinacy?

This was such an opportunity he missed. I thought that capitalists, successful billionaire business men, were people that took advantage of a crisis, rather than running away from them. If our Club was so brilliantly run as my friends told me, we should have had the means to get a top coach more easily, without having to compete with other Clubs that were struggling more than us under Covid.

So our brave “Board”, who say yes to SL, have put a decent man in an invidious position (this has been done more cynically and cruelly than what happened to Tinnion, in my view) where it will be almost impossible for him to succeed, given the so-called Premiership ambitions.

So I wish my “friends” a jolly time with our Feudal Lord. Get ready for more kicks in the goolies.

urggh urggh urggh.jpg

Well if he really has gone, the place will be brighter for his passing. It is sad to have to make up a load of crap, believe the crap and then use it to change one of the most important relationships in life - one's football club. I hope the poor soul now has time to get proper medical treatment and that we see him again once he has recovered. We might even be in the Premier League by then.

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

Well if he really has gone, the place will be brighter for his passing. It is sad to have to make up a load of crap, believe the crap and then use it to change one of the most important relationships in life - one's football club. I hope the poor soul now has time to get proper medical treatment and that we see him again once he has recovered. We might even be in the Premier League by then.

You implying he has mental health issues ?

14 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

urggh urggh urggh.jpg

You are just embarrassing yourself even more than usual.

2 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

I am not qualified to judge - if he has, then many others on this forum seem to be similarly afflicted.  How can supporting your football team become so bloody complicated? Watch and enjoy the games, simples.

Everyone makes mistakes. Steve will have made many in building his business - it's whether you learn from them that counts.

He's had enough tries now so I really hope either Holden works out, or if not Steve finally understands what needs to be done to get us promoted.

I'll be here supporting the club regardless as always.

18 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

urggh urggh urggh.jpg

Best wishes.. enjoy your posting..

I believe it's all bluff & Steve when it comes down to it is ultra wary of getting into the premier League..

It's a bottle job.

Oh dear.

4 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

It could be implied that SK is implying that 'the list' have mental health issues because 'the list' doesn't agree with his train of thought. Is the 'mental health' joker to be played every time anyone makes flippant remarks, doesn't agree with someone else etc. It really is tiresome and lazy.

3 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Oh dear.

It could be implied that SK is implying that 'the list' have mental health issues because 'the list' doesn't agree with his train of thought. Is the 'mental health' joker to be played every time anyone makes flippant remarks, doesn't agree with someone else etc. It really is tiresome and lazy.

Unfortunately yes.. that's the world we live in. No-one can make an opinion/remark or even joke nowadays without outrage, hostility and the victim card being played. Rather than discussion (two sided) and respect.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Was that the wordiest flounce ever?

I think I've seen longer ones on OTIB.

I'd say fair to middling.

Mind you, credit for using words like nadir and epoch.

2 minutes ago, Red7 said:

Do you? 

We is not the right word so I've made an amendment.

Bailing on this thread, it's giving the OP a chance to believe he's made a good point.

14 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Unfortunately yes.. that's the world we live in. No-one can make an opinion/remark or even joke nowadays without outrage, hostility and the victim card being played. Rather than discussion (two sided) and respect.

Like calling people middle aged fan boys you mean ?

40 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

urggh urggh urggh.jpg

Dear dear, to think of the time that must have taken you, and to think of all the more productive things you could have been doing in that time.   Like rearranging your cutlery drawer.  So sad that some people seem to think that the football club is all about them.  Now on to the new season...

22 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Dear dear, to think of the time that must have taken you, and to think of all the more productive things you could have been doing in that time.   Like rearranging your cutlery drawer.  So sad that some people seem to think that the football club is all about them.  Now on to the new season...

Maybe he had already re-arranged his cutlery drawer and was at a loss.....................

24 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

To be fair, didn't you waste loads of energy telling people not to stress about Holden's appointment when it wasn't official. Now it's official you're telling people not to stress about it?

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Maybe he had already re-arranged his cutlery drawer and was at a loss.....................

Yeah ok, fair play.  I hadn’t thought of that...

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

To be fair, didn't you waste loads of energy telling people not to stress about Holden's appointment when it wasn't official. Now it's official you're telling people not to stress about it?

Yes, correct.  No point in stressing before the announcement, and no point in stressing now it’s made.  Chill...

Archived